Peter Miami

Colombia Club

4,917 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Bill and Bella again Congrats. Just an update my 2 step sons made it to JFK Satuday morning and it was a BREEZE for them, I guess cause they are kids. They did not ask any questions at all. Also my husband brought a paper back that said it the applicates were under 18 a Social security card is not sent, so this morning we went and applied. No problem what so ever they were both in the system should receive card in 7-10 days. The only thing the lady said was she would do one today and the other on Wedensday so the numbers are no close together. Go figure. I appreciate this site and this forum in particular. I read and read and learned so much. Good luck on everyone's journey.

Why is it that the only one who can stop the crying is the one who started it in the first place?

More Complete Story here
My Saga includes 2 step sons
USC Married 4/2007 Colombian on overstay since 2001 of B1/B2 visa
Applied 5/2007 Approved GC in Hand 10/2007
I-751 mailed 6/30/09 aapproved 11/7/09 The BOYS I-751 Mailed 12/29/09 3/23/10 Email approval for 17 CR 3/27/10
4/14/10 Email approval for 13 yr Old CR 4/23/10

Oldest son now 21 I-130 filed by LPR dad ( as per NVC CSPA is applying here )
I-130 approved 2/24
Priority date 12/6/2007
4/6/2010 letter from NVC arrives to son dated 3/4/2010
5/4/10 received AOS and DS3032 via email
9/22/10 Interview BOG Passed
10/3/10 POE JFK all went well
11/11/10 GC Received smile.png

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Hi everyone,

I called DOS and Margarita has her interview April 11th. I am so excited!!!! I allready reserved the apartment in Bogota

john

"CONGRATS"...JOHN AND MARGARITA!!!! :thumbs:

Scott

K1 TIMELINE

04/31/07-Sent out I-129F

05/03/07-NOA1"priority date"

08/20/07-Received hard copy of NOA1...HOORAAY!

09/21/07-NOA2 "APPROVED"

09/26/07-NOA2 Hardcopy

10/31/07-NVC mailed I-129F to Bogota via DHL

11/09/07-Called Dept. of State and interview is set for 12/12/07

12/07/07-Yenifer and I arrive in Bogota

12/12/07-VISA "APPROVED"

12/19/07-Point Of Entry: Miami

01/23/08-Married

AOS, EAD + AP TIMELINE

02/25/08-Mailed AOS, EAD + AP

02/26/08-Packet arrived in Chicago

03/06/08-NOAs received

03/25/08-Biometrics appointment

05/05/08-EAD received

05/09/08-AP received

06/30/08-Card production ordered

07/15/08-Received card today!!!

LIFT CONDITIONS (I-751)

03/15/10-File to lift conditions

03/19/10-NOA1 I-751 receipt notice

03/26/10-NOA2 biometrics scheduled

04/22/10-Biometrics appointment

06/14/10-Card production ordered

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Hi everyone,

I called DOS and Margarita has her interview April 11th. I am so excited!!!! I allready reserved the apartment in Bogota

john

Hi everyone,

Here is my plan. Please let me know if you think I am missing anything or if something doesn't sound like a good idea. Tuesday April 8 John flies to Bogota from US, and Margarita and Daniela fly to Bogota from Medellin. Meet at the airport and go to the apartment. Wednesday Margarita goes to the lab at 7 am. After the lab, go to DAS to pickup Migratorio report (she ordered it at the DAS office in Medellin and it is ready for pickup in Bogota). Lunch, and if time allows pay for the Visas at the bank. Both Margara and Dani go to doctor Gonzalez in the afternoon. Assuming no problems, Thursday is a day of fun. In the event of some unforeseen problem, Thursday is available to remedy the problem. Friday morning the interview. Friday evening celebrate (hopefully). Also, does anyone have any ideas for a fun day Thursday or Saturday? Something fun for the whole family. Daniela is 8 years old and loves rides. Margara and I are both unfamiliar with Bogota, but I'd love for the 3 of us to go to a theme park if there is one there.

