Jared and May

Int'l Travel *after* AOS

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

So before I left last week, Milagros and I were talking about going back home to the Philippines next year to visit family.. However, she brought up the idea of maybe not going back home in 2011, but rather in 2012. She thought maybe we would be able to go somewhere that she normally couldn't go to because of visa related issues, and we both kind of agreed that Italy might be an awesome trip. However, she will still have her Philippines passport until she becomes a US citizen.

My question for my fellow VJers is what success have you had with obtaining visas to European countries - Italy, Germany, etc while being a Filipino citizen but living in the US? Obviously this would be after filing the AOS and having the travel ban lifted.

Thanks in advance..

AOS Timeline

08-Sep-2010 Married
28-Sep-2010 Mailed AOS packet via Express Mail
29-Sep-2010 Received @ Chicago Lockbox
18-Oct-2010 Received 797C NOA for Biometrics appointment
22-Oct 2010 Biometrics appointment (orig sched for 10/28)
29-Oct 2010 RFE (missing signature)
03-Nov Received RFE @ Chicago Lockbox
17-Nov Case transferred to California
24-Nov "Touched" Now being processed at USCIS office
30-Nov "Touched again"
03-Dec May calls Senator Joe Courtney's office for help getting EAD/AP approved
15-Dec Received AP in mail, no notification via e-mail/txt website doesn't show approval
16-Dec EAD Approved (SMS/E-mail) USCIS indicates it was approved yesterday?
18-Dec EAD Card arrived in mail
25-Mar 2011 GC Arrived

31-May 2013 10yr GC approved

If you check out this site it shows what is needed for a LPR of the US to visit other countries. I believe they get some benefits of residing in the US...it's not quite the same as just travelling. https://www.delta.com/planning_reservations/plan_flight/international_travel_information/visa_passport_information/index.jsp

From my understanding, it isnt near as bad to get a travel document to visit european countries as it is to come to the US.

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

Timeline

Yeah, I know that Milagros pretty much needs a visa for anywhere we'd like to go - Germany or Italy.. But I was curious if anyone else has been through this and tried applying, etc? She doesn't have a penny to her name, so I was wondering what kind of requirements they might have.. I'd imagine it's not as intense as a US visa.. I wonder if I help her case in terms of support?

AOS Timeline

08-Sep-2010 Married
30-Nov "Touched again"
15-Dec Received AP in mail, no notification via e-mail/txt website doesn't show approval
25-Mar 2011 GC Arrived

Yeah, I know that Milagros pretty much needs a visa for anywhere we'd like to go - Germany or Italy.. But I was curious if anyone else has been through this and tried applying, etc? She doesn't have a penny to her name, so I was wondering what kind of requirements they might have.. I'd imagine it's not as intense as a US visa.. I wonder if I help her case in terms of support?

all you need is her GC and your good to go everywhere you want her GC is your ticket to travel ;)

03.14.2011 -------I-751 sent overnight

03.15.2011 -------package says "Delivered"

03.30.2011 -------ASC Appointment Notice Received

04.22.2011 -------Biometrics Appointment

08.29.2011--------APPROVED! GC RECEIVED!

I'm the wife of an American Soldier;

I'm the hope that lives within him after storm clouded days.

The freedom from war that gives wings to his heart,

May they reach across the miles and bind our hearts together

against all that we must face in this world.

Filed: Other Timeline

Not a problem. Reasoning: why would a Filippina who went through a lot of ####### to become a US resident illegally stay in a European country?

BTW., forget Germany, do South of France, Marbeilla (Spain), and/or Italy instead.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Timeline

all you need is her GC and your good to go everywhere you want her GC is your ticket to travel ;)

So she would show her GC & Pilipinas passport to enter any country that a US passport can get you into?

Not a problem. Reasoning: why would a Filippina who went through a lot of ####### to become a US resident illegally stay in a European country?

BTW., forget Germany, do South of France, Marbeilla (Spain), and/or Italy instead.

LOL, yeah we'd like to go to Paris, Spain, and Italy.. I just threw in Germany as an example.. :whistle:

AOS Timeline

08-Sep-2010 Married
30-Nov "Touched again"
25-Mar 2011 GC Arrived

well, you would be travelling with her, so support and money would be no issue right? I would talk to a travel agent at least since like on the delta site it tells you that you need a visa for the country. Granted it would be no issue for her coming back, but I would hate to see you guys get there and be denied entry because she doesnt have a visa.

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.