Peter Miami

Colombia Club

4,917 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

What's up Colombia Club! Our interview is set for the 26th of August, just liked to know if I we have everything in order!

So here is what we have so far:

1. Copy of entire I-129F Package

2. Certificado Judicial

3. Passport

4. My notarized I-134 (I'm a student and am unemployed for now)

5. Co-Sponsors notarizedI-134 with

-Copy of 3 most recent pay stubs

-Bank Statement

-Employee Letter

-2 House deeds

-Stock Statement

- W2 Form

-1040 Tax Return

6.Fiancee's Birth Certificate

7.My Birth Certificate

8. Two new Fiance letters of intent

9. Whole bunch of Pictures including some from when we were babies HA!, and letters, emails

10. Copy of Notice of approval

11. DS-156 and DS-156K

12. Page Where our case number appears in Schedule of Appointments in August

13. 10 Passport style photographs, 10 just in case.

14. Fiancee's Baptismal Certificate

15. We plan on picking up the DAS Certificate when my fiancee gets to Bogota on the 21st

16. Scheduled for Lab exam and Physical exam on the 22nd

17. Copy of all the pages of my passport.

18. Packet 4

All I have left to do is pay the visa fees and thats it. I'm currently unemployed and a full time student, I worked last year, should I include my W2?

Is there anything that we are missing?!

Edited by Vintage

K-1 Timeline

I-129F Sent - 3/4/2008

I-129F Recieved - 3/5/2008

I-129F Approved - 5/7/2008

Interview Date - 8/26/2008 - (Asked for petitioner to be interviewed as well, new interview Date 9/18/2008)

Interview 2 Date - 9/18/2008 - (Case Sent to review, and not DENIED as I orignally thought)

Gave up on K1 process - 9/19/2008

Canceled K-1 Petition - 5/1/09

Married - 5/30/2009

Recieved K-1 2nd Approval (HA!) - 6/6/2009

Long Honey Moon - 5/30/2009-10/14/2009

I-130 Timeline

I-130 Sent - 12/22/2009

I-130 Recieved - 12/23/2009

Received NOA1 Hardcopy - 1/4/10 (Dated 12/29/09)

NOA2 - 3/9/2010

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Some news that's slightly off topic...

My wife's mother went for her tourist visa interview on Monday ..... and was APPROVED!!! Que milagro!!

I doubt that it helped, but a month or so ago I sent a letter to the embassy on her behalf. In any case, we hope to have her visit here for the Christmas holidays. :dance:

That is wonderful! Congratulations!

There is another member of the Colombia Club whose parents went last month and also were approved. I guess what the ambassador said a few months ago is true, that they're now approving 60% of the applicants vs. the 10% they used to approve before.

Great news Charles, it gives us hope! :thumbs:

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Goooood afternoon, Colombia club!!

I have some good news to report: My case showed up last week at the National Visa Center!!! I know I shouldn't get that excited, but hey, every little progress counts. Besides, I like the thought of my case being "somewhere" as opposed to being in the limbo.

Now, they told me it is under Admin Review and they have no clue how long it would take. My guess is that they will have to assign me a new BGT (or BOG?) case number and I hope at least some supervisor takes a look at my case. So it is ok. if they take some time to do things right this time around..... unless they take months and months.

Has anyone had any experiences with Admin reviews at the NVC? Do you think it would be down to earth to expect a couple of weeks delay?

As always, thanks for your help, opinion, comments or suggestions.

Juan Carlos.

PS. Congratulations on your in-laws visa, Parkpapa! I dream on the day I can post something similar on this forum

I-130, I-129F

June, 07: Sent I-130, CSC

July, 07: Sent I-129F, CSC

March,08: I-130, I-129F Approved

Sept,08: Interview in Bogota, Approved

AOS

Oct, 08: AOS and EAD docs. mailed to Chicago

Oct, 08: NOA1

Nov, 08: Biometrics

Mar, 09: AOS Interview. Approved

Apr, 09: GC Received.

Timeline
What's up Colombia Club! Our interview is set for the 26th of August, just liked to know if I we have everything in order!