thanks

john

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
Hi everyone,

john

Hi everyone,

Here is my plan. Please let me know if you think I am missing anything or if something doesn't sound like a good idea. Tuesday April 8 John flies to Bogota from US, and Margarita and Daniela fly to Bogota from Medellin. Meet at the airport and go to the apartment. Wednesday Margarita goes to the lab at 7 am. After the lab, go to DAS to pickup Migratorio report (she ordered it at the DAS office in Medellin and it is ready for pickup in Bogota). Lunch, and if time allows pay for the Visas at the bank. Both Margara and Dani go to doctor Gonzalez in the afternoon. Assuming no problems, Thursday is a day of fun. In the event of some unforeseen problem, Thursday is available to remedy the problem. Friday morning the interview. Friday evening celebrate (hopefully). Also, does anyone have any ideas for a fun day Thursday or Saturday? Something fun for the whole family. Daniela is 8 years old and loves rides. Margara and I are both unfamiliar with Bogota, but I'd love for the 3 of us to go to a theme park if there is one there.

thanks

john

J-

That is fantastic news...I wish you all of God Blessing for your interview and your new life together.

The theme park is not far from the airport in Bogota it is called "Salitre Majico" :dance: it is a lot of fun. The rides are great the food is good (try the hot dogs gooooooood). I went with Dayfenix's nieces and nephews and had a wonderful time, and it is very inexpensive. You can make a full day of it.

:thumbs: Contrats...and God Bless

Eric

I-129F

October 11, 2006 Met

January 12, 2007 Went on Vacation Santa Marta Colombia

February 12, 2007 Went to Bogota to spend US Valentines togehter

March 15, 2007 Went back to Bogota more time togethter

April 13, 2007 Back to Bogota for my love

May 19, 2007 sent I-129F (Vertmont)

May 24, 2007 received NOA1

June 24, 2007 Back to Bogota for my LOOOOVE!

July 5, 2007 RFE

July 16, 2007 Received Evidence (wait 60 days)

Sept 13, 2007 Touch (told to wait...maybe 30-45 more days)

Sept 19, 2007 Touch (told 60 day window is actual working days aaaagh!)

Oct 11, 2007 Touched called USCIS for status and went to my local office (no help...still waiting)

Nov 5, 2007 Recvd notice of denial for divorce decree signature date

Nov 6 -30 2007 Met w local Senator, local Homeland Secrty Office, Touch USCIS office

Nov 30, 2007 Refiled at greater expense, and now longer delay

Dec 6, 2007 NOA1

Feb 20, 2008 NOA2 (Approved application I-129F)

Feb 25, 2008 Application Recvd by NVC (NVC forwarding application to US Embassy Bogota via DHL today)

Feb 28, 2008 application received by Embassy via DHL per NVC

Mar 3 sent fax of packet 3 to US Embassy Bogota (waiting for embassy to send packet 3 to apt in Bogota)

Mar 14 called NVC again & found our packet 3 mailed on 3/13/08 & our interview was scheduled for 4/17/08

Mar 19 received packet 3 from US Embassy

April 17, 2008 We ARE APPROVED!!!

April 22, VISA in hand

May 27, Arrive in the US

Remember God is in the blessing business, and business is always good

Timeline

Question for all the people who already received their K1 visas. Did the CO or the people at the embassy ever ask you for Part II of the DS-230? I know last year they were asking all SO's to sign it in fron of the CO but it doesn't seem to be the case anymore. Can anyone please clarify?

Thanks!

