vopilka

How to find out interview date in Moscow

13 posts in this topic

Hey guys, basically the question is in the subject line. I would really appreciate if anybody with any info could help.

Also, does anybody here have any sort of experience with applying for a cr-1 visa with a 2YHRR aka 2 year home residency requirement aka 212 (e)? I have so many questions...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hey guys, basically the question is in the subject line. I would really appreciate if anybody with any info could help.

Also, does anybody here have any sort of experience with applying for a cr-1 visa with a 2YHRR aka 2 year home residency requirement aka 212 (e)? I have so many questions...

Email the Embassy, they'll respond within 3 business days. Click on Embassy Info link at top of this page to get to their website.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Oh hey, another CR-1; we're growing in strength and numbers.

Curious where you are in the time line of events. If you haven't hit the problem of the home stay requirement, then you either slipped through NVC or you haven't hit the interview point yet. We got snagged for a RFE because she had a J-1 visa without the HRR and had to send documentation proving as such (even though it says on the fricken visa).

You're positive you have the home stay requirement? Just want to double check, since most of the visa's coming out of Russia don't have it.

Anyway, if you do have the home stay requirement, then you're going to need to apply for a waiver.

It's called Form I-612. I've heard estimates that it takes between 4-6 months to complete. There may also be a large filing fee attached to it.

Anyway, let me know where you are in the process and I my be able to help out.

Timeline

Hey :)

We are filing for CR1/IR1 and I am a J-1-er with the stupid 2-year home stay requirement. I'm sitting it out- I have a little under 10 months left. Basically, when we considered applying for a waiver, we ran into a problem locating some documents. I just decided to come back and get this done and over with. It totally sucks, btw :(

bzYip3.png

May 2004- we meet!

09/27/2008- we are married!

03/05/2009- back to Russia for 2-year HRR

02/17/2010- I-130 sent to USCIS

03/01/2010- NOA1

06/02/2010- NOA2

06/09/2010- our case is at NVC!

06/12/2010- receive DS-3032 and I-864 bill

06/19/2010- I-864 bill is paid

06/25/2010- mailed DS-3032 to NVC

07/15/2010- received Immigrant Visa Application Processing Fee Bill Invoice

07/20/2010- Immigrant Visa Application Processing Fee is paid (check cleared)

09/20/2010- call NVC and find out that we can start work on I864 and DS230 packets

02/12/2011- AOS (I-864) packet is mailed to NVC

02/14/2011- NVC receives AOS (I-864) packet

03/06/2011- YAY! Finally, the 2 year HRR is fulfilled![/font]

03/07/2011- IV packet is mailed to NVC

04/07/2011- receive a letter from NVC requesting detailed information regarding the circumstances of my 1999 J-1 visa

04/09/2011- we mail the requested info to NVC along with proof that 2-year HRR has been fulfilled

04/30/2011- Check with NVC- get message "Your case was completed on April 27th. Please allow 8 weeks for further instructions"

05/17/2011- receive notification from NVC: interview scheduled for June 1st!

Timeline

We are filing for CR1/IR1 and I am a J-1-er with the stupid 2-year home stay requirement. I'm sitting it out- I have a little under 10 months left. Basically, when we considered applying for a waiver, we ran into a problem locating some documents. I just decided to come back and get this done and over with. It totally sucks, btw :(

Crazy, I wonder if the 2YHHR is becoming more common now.

Sorry to hear you've got to go through the wait, that really sucks. I think I would have just said f-it and moved to Russia if I had to wait 2 years.

Edit: Almost forgot to mention. I remember reading about people applying for the CR-1 right before the home stay requirement expires.

I'm not sure how familiar you are with the CR-1 process, but basically you have three stages:

USCIS

NVC

Embassy

The USCIS takes about 4 months to go through and they don't check home stay requirements. HHR's are checked at the NVC stage.

So ideally you can get the USCIS wait out of the way before your home stay requirement expires.

Edited by Cixelsyd

Timeline

Crazy, I wonder if the 2YHHR is becoming more common now.

