dswann

Trying to locate Vet for Cat in Kirovograd So cat can fly here?

29 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

Sometimes I don't understand the questions here. Wouldn't your fiancee be in a way better position to deal with pet stuff in Ukraine than you would? Why would you even try to find a vet in Ukraine from America when your fiancee can use the internet or a phone book?

Первый блин комом.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Some people just exist without a sense of independence and don't know how to think as a result. My wife is a perfect example. She good at what she's been taught to do, and she's good at doing what she's told to do. But to ask her to take charge of her own life, to see opportunity, to think about a situation, to plan an action, to move forward of her own volition -- it's an uphill battle... She's been learning since, coming to the United States, that her life is going to suck if she doesn't step up, and that I'm not going to order her around like her brother, or coddle her like her mother. But it's slow progress. For her whole life in Russia, she'd lived without opportunities or an ethic telling her to take advantage of them, she'd been both protected by and subservient to her family, ... abused in a way.

Perhaps the OP finds himself in a similar position.

Timeline

Even so, it seems counterintuitive and counterproductive to have a non-native speaker in America take care of finding a vet in Ukraine.

These women survived before they met all of you. I don't think they're as helpless as some seem to think. ;) Plus, if they're that helpless in their native land, what are they going to be like in America, with a language barrier and a new culture?

Первый блин комом.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Even so, it seems counterintuitive and counterproductive to have a non-native speaker in America take care of finding a vet in Ukraine.

These women survived before they met all of you. I don't think they're as helpless as some seem to think. ;) Plus, if they're that helpless in their native land, what are they going to be like in America, with a language barrier and a new culture?

I may just be off base, but I really didn;t take the question to mean he was looking for the phone number or location of a vet's office. My answer, which he seemed to appreciate, didn't mention the name of any doctors or their phone numbers. I guess I took it to mean that he was asking what they had to do to get the animals here. I answered that and the OP seemed satisfied, so I take it that is what he meant. I could be wrong, but it is very rare for me to be wrong. :P But since no one gave him eht name address and phone of a vet in Ukraine and he seems satisfied, I will give ou odds I am right.

I suspect his fiancee is perfectly capable of finding a vet and even carrying the cat there, but wasn;t sure what she needed to leave Ukraine or enter the USA. Alla din;t know that either, even though she is fully capable and did quite well before I came along (but is much better now that I am with her) :D

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

I am trying to locate a vet for cat to get required shots for travel to USA. If anyone has done this i know Lyiv has done this from Atlanta. Any help of numbers in Kiev as to the steps amd what to do would be great!!!!!!

David

To me, this says he was trying to locate a vet. The OP could just not be a very clear writer, though.

Первый блин комом.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Gary,

I was trying to help Anna for sure with my post. Her Grandmother is dying and she is moving and preparing to come here since we got our NOA2 today. The cat is a new addition and just trying to help and minize the steps. I was thinking anything I could do to do i would try to do. Thanks Gary for your reply. You and your wife are a huge help to many here.

Best Regards

David Swann

David Lee Swann

aka doc

Vermont

Sent -03/01/2010

Got -03/04/2010

Touched 03/09/2010

Noa 03/10/2010

NOA2 05/20/2010

Left NVC 05/25/2010

Timeline

To me, this says he was trying to locate a vet. The OP could just not be a very clear writer, though.

Well I guess I read between the lines. I think the OP will forgive me. I am not a good source for the names and phone numbers of vets in Ukraine

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

My Fiancee's home town is Kirovograd, I can ask her to ask her family there, maybe they can give some good places to go, Kirovograd isnt a big place.

US Citizen as of 4-24-17

While I definitely understand where you're coming from, eekee, it seems Gary and shikarnov have cleared it up. There are certain parts of the VJ process that beneficiaries are incapable of handling themselves.

I can confirm your suspicions too - they will be just as helpless when they get here. However, as shikarnov has also pointed out - given a long enough timeline - they will start to figure out how to get things done for themselves.

Yes, it's a long process. It is frustrating, counterintuitive, counterproductive, etc., but it's all a part of the VJ process for many of us.

That being said, the very Russian part of all this is if you have a sick pet down the road, you may not have to worry about several hundred dollars in fees.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

While I definitely understand where you're coming from, eekee, it seems Gary and shikarnov have cleared it up. There are certain parts of the VJ process that beneficiaries are incapable of handling themselves.

I can confirm your suspicions too - they will be just as helpless when they get here. However, as shikarnov has also pointed out - given a long enough timeline - they will start to figure out how to get things done for themselves.

Yes, it's a long process. It is frustrating, counterintuitive, counterproductive, etc., but it's all a part of the VJ process for many of us.

That being said, the very Russian part of all this is if you have a sick pet down the road, you may not have to worry about several hundred dollars in fees.

Eekee proves the following...you can take the woman out of America, but you can't take America out of the woman. The "independent woman" concept does not necessarily extend to other countries and cultures. And I'm not complaining.

Timeline

Eekee proves the following...you can take the woman out of America, but you can't take America out of the woman. The "independent woman" concept does not necessarily extend to other countries and cultures. And I'm not complaining.

Me neither. BTW Alla took care of all the animal preparations, except for checking what she need to enter the US. I find that most FSU women are remarkably capable of being self-sufficient but when they "have a man" they prefer to allow the man to do man things.

They like to be women if they can, when they can and enjoy a man that enjoys a woman being a woman. I do.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

My Fiancee's home town is Kirovograd, I can ask her to ask her family there, maybe they can give some good places to go, Kirovograd isnt a big place.

Cool Thanks!!

David

David Lee Swann

aka doc

Vermont

Sent -03/01/2010

Got -03/04/2010

Touched 03/09/2010

Noa 03/10/2010

NOA2 05/20/2010

Left NVC 05/25/2010

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Cool Thanks!!

David

I asked her, and she said she knew a good one, but she knows how to get there only by memory and not by street names, but she said that she can probably ask in the shops where she buys the pet food for the cat

sorry I couldnt help more, we spoke about it this weekend, but I forgot to post her answer

Edited by captainofiron

US Citizen as of 4-24-17

Timeline

I asked her, and she said she knew a good one, but she knows how to get there only by memory and not by street names, but she said that she can probably ask in the shops where she buys the pet food for the cat

sorry I couldnt help more, we spoke about it this weekend, but I forgot to post her answer

Not a problem, Thanks for the effort. I feel Anna will obtain this during the upcoming week. Our Appoved k-1 from USCIS and NVC has arrived in Kiev. So now just wanting for her date at embassy.

David

David Lee Swann

aka doc

Vermont

Sent -03/01/2010

Got -03/04/2010

Touched 03/09/2010

Noa 03/10/2010

NOA2 05/20/2010

Left NVC 05/25/2010

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.