Peter Miami

Colombia Club

4,917 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
We are still waiting for an interview appointment. Our package 3 response was received by the embassy on Dec 28. Did anyone who sent in their response at about the same time or later receive an appointment yet?

Thanks!

I sent my pack 3 in dec 27th. I have my appointment in feb 4. My fiance called to DOS. But I have not got my pack 4.

Hmmmm. That is the same day I sent our response. How long have you known about the appointment? Ours is still not scheduled. I call DOS once or twice each day.

Ups! that is weird, my fiance called to DOS in jan 8, That day we knew about our appoiment day. After 12 days.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are still waiting for an interview appointment. Our package 3 response was received by the embassy on Dec 28. Did anyone who sent in their response at about the same time or later receive an appointment yet?

Thanks!

I sent my pack 3 in dec 27th. I have my appointment in feb 4. My fiance called to DOS. But I have not got my pack 4.

Hmmmm. That is the same day I sent our response. How long have you known about the appointment? Ours is still not scheduled. I call DOS once or twice each day.

Ups! that is weird, my fiance called to DOS in jan 8, That day we knew about our appoiment day. After 12 days.

Thanks for the information. Hopefully there is no problem and we will have our appointment soon.

It looks like you might have waited to receive package 3 from the embassy before you requested the interview. I sent in our request as soon as I knew our packge had been received by the embassy. I hope they did not change the package and we are missing a document.

We sent Part 1 of the DS-230 (signed), the OF-169, ID page of Bella's passport and a cover letter. All were in English. Did I miss something?

My Timeline:

7/27/07 VSC rcvd I-129F--8/7/07 NOA1 issued--12/12/07 NOA2 issued--12/27/07 Pkg 3 returned--2/29/08 Interview & Approval--4/1/08 POE--6/27/08 Married--6/27/08-6/5/09 Trying to figure out how to make this work--6/11/09 Submitted AOS forms--6/19/09 NOA's issued--7/21 Biometrics--7/27 Rcvd 2 of 3 Interview appt letters for 8/24--8/3 Rcvd 3rd interview appt letter for 8/28--8/5 Used infopass appt to consolidate interviews on 8/28--8/6/09 Rcvd email notification of AP & EAD approvals--8/11&12 Rcvd AP's in mail--8/14 Rcvd 1st EAD card in mail.--8/23/11 Mailed ROC Pkg.--8/24/11 NOA--10/5/11 Biometrics

My Favorite Links & Threads:

CSC & VSC K1 & K3 Recent approvals

Colombia Club Part 1 & Colombia Club Part 2

RFE List Learn from others' mistakes.

Red Flags Learn what to try to avoid or prepare to discuss and explain during interview.

HUSKERKIEV Thread Great insider tips from a former adjudicator at the Nebraska Service Center.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

FERNANDA'S VISA WAS APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She said her interview only lasted about 5 minutes. The only thing they asked to see as evidence of our marrige were our wedding photos. She said it was very easy. Arrive early to get at the front of the line. Fernanda was there at 5:30 and was done by 10:30.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

She said her interview only lasted about 5 minutes. The only thing they asked to see as evidence of our marrige were our wedding photos. She said it was very easy. Arrive early to get at the front of the line. Fernanda was there at 5:30 and was done by 10:30.

Congratulations Matt,

I fell your happiness, my husband went today and got approved too, he got there very early but he told me that it took forever for him to be called, and they did ask lots of questions, we had been married for almost 3 years already, so I think it all depends on the agent who does the interview, they didn't ask him for any proofs or anything else, just questions.

I'm almost ready for the new journey with the AOS, I just hope it goes smoth and painless.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

:dance::dance::dance: WOW!!! Congrats to all of you! Soooo...what are everyones plans for POE!?!?!

Im soo glad you guys got approved! All your hard work has paid off! On to AOS! Good Luck! :dance::dance::dance:

10/17/07...Lawyer sent overnight to USCIS...
07/17/08...VISA RECEIVED!
POE LAX 07/25/2008
Civil wedding...8/1/08

AOS
08/25/08...NOA1
09/23/08...Biometrics
11/10/08...EAD and AP approved!
12/27/08...Appointment letter received
02/20/09...Appointment at local Santa Ana office
02/28/09...GREEN CARD RECEIVED!!!

