ws6

Ciudad Juarez, required forms and other questions

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Ok, so now we are getting ready to go for the interview and I am gonna fill out all the forms for my fiancee, but the info on the forms (online is kind of confusing). For form DS156, do I have to do it online??? There is a link to a DS156 but the form is outdated. On the OF-167 form I don't see a form, I see instructions, is that all you'll see for that form?? I864 not necessary???? What other forms would be necessary and what advice would you guys give me. Thanks.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello

We are also getting ready to go to our interview in Juarez next month(I think) We still not check the forms yet that needs to be fill online. We will check and I let you know if we run into any confusing situation. Thanks anyway for you question.

Time Line

01-30-2010 Sent I-129F via USPS certified.

02-01-2010 Received USPS confirmation.

02-08-2010 Received NOA1

03-12-2010 Case updated text alert.

03-12-2010 Checked Status online: Case approved! Weepaaa!!

03-15-2010 Received NOA2

04-02-2010 Received letter from NVC case sent to Juarez's Consulate

05-11-2010 Juarez US consulate received our case.

05-13-2010 Juarez US consulate sent K1 instructions packet to my fiance.

05-25-2010 Received instructions packet.

07-06-2010 Ciudad Juarez for the medical evaluation.

07-07-2010 Ciudad Juarez for the Visa Interview.APPROVE!!

07-18-2010 POE Los Angeles,CA

09-24-2010 We got MARRIED!!!!

12-08-2010 Sent AOS Package

12-27-2010 Received NOA1

02-11-2011 Biometrics Appoitment in Riverside, CA 11am

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Ok, so now we are getting ready to go for the interview and I am gonna fill out all the forms for my fiancee, but the info on the forms (online is kind of confusing). For form DS156, do I have to do it online??? There is a link to a DS156 but the form is outdated. On the OF-167 form I don't see a form, I see instructions, is that all you'll see for that form?? I864 not necessary???? What other forms would be necessary and what advice would you guys give me. Thanks.

The DS-156 needs to be filled out online using a properly compatible web browser and Operating System with that of the DoS such that an electronic stamp (bar code) is automatically added to the final form. Then you can print it from the computer.

OF-167 is a letter stating the requirement to show your alien beneficiary will not become a public charge in the USA. This means the USC petitioner must show they can support you. One way to meet the OF-167 requirements is by filling out an I-134 affidavit of support form available at the USCIS web site.

Good luck.

Naturalization N-400

Good luck in CDJ. Watch out for suspicious looking drug-lord-wannabes on the street there. They don't play nice. If you see more than 2 men in a car parked on the street just hanging out, or men wearing jackets on a hot day, well, walk the other way.

OTT, Make sure you guys practice questions about yourselves so you are not flustered and hesitate when/if the CO probes for how much your really know about each other. Hesitant answers don't go over well with CO's. Cheers.

:star:

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.