So here is what we have so far:

1. Copy of entire I-129F Package

2. Certificado Judicial

3. Passport

4. My notarized I-134 (I'm a student and am unemployed for now)

5. Co-Sponsors notarizedI-134 with

-Copy of 3 most recent pay stubs

-Bank Statement

-Employee Letter

-2 House deeds

-Stock Statement

- W2 Form

-1040 Tax Return

6.Fiancee's Birth Certificate

7.My Birth Certificate

8. Two new Fiance letters of intent

9. Whole bunch of Pictures including some from when we were babies HA!, and letters, emails

10. Copy of Notice of approval

11. DS-156 and DS-156K

12. Page Where our case number appears in Schedule of Appointments in August

13. 10 Passport style photographs, 10 just in case.

14. Fiancee's Baptismal Certificate

15. We plan on picking up the DAS Certificate when my fiancee gets to Bogota on the 21st

16. Scheduled for Lab exam and Physical exam on the 22nd

17. Copy of all the pages of my passport.

18. Packet 4

All I have left to do is pay the visa fees and thats it. I'm currently unemployed and a full time student, I worked last year, should I include my W2?

Is there anything that we are missing?!

You're pretty good to go. The only thing is if you did work last year and have tax returns, it would be a good thing to bring copies of them along with copies of the W2, especially since that info will be in the I-134.

Other than that, you're all set. :thumbs:

Diana

CR-1

05/03/07 - NOA2

08/08/07 - Case Complete

10/02/07 - POE

Removing Conditions

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

U.S. Citizenship

05/12/11 - Biometrics

Timeline

I have some good news to report: My case showed up last week at the National Visa Center!!! I know I shouldn't get that excited, but hey, every little progress counts. Besides, I like the thought of my case being "somewhere" as opposed to being in the limbo.

Now, they told me it is under Admin Review and they have no clue how long it would take. My guess is that they will have to assign me a new BGT (or BOG?) case number and I hope at least some supervisor takes a look at my case. So it is ok. if they take some time to do things right this time around..... unless they take months and months.

Has anyone had any experiences with Admin reviews at the NVC? Do you think it would be down to earth to expect a couple of weeks delay?

Juan Carlos.

PS. Congratulations on your in-laws visa, Parkpapa! I dream on the day I can post something similar on this forum

Juan Carlos,

That is fantastic news. I think it's wonderful that your case is not lost for sure. So yeah, the NVC should now assign you a BGT case before they send it to Bogotá. Since it's a K3 visa, they will not schedule the interview and just send the case over to the embassy as soon as they assign it a case #. That's the way it should work anyway.

Once the case gets there, your wife needs to fax, send or e-mail packet 3 to the embassy and as soon as they receive it, they will assign her an interview date.

Let us know if you need anything else.

Diana

CR-1

05/03/07 - NOA2

08/08/07 - Case Complete

10/02/07 - POE

Removing Conditions

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

U.S. Citizenship

05/12/11 - Biometrics

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Mononoke28, thanks for the reply, greatly appreciated!

K-1 Timeline

I-129F Sent - 3/4/2008

I-129F Recieved - 3/5/2008

I-129F Approved - 5/7/2008

Interview Date - 8/26/2008 - (Asked for petitioner to be interviewed as well, new interview Date 9/18/2008)

Interview 2 Date - 9/18/2008 - (Case Sent to review, and not DENIED as I orignally thought)

Gave up on K1 process - 9/19/2008

Canceled K-1 Petition - 5/1/09

Married - 5/30/2009

Recieved K-1 2nd Approval (HA!) - 6/6/2009

Long Honey Moon - 5/30/2009-10/14/2009

I-130 Timeline

I-130 Sent - 12/22/2009

I-130 Recieved - 12/23/2009

Received NOA1 Hardcopy - 1/4/10 (Dated 12/29/09)

NOA2 - 3/9/2010

Timeline

You're very welcome. ^_^

Diana

CR-1

05/03/07 - NOA2

08/08/07 - Case Complete

10/02/07 - POE

Removing Conditions

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

U.S. Citizenship

05/12/11 - Biometrics

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

My wife's mother went for her tourist visa interview on Monday ..... and was APPROVED!!! Que milagro!!

I doubt that it helped, but a month or so ago I sent a letter to the embassy on her behalf. In any case, we hope to have her visit here for the Christmas holidays. :dance:

Sweet! Have a great time!

That is wonderful! Congratulations!

There is another member of the Colombia Club whose parents went last month and also were approved. I guess what the ambassador said a few months ago is true, that they're now approving 60% of the applicants vs. the 10% they used to approve before.

Great news Charles, it gives us hope! :thumbs:

Diana

Yes it does. My suegra might want to hear about this. Even though my suegro has Spanish citizenship, every little bit will help since they are retired.

