Dakine

DS 160 Requirement

17 posts in this topic

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3024.html

USEM will require nom immigrant visa applicants to use the online DS 160 STARTING May 24, 2010 Philippine time.

There no doubt will be LOTS of confusion coming up.

Edited by Dakine

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

I'm sure. :lol:

K1 Visa
Sept.2009 Sent Petition
Oct.2009 Petition Approved
Nov.2009 Visa Recieved
-------------------------
AOS
Feb. 2010 Sent AOS
Mar. 2010 Biometrics
May 2010 Interview
Jun 2010 GC Recieved
-------------------------
Removing of Condition:
Mar.19,2012---------ROC sent
Mar.20,2012---------VSC received signed by D. Renaud
Mar.23,2012---------Check encashed
Mar.24,2012---------NOA1
Apr.19,2012----------Biometrics (Early Bio 4/11/2012)
May 2012 ------------Biometrics redo

Nov.30,2012---------RFE (fingerprint can't read needs to submit police clearance)

May 2013-------------Received Permanent Residence Card

00bor6fe477d3.png

http://manila.usemba...v/wwwh3024.html

USEM will require nom immigrant visa applicants to use the online DS 160 STARTING May 24, 2010 Philippine time.

Yeah I made a post with the link for the new online form.

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Well under the FAQs within this DS 160 post I found this

13. When I apply for a nonimmigrant visa using the online DS-160, are additional forms required?

No, with two exceptions. When applying at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate that is using the new DS-160, Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application, you will use only one (1) form. For Embassies and Consulates that have converted to this new process, the DS-160 has replaced all of the following forms: DS-156, DS-157, DS-158, and DS-3032, which are no longer necessary.NOTE: The exceptions are Fiancee Visas (K-1/2) which still require use of the forms DS-156 and DS-156K, and the Treaty Trader/Treaty Investor visa application, which is explained in #14 below.

Therefore DS-156 and DS-156K are still needed for K-1's.

Edited by Popcorn3210

04/02/2010 I-129f Sent

04/06/2010 I-129f Received

04/07/2010 NOA1

04/09/2010 Touched and check cashed

06/14/2010 Touched!!

06/14/2010 I-129f Approved!!

09/1/2010 Interview Approved!!

UNTIL THINGS GET STRAIGHGTENED OUT I'D TAKE THE DS 160S [2?], DS 156S [2], DS 157 AND THE DS 156K [K1] FILLED OUT FORMS TO THE INTERVIEW WITH YOU.

Better to be covered.

You do use the DS 160 to pay the $131 at the bank.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: Timeline

This is really bad. My fiancée has already paid and has her interview tomorrow. She was just sent an email saying she must have the DS-160 and photo with her or she will not be interviewed. This is the very first we have heard of a DS-160. Is she supposed to pay for this as well?

She is panicking, I'm not much better :(

This is really bad. My fiancée has already paid and has her interview tomorrow. She was just sent an email saying she must have the DS-160 and photo with her or she will not be interviewed. This is the very first we have heard of a DS-160. Is she supposed to pay for this as well?

If she paid the bank and received 2 blue receipts [P131] take them also, . Have her fill out the DS 160 also and take it. 2 copies I GUESS.

NO doubt there is going to be confusion while changi,g over.

If she got a DS 157 from the bank when she paid have her take that also. Take two copies.

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: Timeline

My smarter half just realized the email came from rds_builder@teletech.com not from the embassy. there is a discussion about it here in the forums, but it is in tagalog, and I don't read it much. But the email is looking pretty shady.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/172569-appointment-confirmation-email/

Timeline

Try to read this link.....Q: Will the DS-160 be required for K-1 Visa Applicants and K-2 Visa Applicants?

Should DS-160 forms be submitted in addition to the forms typically required for K1/K2 Applicants?

