Peter Miami

Colombia Club

4,917 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

CG, maviwaro, thanks for your words.

Everything is nice, life is good.... now... if I just had that passport in my hand. There is always an "if'", right? Always a next thing to be worried about. Anyway, I hope Domesa gives me good news next Monday or Tuesday.

Have a great weekend!!

Juan Carlos.

I-130, I-129F

June, 07: Sent I-130, CSC

July, 07: Sent I-129F, CSC

March,08: I-130, I-129F Approved

Sept,08: Interview in Bogota, Approved

AOS

Oct, 08: AOS and EAD docs. mailed to Chicago

Oct, 08: NOA1

Nov, 08: Biometrics

Mar, 09: AOS Interview. Approved

Apr, 09: GC Received.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Osea, ya tienen luz para ver a donde van??

Those are indeed good news. Hope the hurricane didn't batter you folks that much!

Thanks Mavi,

We were very lucky. We live in the Southwestern suburbs so apart from a few roof shingles, we had no damage. In fact, we got our power back on Sunday night so we were only without electricity for one night. Much to her credit, my wife took her first hurricane calmy in stride. I thought she would be nervous and scared, but she was as cool as a cucumber.

Peace,

CG

Married: June 11, 2007 - San Andres Isla, Colombia

I-130

7/27/2007 - Sent I-130 Package to TSC*

7/30/2007 - Received by TSC

8/28/2007 - NOA-1 date - CSC

3/19/2008 - NOA2 date -CSC

I-130 held by USCIS for future AOS

I-129F

7/27/2007 - Sent I-129F Package to TSC*

8/30/2007 - NOA-1 - Fee waived

3/19/2008 - NOA2

4/3/2008 - Received by NVC

4/10/2008 - Received by embassy

4/11/2008 - Faxed packet 3 forms to embassy

4/30/2008 - Appointment date assigned

6/19/2008 - Appointment at Bogota Embassy - APPROVED!!!

No touches except when I called CSC directly to inquire.

8/28/2008 - POE Houston

Still being lazy and waiting to do AOS.

*I-130 and I-129F sent together to TSC per USCIS instructions.

Filed: Country: Colombia
Timeline

Those are indeed good news. Hope the hurricane didn't batter you folks that much!

Thanks Mavi,

We were very lucky. We live in the Southwestern suburbs so apart from a few roof shingles, we had no damage. In fact, we got our power back on Sunday night so we were only without electricity for one night. Much to her credit, my wife took her first hurricane calmy in stride. I thought she would be nervous and scared, but she was as cool as a cucumber.

Peace,

CG

That's good, CG. We live in the midwest and my wife is deathly afraid that we'll have a tornado, so every time there is thunder with dark clouds she is running to the TV to check the weather.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Thanks Mavi,

Peace,

CG

What a relief. Important thing is that you guys are not bad off.

There is something about hurricanes that, although a much larger size and length of time affecting a particular area, isn't as scary as tornadoes. Back in my undergrad days we'd go surfing during hurricane shoulder swells.

Thanks Mavi,

Peace,

CG

That's good, CG. We live in the midwest and my wife is deathly afraid that we'll have a tornado, so every time there is thunder with dark clouds she is running to the TV to check the weather.

:lol:

Tell her to worry when she hears that nasty freight train sound coming her way!

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

Timeline

I warned her about the potential for tornadoes during the run up to Ike. We were very lucky, our biggest hassle was the inconvenience caused by the multitude of store and restaurant closings.

Strangely enough, there was a really bad windstorm last week in Neiva, the city in Southern Colombia where she and a lot of my family are from. There were all kinds of downed trees and even some homes destroyed. This kind of thing never happens down there.