REMOVE CONDITIONS
12/01/2010...Mailed I-751 for removal of conditions.
12/02/2010...NOA1
01/19/2011...Biometrics
03/10/2011...Card Production ordered!! Approval 10 Year Green Card!
**/**/****....card received

Naturalization Process

05/04/2013 application submitted

05/25/2013 biometrics done

06/25/2013 Noa received

07/29/2013 Naturalization Interview

08/21/2013 Oath Ceremony

Son was born 08/30/2013

.png

Timeline

Congrats on your approvals!

The way that I read it, does that mean that you (snoopy or Matt y Fernanda) didn't go to the interview?

Could your spouse say how many people were there that where not with a husband/wife?

For the past year I have been thinking that I would meet my wife in Bogota and go to the interview together. Afterwards we would return to California. Now with the recent Visa/Domesa delivery change I am not sure what to do. I want to go to the interview and I want to enter the US with her, but it is sooo possible that I can not do both because of time restraints.

Right now, I am thinking that maybe it might be better to let her go to Bogota and then if she is approved I would fly to her city and come back with her when she receives the visa.

If I had one choice I would prefer to enter the US with her, but I am not sure if it would be wiser to choose the interview. I know for a K1 it helps to have the spouse at the interview, but does anyone think it would make a difference for a K3?

Thanks!

Timeline
hello everyone...congratulations to everyone who has been approved or has made it to the next step in this long process!!! I am posting because we have our interview on the 14th and maybe can give some information that could help others out who are in the same or similar place as my fiance and i...if you plan on going to the lab exam with your boy/girl friend bring a book an ipod or something that can keep you occuppied for more than an hour...you will not be allowed to enter the waiting room with him/her and therefore have to wait outside for who knows how long...we got there at around 730 am and i have to wait a good two hours outside...also bring a jacket!! Again if you plan to go to the phsical appointment with him/her you will be allowed in the waiting room which is nice..haha...you both could be in for another long wait...just so everyone knows...lets see what else can i offer for advice...know that the day after you have your physical you will have to return to that doctors office to pick up the results from both the physical and the xray blood test...that is all i can offer for advice for the time being i think...i will make sure to post what happens at the interview as soon as possible...hope this helps some of you who are so eagerly awaiting the next step!! Also, if you are looking for a place to stay in bogota as posted earlier-www.bogotacolombialodging.com is a wonderful site...i am staying in a guest house for 20 dollars a night the room is clean and perfect for a quick few days in bogota..there is free internet and free calls to the us and hot water!!! It is close to the airport and to the docters and embassy...we went to doctor gonzalez and it was less than a 10.000 cab ride from the hotel..i didnt think that was too bad...let me know if there is anything else at all that i can help you with or answer for you...good luck to everyone!!!!

Erika, Good luck on Monday! We are arriving on Sunday to the same apartments, our interview is on Friday! We are nervous, after such along wait Good luck to all of us as I know there are several interviews coming up this week!

:thumbs:GOOD LUCK STEVE AND SANDY !!!!! :thumbs:

Timeline

The way that I read it, does that mean that you (snoopy or Matt y Fernanda) didn't go to the interview?

Could your spouse say how many people were there that where not with a husband/wife?

For the past year I have been thinking that I would meet my wife in Bogota and go to the interview together. Afterwards we would return to California. Now with the recent Visa/Domesa delivery change I am not sure what to do. I want to go to the interview and I want to enter the US with her, but it is sooo possible that I can not do both because of time restraints.

Right now, I am thinking that maybe it might be better to let her go to Bogota and then if she is approved I would fly to her city and come back with her when she receives the visa.

If I had one choice I would prefer to enter the US with her, but I am not sure if it would be wiser to choose the interview. I know for a K1 it helps to have the spouse at the interview, but does anyone think it would make a difference for a K3?

Thanks!

