Peter Miami

Colombia Club

4,917 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Diana - I checked out the USCIS web site about the K3 visa and there are no bulletins in there. I'm a K3 and STRONGLY recommend filing for a K1 instead, even if you are married already. The K3 is a nightmare! Don't get me started. I want to barf everytime I see a posting where the K1 has a SS number already! If you're considering the K3 route, save yourself a headache and follow the K1 route instead.

That's my two cents worth...so if they get rid of it....good riddence!

Dre

For what it's worth, I'm in 110% agreement with Dre on this. Avoid the K-3 process if at all possible. To call it a nightmare is being kind. To call it what it really is would get me banned from the site. :blush:

Charles

Hmm... I guess we have to wait and see. There are people in the K3 forum all riled up about either the USCIS or the NVC not processing their I-129Fs anymore. I guess they are scrapping those and only processing the I-130s. Which is pretty good since the CR1/IR1 visas are the least hassle free, but at the same time, they might have paid extra for the K3.

I also saw another lady from Bogotá in the Colombian K1 thread going for a K3 visa and again, the difference between that and a CR1/IR1 is about 1½-2 months. So if anyone wants to get married before coming here, the CR1/IR1 visa is the way to go. Waiting less than 60 days to avoid the AOS fee and headache is worth it in my opinion, not to mention the getting a SS # hassle.

I'll keep you posted if I find anything else.

Diana

Edited by Mononoke28

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:dance::dance::dance:

Whew,

Well the boys had their interview today. .... We had photos of me and the boys in Santa Fe Antioquia (sp) and once the interviewer saw these he passed the photos back and told my husnband to go make the arrangements with Domesa for the Visa Package. That was it.

Congratulations! :)

My Timeline:

7/27/07 VSC rcvd I-129F--8/7/07 NOA1 issued--12/12/07 NOA2 issued--12/27/07 Pkg 3 returned--2/29/08 Interview & Approval--4/1/08 POE--6/27/08 Married--6/27/08-6/5/09 Trying to figure out how to make this work--6/11/09 Submitted AOS forms--6/19/09 NOA's issued--7/21 Biometrics--7/27 Rcvd 2 of 3 Interview appt letters for 8/24--8/3 Rcvd 3rd interview appt letter for 8/28--8/5 Used infopass appt to consolidate interviews on 8/28--8/6/09 Rcvd email notification of AP & EAD approvals--8/11&12 Rcvd AP's in mail--8/14 Rcvd 1st EAD card in mail.--8/23/11 Mailed ROC Pkg.--8/24/11 NOA--10/5/11 Biometrics

My Favorite Links & Threads:

CSC & VSC K1 & K3 Recent approvals

Colombia Club Part 1 & Colombia Club Part 2

RFE List Learn from others' mistakes.

Red Flags Learn what to try to avoid or prepare to discuss and explain during interview.

HUSKERKIEV Thread Great insider tips from a former adjudicator at the Nebraska Service Center.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
So if anyone wants to get married before coming here, the CR1/IR1 visa is the way to go. Waiting less than 60 days to avoid the AOS fee and headache is worth it in my opinion, not to mention the getting a SS # hassle.

For me, I know the CR1 is hands down the best of the bunch, but all I cared about was getting my wife here quick. My attitude was the $1,000 was worth it for her to be here a month quicker. (It also let her know she was valued too. jeje)

Anyway, after I made the K3 decision I just quit reading. I was burnt out on reading about visas and doing paperwork. Now my question is: What are the SS# hassles and what are the other difficulties? Are there any surprises that I should know about? Is the AOS process really that bad?

I can 100% see how people wish they went K1. I know occasionally that bothered me seeing K1's get approved faster than K3's.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Bill,

Your advice was golden! I called NVC last night, and they assured me that a letter had been sent out informing me that our case had been forwarded to Bogota, but they had nothing to do with sending out the package 3s for K1 filers.

Today I spoke with DOS and this agent assured me that the package 3 was sent out from the embassy on Monday the 11th and that NVC has nothing to do with it. He confirmed that I received bad information yesterday, and we now know that package 3 has been mailed from the embassy, so Carina will be faxing and mailing our documents today or perhaps tomorrow.

Keep your fingers crossed that we may still have a March interview! My birthday is in March also. This would be a wonderful present.

Thanks to all for your help,

Cameron

Edited by CamyCar

07/18/2006 Committed to each other

10/21/2006 Met Carina's family in Bogota

05/10/2007 Became engaged in Medellin

08/27/2007 Sent I-129F

09/18/2007 NOA1 Received

12/18/2007 NOA2 APPROVE

12/21/2007 NOA2 Hardcopy Received

01/11/2008 NVC Received

02/07/2008 FINALLY NVC forwards to Bogota! Longest month of my life.