Sorry to hear you've got to go through the wait, that really sucks. I think I would have just said f-it and moved to Russia if I had to wait 2 years.

Edit: Almost forgot to mention. I remember reading about people applying for the CR-1 right before the home stay requirement expires.

I'm not sure how familiar you are with the CR-1 process, but basically you have three stages:

USCIS

NVC

Embassy

The USCIS takes about 4 months to go through and they don't check home stay requirements. HHR's are checked at the NVC stage.

So ideally you can get the USCIS wait out of the way before your home stay requirement expires.

Yeah, that's what we are doing. We got our NOA1 in March and are now waiting for the second one. I'm not sure about the 2YHRR being more common now, mine is dragging from 1999. I just never got around to it, and didn't think it was going to be an issue at all, until my husband and I decided to file for adjustment of my status. That's when we found out what we were about to face. Since you brought up NVC and Embassy... I'm still not sure what will happen once they find out i'm still in the process of fulfilling that requirement. Are they just going to date my visa after the 2 year period runs out? Should I try to schedule the interview till after I'm done with the requirement? This is just one huge headache :(

bzYip3.png

May 2004- we meet!

09/27/2008- we are married!

03/05/2009- back to Russia for 2-year HRR

02/17/2010- I-130 sent to USCIS

03/01/2010- NOA1

06/02/2010- NOA2

06/09/2010- our case is at NVC!

06/12/2010- receive DS-3032 and I-864 bill

06/19/2010- I-864 bill is paid

06/25/2010- mailed DS-3032 to NVC

07/15/2010- received Immigrant Visa Application Processing Fee Bill Invoice

07/20/2010- Immigrant Visa Application Processing Fee is paid (check cleared)

09/20/2010- call NVC and find out that we can start work on I864 and DS230 packets

02/12/2011- AOS (I-864) packet is mailed to NVC

02/14/2011- NVC receives AOS (I-864) packet

03/06/2011- YAY! Finally, the 2 year HRR is fulfilled![/font]

03/07/2011- IV packet is mailed to NVC

04/07/2011- receive a letter from NVC requesting detailed information regarding the circumstances of my 1999 J-1 visa

04/09/2011- we mail the requested info to NVC along with proof that 2-year HRR has been fulfilled

04/30/2011- Check with NVC- get message "Your case was completed on April 27th. Please allow 8 weeks for further instructions"

05/17/2011- receive notification from NVC: interview scheduled for June 1st!

Timeline

Yeah, that's what we are doing. We got our NOA1 in March and are now waiting for the second one. I'm not sure about the 2YHRR being more common now, mine is dragging from 1999. I just never got around to it, and didn't think it was going to be an issue at all, until my husband and I decided to file for adjustment of my status. That's when we found out what we were about to face. Since you brought up NVC and Embassy... I'm still not sure what will happen once they find out i'm still in the process of fulfilling that requirement. Are they just going to date my visa after the 2 year period runs out? Should I try to schedule the interview till after I'm done with the requirement? This is just one huge headache :(

I'm pretty sure I've got a good answer for you, but am going to be busy for the next two hours. But not to worry, I'll get you a good response after that :)

Timeline

Wonder if maybe I've just been exposed to people without the 2YHRR. So maybe I'm just wrong and it has always been this way. Anyway, that's neither here nor there.

First to answer some questions:

I haven't heard of them ever post dating a visa to coincide with fulfilling your HRR. I'm pretty sure they would just sit on your application until you either send in a waiver or it expires.

The interview will actually be scheduled by the NVC, so you won't have to worry about dealing with that. The only thing you can do with interviews is have them reschedule if you can't make it. But that's not going to apply to you anyway. You wouldn't get past the NVC (unless they miss it) without fulfilling the requirement or getting a waiver for it. Which means no interview.

What to do:

Here's what I would do at least.

You won't have to worry about getting around the embassy, since that all takes place after the NVC. The thing you'll have to be tricky with is the NVC.

The goal here will be to sit on your application long enough for the 2YHRR to expire. The only tricky part is deciding when to do this.

