Greg_n_Lien

QUESTIONS

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I have a couple of questions. Lien's interview date is in June, and packet left the NVC.

1) Will we get an email notification when it arrives at the Consulate???

2) Will she receive a Welcome letter from the Consulate with more instruction. Or can she go ahead and proceed to get the medical?? Medical instruction came with the notice from the NVC that the papers had been forwarded to HCMC.

3) Afidavit of support, Agent, and Visa application have all been submitted and approved by the NVC, are there anymore forms or just the medical??

(i can't see how there could be more forms, information has been duplicated at least 3 times already)

6 week to interview!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah :dance: :dance:

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I have a couple of questions. Lien's interview date is in June, and packet left the NVC.

2) Will she receive a Welcome letter from the Consulate with more instruction. Or can she go ahead and proceed to get the medical?? Medical instruction came with the notice from the NVC that the papers had been forwarded to HCMC.

3) Afidavit of support, Agent, and Visa application have all been submitted and approved by the NVC, are there anymore forms or just the medical??

(i can't see how there could be more forms, information has been duplicated at least 3 times already)

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah kicking.gifkicking.gif

Good luck with the interview, she should get a packet 3 and 4 from the consulate, but with the interview date already being set up I think HCMC already has everything they need, they usually do not set up an interview until your fiancee would usually call telling them she has the information gathered that they requested in packet 3. You should be able to get the medical done anytime now, I think this is a double edged sword though, if you get it done early then get delayed, they might require a new medical being taken since the medical exam can expire, but if you wait to long there might be a problem that needs requires action. Hope this helps Jerome

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Timeline

I extracted this one from Consulate's site, it states that consulate will not contact bebeficiary. You should have your medical done with the letter from nvc.

Section I: Cases scheduled for interview appointment by NVC

The IV Unit does not contact beneficiaries prior to their interview day. If the beneficiary has not received the appointment letter from the NVC one week before the scheduled interview appointment, he or she can contact our office.

It is important that the beneficiary be well prepared for the day of his/her visa interview. The beneficiary will need to have a medical exam completed at one of the designated hospitals. To avoid delay, it is recommended the beneficiary complete the medical examination before the interview day. In addition, the beneficiary needs to make sure that all personal information is correct and that all documents are in order before the day of the visa interview. Note: Documents previously submitted to the NVC do not have to be submitted again.

For instructions on where to go for the medical examination, vaccinations, and paper arrangement, please click here. On the scheduled interview date, the beneficiary appears at the Consulate General with the appointment letter and other supporting documents For further information about the interview process, please click here

If you still have any questions, please email us at hcmcinfo@state.gov

Timeline

I extracted this one from Consulate's site, it states that consulate will not contact bebeficiary. You should have your medical done with the letter from nvc.

Section I: Cases scheduled for interview appointment by NVC

The IV Unit does not contact beneficiaries prior to their interview day. If the beneficiary has not received the appointment letter from the NVC one week before the scheduled interview appointment, he or she can contact our office.

It is important that the beneficiary be well prepared for the day of his/her visa interview. The beneficiary will need to have a medical exam completed at one of the designated hospitals. To avoid delay, it is recommended the beneficiary complete the medical examination before the interview day. In addition, the beneficiary needs to make sure that all personal information is correct and that all documents are in order before the day of the visa interview. Note: Documents previously submitted to the NVC do not have to be submitted again.

For instructions on where to go for the medical examination, vaccinations, and paper arrangement, please click here. On the scheduled interview date, the beneficiary appears at the Consulate General with the appointment letter and other supporting documents For further information about the interview process, please click here

If you still have any questions, please email us at hcmcinfo@state.gov

OKAY, that is what i thought, but just wanted some confirmation. We competed packet 3 and IV for NVC, so there were not any forms left to do.

THANKS

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Get the medical out of the way soon.. that way the results will be there when the interview takes place..

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah :dance: :dance:

You both will received email from VN consulate,

Good luck on your interview.

I-130 Journey

USCIS

06-15-2008 : Marriage

08-16-2008 : I-130 Sent

08-18-2008 : I-130 Received

08-22-2008 : I-130 NOA1

02-02-2009 : I-130 NOA2 Approved 164 days from NOA1

NVC

02-04-2009 : Visited my wife for 2 weeks. 02-22-2009 come back to US

02-11-2009 : Received package from NVC

02-23-2009 : AOS Paid $70 (Online)

02-23-2009 : DS-3032 sent (by email)

02-25-2009 : Payment Received from my bank (AOS)

03-04-2009 : NVC has received the Choice of Agent DS-3032 (Online)

03-04-2009 : IV Application Processing Fees $400 (Online)

03-05-2009 : Payment Received from my bank (IV APS)

03-07-2009 : DS-230, and I-864 Sent (by USPS)

03-12-2009 : USPS confirm arrived at NVC for DS-230, & I-864

03-13-2009 : NVC received DS-230, & I-864 (Case in progress)

03-20-2009 : NVC case completed in 1 week NVC completed 03-20-2009.

04-02-2009 : NVC Left to HCM city

04-22-2009 : Medical Passed

05-12-2009 : Received a package IV from HCM Consulate by email

05-18-2009 : My wife got Pink.. yeah..

05-26-2009 : Visa received

06-18-2009 : US Entry!!! Yeah, my wife finally here.

06-29-2009 : Received SSN from snail mail

07-20-2009 : Green card received by mail

09-15-2009 : Writting test from DVM.

11-03-2009 : Driving Test.

01-20-2010 : Working.

04-20-2011 : Submit I751

04-26-2011 : Received I-797 NOA with Receipt Number

05-11-2011 : Received ASC Appointment Notice

06-03-2011 : Biometrics Apts @ 11:00 AM

10-11-2011 : Submit more evidence.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.