Peter Miami

Colombia Club

4,917 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi everybody, my interview was the las 15th but i have been very busy, IT WAS APROVED, my boyfriend and me are very happy he went to the interview but he had to travel on 16th.

The consul said me:

tell me your history??? how many times your fiance have been coming?? when was the last time that he came?? when he arrived now?? when he will leave?? which was his christmass gift which was mine??; and that's all she said your visa is aproved.

The waiting between the fingerprints and the interview was the worst but finally we have our goal then it doesn't matter.

I hope the best wishes to everybody here and i'm thankfull with people of here that help us.

Bye, Mabel

05/18/07-NOA1 (CSC)

06/22/07-Touched

10/08/07-NOA2 by email and web of the USCIS

11/12/07-Packet 3 received

11/26/07-Packet 3 sent

01/15/08-Interview- Our case was approved

03/23/08-Arrived to US

04/10/08-Marriaged

AOS PROCESS

05/01/08-Forms sent

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I think similar questions have been asked before, but I could not find one that matched my exact situation.

Fernanda has her passport and visa with my last name. She has changed her name in Colombia, but she has not received a new Colombian ID card (cedula). Does anyone know if this will be a problem when she tries to leave? I thought she could just use her passport and that would be sufficient.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline
I think similar questions have been asked before, but I could not find one that matched my exact situation.

Fernanda has her passport and visa with my last name. She has changed her name in Colombia, but she has not received a new Colombian ID card (cedula). Does anyone know if this will be a problem when she tries to leave? I thought she could just use her passport and that would be sufficient.

Hi Matt.

I can't really answer that question, I would suggest you ask Fernanda to go or call "EL DAS" (Immigration in Colombia), they are the ones who will determinate if she will be able to leave the country without having the "cedula" with the same last name, I assume that as longest she carries the marriage certificate she'll be fine, but the real thing is that in Colombia the wife doesn't take the husband's last name, if you want to be 100% sure, have her call "El Das" she definitely will need a "cedula" to leave Colombia, don’t play with fire.

Good luck.... Ana (F)

Filed: Country: Colombia
Timeline

DAS does seem to have their own way of doing things, but I suspect if you go to a DAS office, you will get approval. My only suggestion is that, along with the passport (with visa), you also take along the marriage certificate. I'd also carry it when at the airport. Probably not necessary, but it's like the visa application process - it's better to have too much rather than not enough.

Charles

Timeline

I Matt y Fernanda!!!.. I did exactly the same, I changed my last name for my Husband's Lastname... I did not receive my Permanent Cedula, I just Receive a Temporal ID Called CONTRASENA, That was enough to leave the Country, I did not have any problem at the airport at all Thank to God. I guess she still keep her Old Cedula with her Single name on it... in the case she has a problem she can show them her Old ID Doesnt matter that the name Doesnt Match the most important is that the number ID will match.

God BLess You

(L) Brian and Yenys (L)

Timeline

DS-230? When sending this form in with packet 3, is it signed or not signed. The instructions say signed and the OS-169 says unsigned! Appreciate your reply.

07/18/2006 Committed to each other

10/21/2006 Met Carina's family in Bogota

05/10/2007 Became engaged in Medellin

08/27/2007 Sent I-129F

09/18/2007 NOA1 Received

12/18/2007 NOA2 APPROVE

12/21/2007 NOA2 Hardcopy Received

01/11/2008 NVC Received

02/07/2008 FINALLY NVC forwards to Bogota! Longest month of my life.

02/11/2008 Embassy receives our case.

03/31/2008 Our Interview!!! Did I mention this is also my birthday????

03/31/2008 We had our interview and were APPROVED!

04/03/2008 Visas delivered to us in Bogota.

04/05/2008 We leave for the States. POE Atlanta.

"Give me liberty, or give me death" Patrick Henry

Timeline
FERNANDA'S VISA WAS APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She said her interview only lasted about 5 minutes. The only thing they asked to see as evidence of our marrige were our wedding photos. She said it was very easy. Arrive early to get at the front of the line. Fernanda was there at 5:30 and was done by 10:30.

Congratulations! You must be extremely excited. I have been away for a few days so sorry for the delay in congratulating you. I have followed some of your conversations and I have learned much from you. Thank you for blazing the trail!

Cameron

07/18/2006 Committed to each other

10/21/2006 Met Carina's family in Bogota

05/10/2007 Became engaged in Medellin

08/27/2007 Sent I-129F

09/18/2007 NOA1 Received

12/18/2007 NOA2 APPROVE

12/21/2007 NOA2 Hardcopy Received

01/11/2008 NVC Received

02/07/2008 FINALLY NVC forwards to Bogota! Longest month of my life.

02/11/2008 Embassy receives our case.

03/31/2008 Our Interview!!! Did I mention this is also my birthday????

03/31/2008 We had our interview and were APPROVED!

04/03/2008 Visas delivered to us in Bogota.

04/05/2008 We leave for the States. POE Atlanta.

"Give me liberty, or give me death" Patrick Henry

Timeline

Thank you to everyone for your help. I will find out exactly what type of ID she has, and ask her to call DAS.

Thank you everyone for your help here. I look forward to seeing many of you in the Colombia Club AOS forum!!