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Timeline
Hi everyone,

thanks

john

Salitre Mágico is a great place to take an 8 year-old child. You can also try the Tren Turístico on Saturday that leaves early from Bogotá to go to a small town to spend the day and then it comes back in the afternoon. It's really fun and you have a choice of different routes to go on. Here's their info:

Dirección: Estación de la Sabana, Calle 13 No. 18-24, (Estación de Usaquen, Calle 110 con Carrera 10), BOGOTá

Teléfono: (57) 1 257 1459

Diana

Edited by Mononoke28

CR-1

05/03/07 - NOA2

08/08/07 - Case Complete

10/02/07 - POE

Removing Conditions

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

U.S. Citizenship

05/12/11 - Biometrics

Timeline
Hi everyone,

thanks

john

Salitre Mágico is a great place to take an 8 year-old child. You can also try the Tren Turístico on Saturday that leaves early from Bogotá to go to a small town to spend the day and then it comes back in the afternoon. It's really fun and you have a choice of different routes to go on. Here's their info:

Dirección: Estación de la Sabana, Calle 13 No. 18-24, (Estación de Usaquen, Calle 110 con Carrera 10), BOGOTá

Diana

Thanks Santa and Diana,

Wow Diana. You even give the address. You're the best

john

Timeline
Hi everyone,

thanks

john

Diana

Thanks Santa and Diana,

Wow Diana. You even give the address. You're the best

john

Hi everyone,

I have a kind of silly question. If I am going to the interview with my Margara,do I need to write a new letter of intent? I assume that my presence at the interview should demonstrate my intent, but I never know when it comes to this process. I have one more question. Do we need to bring a notarized letter signed by Daniela's father to the interview? I know we will need it when they leave Colombia, but I am not sure if the embassy requires it before they will grant Daniela a K3 visa. Margara and Daniela aren't coming to the US until October or November, so we will need to get a letter from Daniela's father in September either way.

thanks

john

Question for all the people who already received their K1 visas. Did the CO or the people at the embassy ever ask you for Part II of the DS-230? I know last year they were asking all SO's to sign it in fron of the CO but it doesn't seem to be the case anymore. Can anyone please clarify?

Thanks!

Diana

Not only did they not ask for Part 2, they returned Part 1 after the intial document review. They still say that part 1 is required for all applicants but don't seem to know what to do with it. I get the feeling that the document requirements are in the process of being changed but the package 3 & 4 instructions have not caught up yet. I would still recommend filling out the DS-230 Part 1 until the instructions say otherwise but Part 2 is not necessary.

My Timeline:

7/27/07 VSC rcvd I-129F--8/7/07 NOA1 issued--12/12/07 NOA2 issued--12/27/07 Pkg 3 returned--2/29/08 Interview & Approval--4/1/08 POE--6/27/08 Married--6/27/08-6/5/09 Trying to figure out how to make this work--6/11/09 Submitted AOS forms--6/19/09 NOA's issued--7/21 Biometrics--7/27 Rcvd 2 of 3 Interview appt letters for 8/24--8/3 Rcvd 3rd interview appt letter for 8/28--8/5 Used infopass appt to consolidate interviews on 8/28--8/6/09 Rcvd email notification of AP & EAD approvals--8/11&12 Rcvd AP's in mail--8/14 Rcvd 1st EAD card in mail.--8/23/11 Mailed ROC Pkg.--8/24/11 NOA--10/5/11 Biometrics

My Favorite Links & Threads:

CSC & VSC K1 & K3 Recent approvals

Colombia Club Part 1 & Colombia Club Part 2

RFE List Learn from others' mistakes.

Red Flags Learn what to try to avoid or prepare to discuss and explain during interview.

HUSKERKIEV Thread Great insider tips from a former adjudicator at the Nebraska Service Center.

Hi everyone,

I have a kind of silly question. If I am going to the interview with my Margara,do I need to write a new letter of intent? I assume that my presence at the interview should demonstrate my intent, but I never know when it comes to this process. I have one more question. Do we need to bring a notarized letter signed by Daniela's father to the interview? I know we will need it when they leave Colombia, but I am not sure if the embassy requires it before they will grant Daniela a K3 visa. Margara and Daniela aren't coming to the US until October or November, so we will need to get a letter from Daniela's father in September either way.

thanks

john

I attended the interview and did not submit a new letter of intent.

I do not think that the father's permission letter is required by the embassy but I cannot confirm it with 100% certainty because Bella's kids were products of miraculous but strangely common Colombian immaculate conceptions. (No father on the birth certificates.)