02/11/2008 Embassy receives our case.

03/31/2008 Our Interview!!! Did I mention this is also my birthday????

03/31/2008 We had our interview and were APPROVED!

04/03/2008 Visas delivered to us in Bogota.

04/05/2008 We leave for the States. POE Atlanta.

"Give me liberty, or give me death" Patrick Henry

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline
So if anyone wants to get married before coming here, the CR1/IR1 visa is the way to go. Waiting less than 60 days to avoid the AOS fee and headache is worth it in my opinion, not to mention the getting a SS # hassle.

For me, I know the CR1 is hands down the best of the bunch, but all I cared about was getting my wife here quick. My attitude was the $1,000 was worth it for her to be here a month quicker. (It also let her know she was valued too. jeje)

Anyway, after I made the K3 decision I just quit reading. I was burnt out on reading about visas and doing paperwork. Now my question is: What are the SS# hassles and what are the other difficulties? Are there any surprises that I should know about? Is the AOS process really that bad?

I can 100% see how people wish they went K1. I know occasionally that bothered me seeing K1's get approved faster than K3's.

Hi Agentes

I couldn't agree more with you regarding $$$ Vs. having your honey here sooner, I checked around about the different types of visas and as you said, I stopped looking around, he's here with me and we didn’t have any problem in the process, we sent the AOS papers on Feb. 01. ( I hope things will go as good as the visa process did)

I think that as longest you have proofs (writing and pics) you shouldn't have any problems, we also have a plus in our process and that is that we had been married for 3 years, this means we won't have to go through the "remove of conditions" process.

I don't regret this process one bit, and I hope they won't take it away.\

Honestly I don't think its fear that as fiancé you get to have more privileges than an already husband/wife. I wish someone can give me a logic answer on this part.

Good luck to all....... Ana & Juank

Timeline

Hi Agentes

I couldn't agree more with you regarding $$$ Vs. having your honey here sooner, I checked around about the different types of visas and as you said, I stopped looking around, he's here with me and we didn’t have any problem in the process, we sent the AOS papers on Feb. 01. ( I hope things will go as good as the visa process did)

I think that as longest you have proofs (writing and pics) you shouldn't have any problems, we also have a plus in our process and that is that we had been married for 3 years, this means we won't have to go through the "remove of conditions" process.

Honestly I don't think its fear that as fiancé you get to have more privileges than an already husband/wife. I wish someone can give me a logic answer on this part.

I am putting together my proof of on going relationship. Should I print all of my msn messenger conversations? I have been saving them since June, and it would total at more than 1,000 pages. I don't want to waste time printing so much, but if i is worthwhile, I will do it. I have phone records, money transfer records, many photos, emails, passport stamps,boarding passes, hotel receipts, engagement ring receipt,and receipts from flowers I sent. I was thinking maybe I should just print like 10 conversations form different dates. Any input is appreciated

thanks john

I am putting together my proof of on going relationship. Should I print all of my msn messenger conversations? I have been saving them since June, and it would total at more than 1,000 pages. I don't want to waste time printing so much, but if i is worthwhile, I will do it. I have phone records, money transfer records, many photos, emails, passport stamps,boarding passes, hotel receipts, engagement ring receipt,and receipts from flowers I sent. I was thinking maybe I should just print like 10 conversations form different dates. Any input is appreciated

thanks john

I would print out the history that shows the dates of the conversations but not the conversations themselves. Then print out a small cross section of complete conversations. Make sure you read the conversations you print and black out any information you prefer to keep private. 1 conversation for each month or every couple of months should be plenty. That should get the point across without killing too many trees and annoying the officer.

My Timeline:

7/27/07 VSC rcvd I-129F--8/7/07 NOA1 issued--12/12/07 NOA2 issued--12/27/07 Pkg 3 returned--2/29/08 Interview & Approval--4/1/08 POE--6/27/08 Married--6/27/08-6/5/09 Trying to figure out how to make this work--6/11/09 Submitted AOS forms--6/19/09 NOA's issued--7/21 Biometrics--7/27 Rcvd 2 of 3 Interview appt letters for 8/24--8/3 Rcvd 3rd interview appt letter for 8/28--8/5 Used infopass appt to consolidate interviews on 8/28--8/6/09 Rcvd email notification of AP & EAD approvals--8/11&12 Rcvd AP's in mail--8/14 Rcvd 1st EAD card in mail.--8/23/11 Mailed ROC Pkg.--8/24/11 NOA--10/5/11 Biometrics

Red Flags Learn what to try to avoid or prepare to discuss and explain during interview.

HUSKERKIEV Thread Great insider tips from a former adjudicator at the Nebraska Service Center.