On a more positive note, my parents had a big party for us this weekend. My wife got to meet many of my aunts, uncles, cousins and friends. She had already met a fair number of my relatives that either live in Colombia or were there to visit including my all my living grandparents. She fit right into the whole crazy bunch as most of them are from the same city were she lived. It was kind of an odd hybrid of a wedding reception and a welcome party. In any case, everyone thought she was great and we had a good time. We also got some good loot out of the deal :)

Peace, CG

Edited by ColombianoGringo

I-130

I-129F

3/19/2008 - NOA2

8/28/2008 - POE Houston

Filed: Country: Colombia
Timeline
I warned her about the potential for tornadoes during the run up to Ike. We were very lucky, our biggest hassle was the inconvenience caused by the multitude of store and restaurant closings.

Strangely enough, there was a really bad windstorm last week in Neiva, the city in Southern Colombia where she and a lot of my family are from. There were all kinds of downed trees and even some homes destroyed. This kind of thing never happens down there.

On a more positive note, my parents had a big party for us this weekend. My wife got to meet many of my aunts, uncles, cousins and friends. She had already met a fair number of my relatives that either live in Colombia or were there to visit including my all my living grandparents. She fit right into the whole crazy bunch as most of them are from the same city were she lived. It was kind of an odd hybrid of a wedding reception and a welcome party. In any case, everyone thought she was great and we had a good time. We also got some good loot out of the deal :)

Peace, CG

My wife's best friend is from Neiva and the friend's family lives there. It's not far from Lorena's home town of Florencia. We had no word about the windstorm so I'll ask her to check with her friend to see if all is well with them.

Charles

Timeline

My friends... we finally have her passport with her visa with us. We are ready to start our trip back home!! haaaa... that sounds awesome, isn't it?

This last two days I learned a couple of things about Domesa and the consulate:

- They deliver the pasports from the embassy to domesa in a batch at night. Which means it makes no difference if you call them at 7:30am or at 8:30pm. If you call Domesa once during the day and they don't have it, you'll have to wait until the next morning.

- If you have questions about the visa, the passport, Domesa, etc, for K1/K3 visas you can go to the consulate from Monday to Thursday, 12pm - 1pm to their information window.

Hopefully, the next time you hear from me, it'll be from home, with my wife right next to me. Today is a great day!!

Juan Carlos.

I-130, I-129F

June, 07: Sent I-130, CSC

July, 07: Sent I-129F, CSC

March,08: I-130, I-129F Approved

Sept,08: Interview in Bogota, Approved

AOS

Oct, 08: AOS and EAD docs. mailed to Chicago

Oct, 08: NOA1

Nov, 08: Biometrics

Mar, 09: AOS Interview. Approved

Apr, 09: GC Received.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hey Everyone !!!! Angelica and I were approved for our visa on Monday !!!! We are still here in Bogota waiting to fly together to the USA and start our life together.

The process to me was a little confusing at first. Got in line around 6:30, entered and went in the general direction of the others in front of me. Waited in a line to check our appointment letter. Next we waited.... waited....waited until around 9:30 when somehow Angelica could hear her named called to window 31,,,, I couldn't understand the loudspeaker at all, and all the noise from other people around me... it's good she wasn't in the restroom cause there would be no way for me to understand the call. We were at the window for around 20 minutes or so.... the off to the fingerprint waiting area. Another 30 minute wait or longer.... she was called and printed. The last window, 4 I think,,, we were called maybe another 30 minutes after the fingerprints... her interview was fast, then my turn.... 3 questions... how did we meet? Do I know her sister, where is she? And one question about our future wedding. After that she said, "Okay-now you need to go pay the Domesa", Congratulations, you are approved. YES !!!!! I got to go now, but any questions please feel free to write !!!!! Thanks to all who helped so much !!!!!! Chao, John

Timeline

Congratulations John,

That interview day is certainly a long and stressful experience. For us, all the initial steps went quickly, but it took forever to get called for the interview. The place had mostly cleared out by the time we were finally called. Still, we were very happy when it was all over with.

On Sunday, it was a month since my wife arrived in the US. We are very happy and everything is going very well. Not only are we getting along very well, she has really hit it off with my family and friends. Good luck to you on your trip home and your new life together.

