rosco_qa

Interview Support Documents -- Phone Call History (Bangladesh)

9 posts in this topic

I went to my native land BANGLADESH in January 2009 and I met a beautiful girl next door to my house. I was there for 11 days that time. Then I came back to US and started talking to her on the phone for few months & decided to marry her. Since I had no more vacation days left for year 2009 from my work, we got married over the phone in the presence of a marriage registrar & few family member's from both sides as witness. I decide to marry over the phone because I knew the immigration paper work will take a while & I didn't want to waste any more time. So we got lawfully married. Then I went back to meet my wife January 2010 for 10 days. Now our immigration case is at NVC and we expect to get an interview within 2 months. I am just wondering what kind of questions they might ask my wife during her interview? I do have the financial freedom to support her i have already sent all the paper work to NVC. Is there anything we can do to prepare our self for the interview? I will be there with my wife during the interview. Any feedback will be extremely appreciated. Documents I am planning to take with me during the interview :

1) Wedding Pics (ONLY 20)

2) Joint Tax Return Form (year 2009)

3) Western Union Money Transfer Receipt ( past 6 months)

4) Receipt of Gifts I sent my wife ( VIA ONLINE)

I have managed to get Land Line Call History for past 4 months but we are unable to get call history for my wife's cell phone. She uses Grameen Phone (Pre paid) service. Can anyone please be kind to tell me how can I get it? The land line was issued on February 2009 therefore we do not have a lot of call history to provide. Anything else I can bring with me during my wife's interview

as proof of our relation ? I will be with her in person during her interview as well.

Many Thanks.

Edited by rosco_qa

I really think you are over-doing it, brother. Seriously, you have your certified marriage contract. There's no fakery in that, you have all sorts of other documents including call log. You'll be fine.

Why don't you create/update your timeline. This will help us make the VJ predictor more accurate. If you find time, do it. Thanks.

Edited by IndigoSkies

N400 CITIZENSHIP STAGE

23-DEC-2016 -:- N400 form mailed to Dallas, TX Lockbox (USPS EXPRESS)

27-DEC-2016 -:- N400 form delivered/picked up by USCIS

01-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form fee check cashed by USCIS

04-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form received per NOA1

09-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form NOA1 notice date

14-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form NOA1 on hand through USPS

30-JAN-2017 -:- N400 fingerprint taken

01-FEB-2017 -:- N400 interview schedule process started

26-JUL-2017 -:- N400 interview date set (01SEP2017)

29-JUL-2017 -:- N400 interview letter on hand

01-SEP-2017 -:- N400 interview date - Interview passed

10-OCT-2017-:- N400 oath ceremony letter on hand (oath on 26OCT2017)

I really think you are over-doing it, brother. Seriously, you have your certified marriage contract. There's no fakery in that, you have all sorts of other documents including call log. You'll be fine.

Why don't you create/update your timeline. This will help us make the VJ predictor more accurate. If you find time, do it. Thanks.

Thanks for the quick reply. I hope things will go my way during the interview. reading all the VJ logs I leaned that most people get caught up or are put on AP due to bad AOS/less income. There is no way they can put my wife on AP caz of my income. I have sent all the necessary paperwork to NVC already incuding a employment letter ( I work for http://online.wsj.com/home-page as a Software Engineer), A bank statement letter reflecting my current checking ACC balance (Over $70,000) & pay stub of past 6 weeks. I will also carry the most recent ones when I go to Bangladesh for interview. I am just pushing the panik button too much caz I got married over the phone. I know it sounds silly but that was the best think I could have done since I had no more vacations left for year 2009. That is why I am just asking all fellow Bangladeshi applicants for advise. I just don't want to come back home without my wife

Many Thanks

Edited by rosco_qa

You didn’t need to advertise your account balance. Haha. But yeah, you’re all set. Don’t worry about the phone wedding. It’s a legitimate way of getting married and it happens often in Bangladesh. And people successfully immigrate on that. The consulate officers aren’t oblivious to Bangladeshi culture and way of life. And even if they are, there are Bangladeshi workers in the consulate/embassy. Plus you’re going with you wife to the interview. That’s make it even more awesome.

I don’t plan to even do that. My lovely wife will go to the interview alone. I know many people who went to the interview on their own and immigrate successfully.

Relax. Everything will go well, InshaAllah. By the way, where are you in State-side?

N400 CITIZENSHIP STAGE

You didnt need to advertise your account balance. Haha. But yeah, youre all set. Dont worry about the phone wedding. Its a legitimate way of getting married and it happens often in Bangladesh. And people successfully immigrate on that. The consulate officers arent oblivious to Bangladeshi culture and way of life. And even if they are, there are Bangladeshi workers in the consulate/embassy. Plus youre going with you wife to the interview. Thats make it even more awesome.

I dont plan to even do that. My lovely wife will go to the interview alone. I know many people who went to the interview on their own and immigrate successfully.

Relax. Everything will go well, InshaAllah. By the way, where are you in State-side?

Big Apple

So you are not sure about the question I asked regarding cell phone call history ? Or even sms history ? There will be atleast 500 SMS a month between me & my wife. I wish I can somehow get a history of it & show it to the CO.

Edited by rosco_qa

What cellphone company do you have in US? I'm sure you can log into your account on the way and get a record of all the sms exchanged between your phone and hers. I have t-mobile, I can log in and print the list any time. Let me know your phone company and I'll try to do some searching for you.

N400 CITIZENSHIP STAGE

https://services.grameenphone.com/websms/index.php

Go there and have your wife register for online account management of her phone. Should be able to get history there.

N400 CITIZENSHIP STAGE

What cellphone company do you have in US? I'm sure you can log into your account on the way and get a record of all the sms exchanged between your phone and hers. I have t-mobile, I can log in and print the list any time. Let me know your phone company and I'll try to do some searching for you.

I use Metro PCS http://www.metropcs.com. From my online account I have no option of getting my Call history or sms history. Not sure if there are any other ways I can get it.

https://services.grameenphone.com/websms/index.php

Go there and have your wife register for online account management of her phone. Should be able to get history there.

My wife just sent me the password & I am able to login into her phone account. But, it's all in vain, GP do no support Web Based Internation SMS at this moment and there are no previous history or calls/sms. Also, it allows you to get sms via web ONLY to GP subscribers ONLY.

Thanks.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.