Timeline

QUOTE, I am putting together my proof of on going relationship. Should I print all of my msn messenger conversations? I have been saving them since June, and it would total at more than 1,000 pages. I don't want to waste time printing so much, but if i is worthwhile, I will do it. I have phone records, money transfer records, many photos, emails, passport stamps,boarding passes, hotel receipts, engagement ring receipt,and receipts from flowers I sent. I was thinking maybe I should just print like 10 conversations form different dates. Any input is appreciated

I would think about NOT giving money transfer receipts. It may cause suspicion with the CO. It is fairly common for people in other countries to milk money out of someone. She/he did not have your money before, why do they need it now. You could show ones an B-day dates and Xmas for gifts. You do not want to give the CO in the emabassy any reason to ask any more questions then thry need. When we went for our interview we saw one couple that were grilled for over a half an hour with questions, they were turned down. We, had only 4 or five at the most.

March 14, 2006.....We meet, spend the next 2 weeks togeather

May 2006............ I go to see Paola for 5 days and propose marriage

Jan. 24th, 2007....I-129F sent to CSC

Feb. 2nd, 2007.....CSC receives NOA1

June 6, 2007........I-129F Approved

June 6, 2007........Cleared NVC and sent to Bogota

June 12, 2007......I receive packet 3 from our lawyer

June 14, 2007..... I send Packet 3 to Paola via FEDEX (2 day delivery)

June 25, 2007......Paola receives Packet 3 (9 days late)

July 3, 2007.........Packet 3 Fedex to Embassy in Bogota

July 5, 2007.........Packet 3 arrives at the embassy in Bogota

July 19, 2007.......Called NVC, interveiw scheduled for Aug. 17, 2007

July 31, 2007.......Paola goes to US Embassy in Bogota and gets Pkt 4 in person

Aug. 13, 2007.....Lab exam

Aug. 15, 2007.....Medical exam

Aug. 17, 2007.....INTERVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Failed cuz of a missing doc. :(

Sept. 27, 2007....Second interview date!! APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oct. 7, 2007........Paola is here in the US!!

Oct. 23, 2007......MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oct. 30, 2007......Mailed AOS docs

Nov. 27, 2007.....Recieved "Notice of Receipt" of AOS docs

Dec. 20, 2007.....Biometrics appointment

Feb. 7, 2008.......Recieve AP and permit to work

Feb. 19, 2008.....Recieve SS card

Timeline

Hi Agentes

thanks john

Hey There,

I totally agree with Buck...stay away from the money transfers. I read in the past pages somewhere that this kind of thing makes them look more closely at your case for payment arrangements, or money for citizenship all kinds of wild and crazy things. All the other stuff is great, but please stay far away from mentioning or showing money transfers.

God Bless

I-129F

October 11, 2006 Met

January 12, 2007 Went on Vacation Santa Marta Colombia

February 12, 2007 Went to Bogota to spend US Valentines togehter

March 15, 2007 Went back to Bogota more time togethter

April 13, 2007 Back to Bogota for my love

May 19, 2007 sent I-129F (Vertmont)

May 24, 2007 received NOA1

June 24, 2007 Back to Bogota for my LOOOOVE!

July 5, 2007 RFE

July 16, 2007 Received Evidence (wait 60 days)

Sept 13, 2007 Touch (told to wait...maybe 30-45 more days)

Sept 19, 2007 Touch (told 60 day window is actual working days aaaagh!)

Oct 11, 2007 Touched called USCIS for status and went to my local office (no help...still waiting)

Nov 5, 2007 Recvd notice of denial for divorce decree signature date

Nov 6 -30 2007 Met w local Senator, local Homeland Secrty Office, Touch USCIS office

Nov 30, 2007 Refiled at greater expense, and now longer delay

Dec 6, 2007 NOA1

Feb 20, 2008 NOA2 (Approved application I-129F)

Feb 25, 2008 Application Recvd by NVC (NVC forwarding application to US Embassy Bogota via DHL today)

Feb 28, 2008 application received by Embassy via DHL per NVC

Mar 3 sent fax of packet 3 to US Embassy Bogota (waiting for embassy to send packet 3 to apt in Bogota)

Mar 14 called NVC again & found our packet 3 mailed on 3/13/08 & our interview was scheduled for 4/17/08

Mar 19 received packet 3 from US Embassy

April 17, 2008 We ARE APPROVED!!!

April 22, VISA in hand

May 27, Arrive in the US

Remember God is in the blessing business, and business is always good

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I also agree, with staying away from showing any $$$ transferred to your S/O other than perhaps special ocassions. The attorney I was using told me that at one time this was viewed very negatively by the Embassy officials.