CG

I-130

I-129F

3/19/2008 - NOA2

8/28/2008 - POE Houston

Timeline

Hey Colombia Club,

My I130 and I129F were finally approved. I thought i had everything set to go and was just waiting for the embassy to receive the case as it is indicated in the embassy information page. However, i called the NVC and they told me that they sent out a packet out to me containing an affidavit of support processing fee, choice of agent and address form. I am really confused as to what is going on. I heard that it is a new policy being implemented. Anyone else run into this new policy?? Thanks for the help.

Sincerely,

Harold

Timeline
Hey Colombia Club,

My I130 and I129F were finally approved. I thought i had everything set to go and was just waiting for the embassy to receive the case as it is indicated in the embassy information page. However, i called the NVC and they told me that they sent out a packet out to me containing an affidavit of support processing fee, choice of agent and address form. I am really confused as to what is going on. I heard that it is a new policy being implemented. Anyone else run into this new policy?? Thanks for the help.

Sincerely,

Harold

Is this because the I130 was approved before instead of the I129?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

It sounds like it. The DS-3032 and AOS fee bill are to get you started on the CR1 visa process. You can either follow that path now or wait until they approve your I-129F for the K3 visa. However, if they were both approved, the NVC will keep the I-130 and forward the I-129F to the embassy for the K3 visa.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Timeline
It sounds like it. The DS-3032 and AOS fee bill are to get you started on the CR1 visa process. You can either follow that path now or wait until they approve your I-129F for the K3 visa. However, if they were both approved, the NVC will keep the I-130 and forward the I-129F to the embassy for the K3 visa.

Diana

Yea you were right. I got in contact with DOS and they told me that the I129F had already been sent to the embassy so they should get it sometime next week. I am still in Colombia with my wife and will be heading back to NY on Oct 15th so that i can take care of all the paperwork associated with the I134. It seems like everything is going to work out just fine. One more thing Diana, do you think she will be able to get to the US before the end of the year. Thanks again you always save me from going insane.

Sincerely,

Harold Paredes

Timeline

Hello again Colombia Club,

I have a few questions regarding the paperwork I have to send back to the embassy to schedule my interview. Do i have to send the following:

1. Cover letter

2. DS-2100 (page 4 of packet 3 instructions)

3. DS-230 Part 1 (pages 1 & 2 only)

4. Copy of fiancée's passport (biographical data page)

and at the interview show the I 134? Does the I134 that is going to be notarized need some sort of apostille or something since it is going to be notarized in the United States? Finally, does the I134 have to be the original? I was thinking if i could fax it to my wife from New York and she could present that. Thank you so much.

Sincerely,

Harold Paredes

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hey Guys! If I already file my I-130 for a K3 visa, do I have to pay the $455 fee for the I-129F? Please someone tell me!!!!!!!!!!! Help............ :help:

i-130

I-130

09/19/08 Mailed I-130

09/29/08 NOA1 Recieved

04/10/09 I-130 Approved

04/18/09 NOA2 Recieved

04/17/09 Case recieved by NVC

04/30/09 AOS Bill Recieved

04/30/09 DS-3032 Recieved

05/01/09 AOS Bill Paid

05/01/09 DS-3032 Email Sent

05/07/09 Sent I-864

05/11/09 Overnight DS-3032

05/13/09 Paid Bill IV "In Process"

05/14/09 Bill IV "Paid"

05/14/09 Overnight DS-230 Doc's

05/15/09 DS-230 recieved by NVC

05/22/09 Case on review

05/28/09 NVC requested original beneficiary divorse papers

05/29/09 Fedex RFE

06/05/09 RFE uploaded on NVC system (Finally)

06/15/09 Case Completed

06/26/09 File Left NVC

06/30/09 File arrived Embassy

07/21/09 Medical

07/22/09 CR-1 Interview Day

07/22/09 Visa Approved

xx/xx/xx Visa recieved

08/05/09 Finally home - End of Journey

09/14/09 Welcome letter and Green Card recieved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.