There's two points where you can do this.

1.) Before sending in your Agent of Selection form (AOS form).

2.) Before sending in your DS-230.

The small catch is your application expires after a year. The NVC states "If a period of one year passes without communication to the NVC, all documents and fees expire and must be resubmitted to resume the immigration process". To me that translates into -if they don't hear anything from you in a years time, then you start over. Still this shouldn't be a problem for you, but I figured I would throw it out there.

The safe Route:

If you're worried about the catch statement or something going wrong and you don't want to lose any fees you pay for, then you should stop at part 1 until your HRR expires. This doesn't save you from any fees you paid to the USCIS.

So.. in for a penny, in for a pound:

Something to understand about the NVC processing is your DS-230 is the last document they process. The DS-230 is also your visa application. This is where they actually check to see if you are subject to any home stay requiremnt or not. Prior to this, you will have spent almost 500$ in processing fees. You will have also sent in your DS-3032 (Agent of selection form) and I-864 (Affidavit of support) packet.

This is the method I would select and is likely the fastest/easiest. Roughly 2 months after your HRR expires you'll have your visa.

Special Note:

About two months before you're ready to send in your DS-230, I would start gathering your Police Certificates (which are required to be sent in with the DS-230). It takes roughly 1 month to a month and a half to get your PCC (Police Certificate) in Russia.

Edit:

For some reason I was thinking you said you just got your NOA-1. I didn't realize it was back in March. So it looks like you'll have to sit on your application for 8 months at the NVC (I was thinking only 6).

Anyway, not a big deal. It just makes me lean more to the second suggestion I listed. This way you can trickle out your correspondence over the 8 month period to ensure your application doesn't expire. Again, still shouldn't be a problem. Just a safety clause.

Edited by Cixelsyd

Oh hey, another CR-1; we're growing in strength and numbers.

Curious where you are in the time line of events. If you haven't hit the problem of the home stay requirement, then you either slipped through NVC or you haven't hit the interview point yet. We got snagged for a RFE because she had a J-1 visa without the HRR and had to send documentation proving as such (even though it says on the fricken visa).

You're positive you have the home stay requirement? Just want to double check, since most of the visa's coming out of Russia don't have it.

Anyway, if you do have the home stay requirement, then you're going to need to apply for a waiver.

It's called Form I-612. I've heard estimates that it takes between 4-6 months to complete. There may also be a large filing fee attached to it.

Anyway, let me know where you are in the process and I my be able to help out.

Hey! I do have a 2YHRR, actually. And what initially started as CR-1 will probably become IR-1, since we've been married for more than 2 years. I didn't have an interview yet. My case was completed with the NVC. Thanks for the willingness to help :) But I have become an expert in this after we filed for a waiver :) and after we got denied :(

I have e-mailed the embassy about the interview, and you basically just need to get the first date and then ask them to reschedule to a date closer to the end of the 2nd year. I still have at least till October.

I don't want to give you any hopes, but if you have some extra money you could try waiving the requirement based on the fact that it has been over 10 years since that. If I were you, I would totally risk it at the interview, if they will schedule it before the 2 years are over.

My requirement is from my recent scholarship in 2006. :crying: I still have around 8 months...

Email the Embassy, they'll respond within 3 business days. Click on Embassy Info link at top of this page to get to their website.

Thanks! Do they e-mail you the list or they just tell you the last date?

I've e-mailed them before, I was not very clear. I was wondering if there's some way to look at that list they used to have online

Timeline

Hey! I do have a 2YHRR, actually. And what initially started as CR-1 will probably become IR-1, since we've been married for more than 2 years. I didn't have an interview yet. My case was completed with the NVC. Thanks for the willingness to help :) But I have become an expert in this after we filed for a waiver :) and after we got denied :(

I have e-mailed the embassy about the interview, and you basically just need to get the first date and then ask them to reschedule to a date closer to the end of the 2nd year. I still have at least till October.

That's funny. NVC misses someone who has a HRR and I get snagged for RFE to prove no HRR.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.