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Juan Carlos.

Juan Carlos,

That is fantastic news. I think it's wonderful that your case is not lost for sure. So yeah, the NVC should now assign you a BGT case before they send it to Bogotá. Since it's a K3 visa, they will not schedule the interview and just send the case over to the embassy as soon as they assign it a case #. That's the way it should work anyway.

Once the case gets there, your wife needs to fax, send or e-mail packet 3 to the embassy and as soon as they receive it, they will assign her an interview date.

Let us know if you need anything else.

Diana

I have been through both types of Administrative review and Administrative processing. AR is at the NVC level and AP is at the embassy level.

On average people spend a couple of days under AR in NVC. But some have been known to take a couple of weeks. For andres and I it took a little over 3 weeks to be sent from NVC to the Embassy. Another VJer Cameron was delaid exactly a month.

Hopefully this wont be your case...but if it is...know that there is a end to Administrative Review. It will come eventually.

Diana B

10/17/07...Lawyer sent overnight to USCIS...
07/17/08...VISA RECEIVED!
POE LAX 07/25/2008
Civil wedding...8/1/08

AOS
08/25/08...NOA1
09/23/08...Biometrics
11/10/08...EAD and AP approved!
12/27/08...Appointment letter received
02/20/09...Appointment at local Santa Ana office
02/28/09...GREEN CARD RECEIVED!!!

REMOVE CONDITIONS
12/01/2010...Mailed I-751 for removal of conditions.
12/02/2010...NOA1
01/19/2011...Biometrics
03/10/2011...Card Production ordered!! Approval 10 Year Green Card!
**/**/****....card received

Naturalization Process

05/04/2013 application submitted

05/25/2013 biometrics done

06/25/2013 Noa received

07/29/2013 Naturalization Interview

08/21/2013 Oath Ceremony

Son was born 08/30/2013

.png

Timeline

Hi Colombia Club,

As you guys can probably see i am brand new to the site and i have a few questions that some of you who already went through the process might be able to answer. First, i am waiting to get the I-129F approved, according to the website USCIS.gov, it will be finished around Sept 15 (if it continues to go along a slow month at a time as it has been for the past 3 months). I have scheduled a flight down to Colombia for this Tuesday, August 12th and i plan on staying there until October 15. I wanted to know if it takes long for the I-129F to actually be approved and the documentation to be sent to The NVC and then to the embassy in Bogota. I am concerned because i will not be able to leave the proper documentation behind to send right if anything is asked of me..

So my main question is.. for the I-134 affidavit of support, do they ask that i mail it in to them or does she bring it to the interview?? and for the affidavit of support, since i am a recent graduate and i am currently applying to medical schools, i obviously will not be able to meet the requirements as a sponsor, Does a Co-Sponsor send in another I-134 sponsoring her as well?

I am really disappointed because its almost going to be a year since i applied for the I-130 and the process is going really slow.

Muchas Gracias por la ayuda.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Diana and Diana: (yes, it sounds like a law firm, with the only difference that the information and comments you provide are actually useful!!)

THANKS for your comments!! We'll see how long my case stays at the NVC. I'll let you know and once again, thanks for your help.

- Harold... so far I have no experience with affidavits of support, but I am sure someone else will be able to help you. As for the timing goes, my advice is to plan for the worse case: be optymistic, but also prepare in case your appointment does not get scheduled before Oct 15th. You definetively don't want to be taken by surprise.

Good luck!

Juan Carlos

I-130, I-129F

June, 07: Sent I-130, CSC

July, 07: Sent I-129F, CSC

March,08: I-130, I-129F Approved

Sept,08: Interview in Bogota, Approved

AOS

Oct, 08: AOS and EAD docs. mailed to Chicago

Oct, 08: NOA1

Nov, 08: Biometrics

Mar, 09: AOS Interview. Approved

Apr, 09: GC Received.

Timeline
Hi Colombia Club,

As you guys can probably see i am brand new to the site and i have a few questions that some of you who already went through the process might be able to answer. First, i am waiting to get the I-129F approved, according to the website USCIS.gov, it will be finished around Sept 15 (if it continues to go along a slow month at a time as it has been for the past 3 months). I have scheduled a flight down to Colombia for this Tuesday, August 12th and i plan on staying there until October 15. I wanted to know if it takes long for the I-129F to actually be approved and the documentation to be sent to The NVC and then to the embassy in Bogota. I am concerned because i will not be able to leave the proper documentation behind to send right if anything is asked of me..