A: Technically K1/K2 visas fall under immigrant visas. Since the DS-160 only applies to non-immigrant visas, then the DS-160 is not required for K1/K2 visa applicants

keep on truck'in

GOD BLESS!!!!!!!!!!

"Patience is the greatest of all virtues"

Frequently Asked Questions for the Online DS-160 Nonimmigrant Visa Electronic Application- PLS. CLICK BELOW...

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/forms/forms_4401.html

N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

as what ive read, effective on may 24 DS-160 is the right form for the K1-k2 instedad of DS-157( DS-156 and DS-156k )is the req; for the K1 visa

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I don't usually post here but confusion on this issue seems to be spreading like wildfire. The following is a telegram sent to all embassies from the State Department, I think it makes things pretty clear:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/laws/telegram...grams_4601.html

Summary. As another step in our ongoing modernization of the visa application process, CA will deploy the DS-160 fully web-based nonimmigrant visa (NIV) application form worldwide. The DS-160 has been used with great success at 24 posts so far and will be expanded in phases with the goal of complete global usage for all NIVS except K’s by April 30, 2010. The DS-160 replaces the Electronic Visa Application Form (EVAF). Paragraph 5 lists first-phase posts and directs consular section managers to contact the Visa Office's Post Liaison Division (CA/VO/F/P) to inform their respective liaison officers of their planned DS-160 implementation dates. Separate messages will cover the details of employing the web-based form at posts; lessons learned from pilot posts including impacts on workflow and work requirements (particularly for locally engaged staff (LES); fraud prevention potential for web-based forms; and the DS-260 web-based immigrant visa (IV) application. End Summary.
3. The DS-160 application form combines all information previously collected on the DS-156, 157, and 158 for appropriate applicants, and the DS-3052. Applicants for "E" class treaty trader NIVs will complete the DS-160 and have to fill out a hard copy DS-156E until the DS-160E electronic form is fielded in the near future. Until further notice, K visa applicants should continue to use the DS-156 and DS-156K instead of the DS-160.
4. Our goal is to replace completely the EVAF application with the DS-160 no later than April 30, 2010. This will be done in two main phases. First phase posts are listed in paragraph five and must adopt the DS-160 prior to March 1, 2010, for all applicants, with the exception of K's. All remaining posts not listed below should implement the DS-160 between March 1, and April 30, 2010 for all applicants, with the exception of Ks. VO has posted a checklist on CAWeb to prepare for CEAC implementation. Consular section managers should consult CAWeb information and contact their CA/VO/F/P liaison to advise when they plan to implement the DS-160. CEAC instruction is available on the Consular Application Training Center website as part of NIV 04.06.00 training [redacted]. Experience from the pilot program demonstrated that most posts can make the DS-160 transition in a matter of weeks, rather than months.

The above may be found on travel.state.gov > visas > Laws, Regulations, and Policy > Visa Policy Updates

UNTIL THINGS GET STRAIGHTENED OUT I'D TAKE THE DS 160S [2?], DS 156S [2], DS 157 [2] AND THE DS 156K [1] FILLED OUT FORMS TO THE INTERVIEW WITH YOU.

Who knows what the USEM will/is be doing yet?

On top of that what will BPI be doing?

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Also from the state departments DS-160 page (you can't get to the DS-160 without passing this page):

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/forms/forms_4230.html

The U.S. Embassy and Consulates listed below require nonimmigrant visa applicants (excluding K-1/2 fiancee and E-1/2 Treaty Trader visa classes) to use the new Online DS-160

Timeline

My smarter half just realized the email came from rds_builder@teletech.com not from the embassy. there is a discussion about it here in the forums, but it is in tagalog, and I don't read it much. But the email is looking pretty shady.

http://www.visajourn...irmation-email/

I got the same email yesterday. It was basically the same as the first email I got from the USembassy. Only this time they said that I should bring a DS-160. I personally think it's legit since they have my case number etc. It's probably some agency the USembassy hired to send out confirmation emails.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.