BokkieandGuapo

South African Experience

4 posts in this topic

Howzit Guys,

First of all I would like to thank all of you for your support going through this Journey. It is great having support from people who are in similiar situations. I would just like to put my experience forward so that others may know what to expect.

First Make sure there are double copies of every form you file, one for petitioner, one for benificiary and one for the state department.(I may be teaching granny to suck eggs, but this is what we did)

Get a flip file and put every thing in order when first filing I-129 F

We put in Colour photocopies of Photographs 15 to be exact put a couple on an A4 page.

Three or four e-mails declaring our love for each other

e-mails from friends describing our relationship (I had a freind of Julies' email me her ring size to get the correct size.

Travel itinerary we had both of ours itinerarys attached.

Copies of passports and entry and exit stamps

B-1/B-2 visa page if applicable

Label each page so that it is easy to flip to the appropriate page

We felt that doing this helped in expediting our NOA2

As soon as filing of I-129F Get Birth certificates and the like. wait for NOA2 to apply for police clearance or at least after it has been touched twice.

The consulate emails packet 3 out, when you have done all your tasks on the Checklist sign the DS230 and scan and email both the checklist and DS230.

After two days phone the Joburg Consulate and get acknowledgement of reciept. In the email heading put ben and pet names and case number.

After 7 days phone and request interview date. I got my date the same day after phoning.

I will post more once I have gone for the interview.

Lekker Dudes

Edited by BokkieandGuapo

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Lesotho
Timeline

Goodluck!

30/07/09: Mailed signed G325A to Fiance
26/08/09: Mailed I-129F package to USCIS
03/09/09: Package Received
04/09/09: NOA1
14/09/09: NOA1 Hardcopy
25/11/09: NOA2
04/12/09: Case mailed from NVC to Embassy
07/12/09: Embassy mailed Packet 3
06/01/10: Still havent received Packet 3 in the mail
07/01/10: Emailed the embassy and discovered the adress on record is incorrect; Packet 3 was emailed to me as a PDF attachment
22/02/10: Emailed my checklist and DS-230
18/03/10: Medicals
23/03/10: Interview: Approved
25/03/10: Picking up passport
21/09/10: POE NY

01/12/10: Married
07/02/11: Sent out AOS Package
09/02/11: Package received
11/02/11: NOA1 (I-765, I-485, I-131)
11/04/11: Received EAD and AP Card

N-400

11/15/16: Mailed

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Best of luck ... :star:

PS: Are you bokkie?

OUR JOURNEY SO FAR: (dd/mm/yyyy)

18/09/09 - CR1 NOA1

16/07/10 - POE LAX (256 days NOA1 to interview)

27/09/10 - Aussie/American bun in the oven due May 10, 2011

06/01/11 - Submitted change of address online to USCIS. Mailed I-865 for sponsor. Neverending!

05/05/11 - Bouncing baby boy arrives

10/07/12 - Sent I-751

13/07/12 - I-751 NOA1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.