So my main question is.. for the I-134 affidavit of support, do they ask that i mail it in to them or does she bring it to the interview?? and for the affidavit of support, since i am a recent graduate and i am currently applying to medical schools, i obviously will not be able to meet the requirements as a sponsor, Does a Co-Sponsor send in another I-134 sponsoring her as well?

I am really disappointed because its almost going to be a year since i applied for the I-130 and the process is going really slow.

Harold,

Welcome to VJ and to the Colombia Club.

First of all, that is way too long a wait for an approval from the VSC. You need to call the USCIS to find out what is going on with your approval. If that doesn't work, make an Infopass appointment with your local office and try to get more info out of them. In the mean time, contact your congressman's office and ask for help because waiting almost a year for approval is unacceptable. Their office has a group of people who deal with these kind of things and will try to help you. Start by looking at their web sites for contact information.

As for the financial question, you and your co-sponsor need to fill and notarize an I-134 each. You don't need to mail this to the embassy, in fact, you don't have to mail them anything. Your wife will take any extra paperwork that they need to see the day of the interview.

Diana

CR-1

05/03/07 - NOA2

08/08/07 - Case Complete

10/02/07 - POE

Removing Conditions

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

U.S. Citizenship

05/12/11 - Biometrics

Timeline
Hi Colombia Club,

Harold,

Welcome to VJ and to the Colombia Club.

First of all, that is way too long a wait for an approval from the VSC. You need to call the USCIS to find out what is going on with your approval. If that doesn't work, make an Infopass appointment with your local office and try to get more info out of them. In the mean time, contact your congressman's office and ask for help because waiting almost a year for approval is unacceptable. Their office has a group of people who deal with these kind of things and will try to help you. Start by looking at their web sites for contact information.

As for the financial question, you and your co-sponsor need to fill and notarize an I-134 each. You don't need to mail this to the embassy, in fact, you don't have to mail them anything. Your wife will take any extra paperwork that they need to see the day of the interview.

Diana

Yeah i know its a long time but i have been harassing them for a long time asking them why it is taking so long. Unfortunately they say that it is because of the incredible amount of applications they received last year right before the fee increase. It was something like twice the amount they normally handle and i was unfortunately caught in that batch. So the I-134 is taken by my wife to the embassy the day of the interview right? I do not have to mail in anything to anyone but her so that she can take it that day to the interview?

Thank you so much.

Timeline

Well the reason I say that is because there are a lot of people who sent in their forms for CR1, K3, K1 and AOS after the change of fees and were approved already, in fact, a lot of them already have their visas in hand or are already here in the US. So no, your wait time is not normal.

Yes, the only documents that you have to send her for the interview are the I-134 forms (one from you and one from your co-sponsor) and any supporting financial evidence as listed on the instructions such as copies of tax returns and W2s, pay stubs, letter of employer, etc.

Diana

CR-1

05/03/07 - NOA2

08/08/07 - Case Complete

10/02/07 - POE

Removing Conditions

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

U.S. Citizenship

05/12/11 - Biometrics

Timeline
Well the reason I say that is because there are a lot of people who sent in their forms for CR1, K3, K1 and AOS after the change of fees and were approved already, in fact, a lot of them already have their visas in hand or are already here in the US. So no, your wait time is not normal.

Yes, the only documents that you have to send her for the interview are the I-134 forms (one from you and one from your co-sponsor) and any supporting financial evidence as listed on the instructions such as copies of tax returns and W2s, pay stubs, letter of employer, etc.

Diana

Wow really??? thanks Diana for that information.

The thing is that i submitted the I-130 mid September of 2007, and then i got the NOA1 at the beginning of January... I think that is where the main delay is. I submitted the I-129F on March 27, 2008 because i found out about the whole K-3 visa process thanks to a friend of mine, if not i would still be waiting for the I130 to be approved. Online it says that its going to get approved around Sept 15. Diana with your experience, how long does it take for them to actually send you a NOA2 when the online processing times has told you that the the case has been finished??

So as far as the I-129F process is concerned it has been 4 months and 12 days as of August 8th. Do you think that the process might be done before the end of the year? I would really love it if she can spend Christmas with me here.

Thank you so much for all the help.

Sincerely,

Harold Paredes

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.