I WAS THERE FOR MY WIFES K-3 INTERVIEW AND NEVER WAS ASKED A SINGLE QUESTION...(lucky) i HAVE BEEN TOLD IT DEPENDS ON YOUR PAPERWORK AND CIRCUMSTANCES OF HER BACKGROUND AND YOURS ALSO... THIS IS WHY THERE ARE 5 MINUTE INTERVIEWS AND LONG ONES, SOME UP TO 50 MINUTES....

GOOD LUCK :thumbs:

Timeline

Congratulations Matt,

I fell your happiness, my husband went today and got approved too, he got there very early but he told me that it took forever for him to be called, and they did ask lots of questions, we had been married for almost 3 years already, so I think it all depends on the agent who does the interview, they didn't ask him for any proofs or anything else, just questions.

I'm almost ready for the new journey with the AOS, I just hope it goes smoth and painless.

WOW 3 years? Congratulations, it sounds like this has been a long time in waiting. I can not believe it has taken this long for you. Fernanda and I have been married for 9 months.

Did you husband say how long the interview lasted? They seemed to have asked Fernanda fairly basic questions. How we met, where we met, how many times we saw one another prior to being married, etic.

Timeline

Thanks!

No I couldn't go because I'm currently in Iraq. If I had the chance I would have though. It is horrible waiting to find out the result of the interview. I can not tell you yet how long it will take for Fernanda to get her visa, but I will let you know. She is waiting in Bogota for it to be delivered. I have heard other people say it only takes about 3-4 days. If you can go there for a week you should make the trip. If nothing else to be there for her. As far as if it helps for you to be at the interview I can't really say. They asked Fernanda why I was not there, and she explained that I was deployed. So we have a different situation than most people.

Let me know if I can be of any more help.

Timeline
:dance::dance::dance: WOW!!! Congrats to all of you! Soooo...what are everyones plans for POE!?!?!

Im soo glad you guys got approved! All your hard work has paid off! On to AOS! Good Luck! :dance::dance::dance:

Thank you! Fernanda's POE will be Miami.

Good luck to you! :thumbs:

Congratulations to everyone who had their visa approved today. That is great news. :)

We are still waiting for our interview appointment. The embassy has had our package 3 response since Dec 28. I am beginning to worry a little bit. :blink:

My Timeline:

7/27/07 VSC rcvd I-129F--8/7/07 NOA1 issued--12/12/07 NOA2 issued--12/27/07 Pkg 3 returned--2/29/08 Interview & Approval--4/1/08 POE--6/27/08 Married--6/27/08-6/5/09 Trying to figure out how to make this work--6/11/09 Submitted AOS forms--6/19/09 NOA's issued--7/21 Biometrics--7/27 Rcvd 2 of 3 Interview appt letters for 8/24--8/3 Rcvd 3rd interview appt letter for 8/28--8/5 Used infopass appt to consolidate interviews on 8/28--8/6/09 Rcvd email notification of AP & EAD approvals--8/11&12 Rcvd AP's in mail--8/14 Rcvd 1st EAD card in mail.--8/23/11 Mailed ROC Pkg.--8/24/11 NOA--10/5/11 Biometrics

My Favorite Links & Threads:

CSC & VSC K1 & K3 Recent approvals

Colombia Club Part 1 & Colombia Club Part 2

RFE List Learn from others' mistakes.

Red Flags Learn what to try to avoid or prepare to discuss and explain during interview.

HUSKERKIEV Thread Great insider tips from a former adjudicator at the Nebraska Service Center.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

WOW 3 years? Congratulations, it sounds like this has been a long time in waiting. I can not believe it has taken this long for you. Fernanda and I have been married for 9 months.

I was born in Colombia and just last year became a U.S citizen, that's why I had to wait to have the right time for the petition, and yes, I had been a long wait, but I managed to visit him every year, he tried to get a tourist visa 6 times and got denied, we just wanted to share trips and find a way to see each other twice a year but it was impossible.

Did you husband say how long the interview lasted? They seemed to have asked Fernanda fairly basic questions. How we met, where we met, how many times we saw one another prior to being married, etic.

He told me it lasted no more than 5 minutes, the agent asked him for how long we had been married, if he was married before, if I was married before, if he has any kids, if he has family here in the U.S besides me, The agent was a very nice and polite lady.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.