Documentation to show ongoing realionship, though seemingly so very important, was not asked for at our interview, nor several others I know that interviewed around the same time as Sandy and I. A few photo's where looked at, from my trips to Colombia, I was asked to name the people in the photo's (Sandy's relatives).

Yes it is best to be over prepared for any curve ball that may be thrown your way, but rest assured, that the best preperation is following the advise of the many here in this forum, who have had success at the Embassy recently!

Good luck to all with upcoming interviews!

STEVE & SANDY Hill

Our K1 Timeline

Met online - March 30 2007

Sent I129 - June 15 2007

Received - June 18 2007

Check Cashed - June 22 2007

Recieved NOA1 - June 25 2007

Receved NOA2 - November 20 2007 (FINALLY)

NVC received - November 26 2007

NVC mailed DHL to Bogota - November 28 2007

Package received Embassy in Bogota - December 3 2007

Faxed Packet 3 to Embassy - December 3 2007

Interview - January 18 2008 APPROVED

POE - FLL Jan 25 (Hassle free & quick)

Marriage - Feb. 19th 2008

AOS - EAD - AP Timeline

Mailed AOS, EAD & AP - March 13th 2008

Arrived at Chicago Lockbox - March 15 2008

Signature confirmation of delivery - March 16 2008

Check's cashed - March 21 2008

NOA's recieved - March 23 2008

Biometrics - April 16 2008

AP & EAD Received - May 16 2008

AOS Touches - May 14 & 18 2008

AOS card production ordered - June 12 2008

AOS welcome package sent - June 12 2008

Green Card's Recieved (Sandy & Daughter) June 20 2008

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Good morning everybody in Colombia Club, howare you today?

L have a question that maybe it has been asked already here, l am sorry if l bother.

For the l-134 is necessary to mention the savings part eventhough my husband makes sufficient income.

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Faith11.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Good morning everybody in Colombia Club, howare you today?

L have a question that maybe it has been asked already here, l am sorry if l bother.

For the l-134 is necessary to mention the savings part eventhough my husband makes sufficient income.

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Faith11.

Faith11,

If income is sufficient there is no need to disclose anything else on assets, bank accounts...ect.

Scott

K1 TIMELINE

04/31/07-Sent out I-129F

05/03/07-NOA1"priority date"

08/20/07-Received hard copy of NOA1...HOORAAY!

09/21/07-NOA2 "APPROVED"

09/26/07-NOA2 Hardcopy

10/31/07-NVC mailed I-129F to Bogota via DHL

11/09/07-Called Dept. of State and interview is set for 12/12/07

12/07/07-Yenifer and I arrive in Bogota

12/12/07-VISA "APPROVED"

12/19/07-Point Of Entry: Miami

01/23/08-Married

AOS, EAD + AP TIMELINE

02/25/08-Mailed AOS, EAD + AP

02/26/08-Packet arrived in Chicago

03/06/08-NOAs received

03/25/08-Biometrics appointment

05/05/08-EAD received

05/09/08-AP received

06/30/08-Card production ordered

07/15/08-Received card today!!!

LIFT CONDITIONS (I-751)

03/15/10-File to lift conditions

03/19/10-NOA1 I-751 receipt notice

03/26/10-NOA2 biometrics scheduled

04/22/10-Biometrics appointment

06/14/10-Card production ordered

Timeline
Thanks for your response Scott.

l feel better, we already have so many paperwork to deal with so it´s ok that we don´t have to worry about this part.

Thank you.

Thanks for the info everyone. No mention of money will be made. Margarita told me today that the people at DAS told her that her certificado judicial is only valid for 30 days pertaining to leaving the country. It says on the form that it is valid for 1 year, but says nothign about leaving the country. Her certificado judicial, registro civil, and baptism form will all be dated about 60-80 days before the interview date. Will these be accepted by the embassy? If so,does Margarita need a new certificado judicial less than 30 days from the time she leaves Colombia? Are there any documents she will need at the airport in order to leave? I know she will need the visa, her passport, and the notarized letter from Daniela's dad giving her permision to leave. Thanks

john

Thanks for the info everyone. No mention of money will be made. Margarita told me today that the people at DAS told her that her certificado judicial is only valid for 30 days pertaining to leaving the country. It says on the form that it is valid for 1 year, but says nothign about leaving the country. Her certificado judicial, registro civil, and baptism form will all be dated about 60-80 days before the interview date. Will these be accepted by the embassy? If so,does Margarita need a new certificado judicial less than 30 days from the time she leaves Colombia? Are there any documents she will need at the airport in order to leave? I know she will need the visa, her passport, and the notarized letter from Daniela's dad giving her permision to leave. Thanks

john

The father's permission leter needs to be recent for DAS to accept it at the airport as you leave the country. Read back through this thread and also the Colombia foro en espanol.

My Timeline:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.