If you are not already aware, DAS requires that the letter from the parent granting permission be very recent. I forget the exact limitation but you will definitely want to research that if you haven't already done so. I think September may be too soon to obtain the letter.

Also, keep in mind that the visa is only good for 180 days so if your visa is issued in April it will expire before November.

My Timeline:

7/27/07 VSC rcvd I-129F--8/7/07 NOA1 issued--12/12/07 NOA2 issued--12/27/07 Pkg 3 returned--2/29/08 Interview & Approval--4/1/08 POE--6/27/08 Married--6/27/08-6/5/09 Trying to figure out how to make this work--6/11/09 Submitted AOS forms--6/19/09 NOA's issued--7/21 Biometrics--7/27 Rcvd 2 of 3 Interview appt letters for 8/24--8/3 Rcvd 3rd interview appt letter for 8/28--8/5 Used infopass appt to consolidate interviews on 8/28--8/6/09 Rcvd email notification of AP & EAD approvals--8/11&12 Rcvd AP's in mail--8/14 Rcvd 1st EAD card in mail.--8/23/11 Mailed ROC Pkg.--8/24/11 NOA--10/5/11 Biometrics

Red Flags Learn what to try to avoid or prepare to discuss and explain during interview.

HUSKERKIEV Thread Great insider tips from a former adjudicator at the Nebraska Service Center.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

HEY BILL!!!!!!!!!!!

We can finally put faces to the family...well 3 of them anyway (the important ones :lol: )

Bella and the kids look soooooooo happy. Yenifer and I want to congratulate you again and wish your family a lifetime of happiness. :thumbs:

Scott

K1 TIMELINE

04/31/07-Sent out I-129F

05/03/07-NOA1"priority date"

08/20/07-Received hard copy of NOA1...HOORAAY!

09/21/07-NOA2 "APPROVED"

09/26/07-NOA2 Hardcopy

10/31/07-NVC mailed I-129F to Bogota via DHL

11/09/07-Called Dept. of State and interview is set for 12/12/07

12/07/07-Yenifer and I arrive in Bogota

12/12/07-VISA "APPROVED"

12/19/07-Point Of Entry: Miami

01/23/08-Married

AOS, EAD + AP TIMELINE

02/25/08-Mailed AOS, EAD + AP

02/26/08-Packet arrived in Chicago

03/06/08-NOAs received

03/25/08-Biometrics appointment

05/05/08-EAD received

05/09/08-AP received

06/30/08-Card production ordered

07/15/08-Received card today!!!

LIFT CONDITIONS (I-751)

03/15/10-File to lift conditions

03/19/10-NOA1 I-751 receipt notice

03/26/10-NOA2 biometrics scheduled

04/22/10-Biometrics appointment

06/14/10-Card production ordered

Timeline

Thanks Bill! Beautiful family, btw.

Diana

CR-1

05/03/07 - NOA2

08/08/07 - Case Complete

10/02/07 - POE

Removing Conditions

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

U.S. Citizenship

05/12/11 - Biometrics

HEY BILL!!!!!!!!!!!

We can finally put faces to the family...well 3 of them anyway (the important ones :lol: )

Bella and the kids look soooooooo happy. Yenifer and I want to congratulate you again and wish your family a lifetime of happiness. :thumbs:

Diana

Thanks so much! :)

My Timeline:

Timeline
HEY BILL!!!!!!!!!!!

Diana

Thanks so much! :)

Hi everyone,

When you have traveled to Colombia in the past, how and where do you exchange currency? I normally send money to Margara Western Union. I don't want her to travel with such a large ammount of money on her. This trip will require much more money than previous trips, what with the doctor and visas and vaccinations. I would prefer to bring it myself. On previous trips, I noticed a currency exchange at the airport in Miami. Is anyone familiar with these airport currency exchanges? I have a feeling they might charge large fees. Worst case I will just send her the money and we can pick it up together in Bogota.

Thanks

john

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.