CONGRATULATIONS TO EVERYONE ON YOUR APPROVALS! GOOD LUCK!

Timeline

I am so confunfused about the bank and paying the visa, the interview is wednesday. Do I pay the embassy 380 dollars for an immigrant visa and the bank 150 dollars for the nonimmigrant visa. Why do I have to pay both for a K1 visa. Some one please reply.

Timeline
I am so confunfused about the bank and paying the visa, the interview is wednesday. Do I pay the embassy 380 dollars for an immigrant visa and the bank 150 dollars for the nonimmigrant visa. Why do I have to pay both for a K1 visa. Some one please reply.

The K-1 visa is a non immigrant visa and you only have to pay $131.00 USD at the bank. (Banco de Credito)

I highly suggest you read this thread from the beginning and you will learn all you need to know and all your questions will be answered.... :thumbs:

(L) BRIAN AND YENYS (L)

Timeline
Are they mailing the approved 129f visas now from Bogota or can the ladies still pick them up the next day?

It used to be that the beneficiary could personaly go to the Embassy 2 days after the visa had been granted to pick up the visa package. Now DOMESA is the Embassy chosen delivery service for visa packages and there is a kiosk in the Embassy that the CO will send you where you will make arraingements for delivery. You can have it delivered anywhere in Colombia including Bogota. We had it delivered to the place that we were staying in Bogota...it arrived in the morning on the 4th business day. (buisiness days = Monday thru Friday...not including holidays) Scott and Yenifer posted this reply

Edited by Brian and Yenys

Timeline

quick question guys,

i just found the thread that the ds 156 should be filled out in spanish

but i the site that produces it allows me to fill out in spanish and as i choose to print it prints in english.

i guess my question is where and how can i fill it out in spanish.

thanks for your help.

emily has her interview on the 28th by the way.

torre

October 2006: met , ended up spending almost 3 unplanned months in Colombia

June 2007: returned , spent just over 1 month

June 28, 2007: sent I-129F

July 5, 2007: NOA1 approved

November 8, 2007: NOA2 approved

November 14, 2007: received harcopy of NOA2

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Congrats on all the recent approvals!!! This club has sure grown!! Glad to see the turnout. To the few that remember, and to everyone else too....Wendy's AOS interview is on Wednesday. Send us some good vibes please. ;)

K1

1/22/07: I-129F sent to CSC

1/23/07: I-129F packet received and signed for at 9:45A.M.!!

1/29/07: NOA1

4/27/07: NOA2

5/01/07: NOA2 Hardcopy received

5/10/07: Approval arrives at NVC

5/14/07: Leaves NVC

5/17/07: Arrives at Bogota, Colombia

5/18/07: Packet 3 faxed to Embassy

5/22/07: Packet 3 sent via courier

5/30/07: Wendy receives packet 3 (Good thing we used the shortcut)

6/04/07: Packet 4 received

7/03/07: Medical appt. scheduled

7/05/07: Interview!!!! VISA APPROVED!!!!!!!

7/09/07: Visa in hand!!!

7/11/07: Point of Entry at LAX, complete success!!!!!!!!!!

7/24/07: Married!!!

AOS & EAD

07/27/07: Filed for AOS & EAD

08/02/07: Arrives at Chicago

09/10/07: NOA1

09/11/07: Social Security card in hand

10/12/07: Biometrics appointment

10/25/07: EAD Approved

01/23/08: Interview = APPROVED

02/02/08: Green Card received...10 day turn around, not bad!!!

Removing Conditions

11/12/09: Mailed to CSC!

11/13/09: Arrives at CSC!

11/16/09: NOA1

11/18/09: Check Cashed!

12/14/09: Biometrics

01/07/10: Card Production Ordered (APPROVED)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Congrats on all the recent approvals!!! This club has sure grown!! Glad to see the turnout. To the few that remember, and to everyone else too....Wendy's AOS interview is on Wednesday. Send us some good vibes please. ;)

:thumbs::thumbs:"BEST OF LUCK LUIS & WENDY ON YOUR AOS" :thumbs::thumbs:

I have faith that your outcome will be GREAT!!!! You've always been very well prepared.... :thumbs:

Scott

K1 TIMELINE

04/31/07-Sent out I-129F

05/03/07-NOA1"priority date"

08/20/07-Received hard copy of NOA1...HOORAAY!

09/21/07-NOA2 "APPROVED"

09/26/07-NOA2 Hardcopy

10/31/07-NVC mailed I-129F to Bogota via DHL

11/09/07-Called Dept. of State and interview is set for 12/12/07

12/07/07-Yenifer and I arrive in Bogota

12/12/07-VISA "APPROVED"

12/19/07-Point Of Entry: Miami

01/23/08-Married

AOS, EAD + AP TIMELINE

02/25/08-Mailed AOS, EAD + AP

02/26/08-Packet arrived in Chicago

03/06/08-NOAs received

03/25/08-Biometrics appointment

05/05/08-EAD received

05/09/08-AP received

06/30/08-Card production ordered

07/15/08-Received card today!!!

LIFT CONDITIONS (I-751)

03/15/10-File to lift conditions

03/19/10-NOA1 I-751 receipt notice

03/26/10-NOA2 biometrics scheduled

04/22/10-Biometrics appointment

06/14/10-Card production ordered

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.