Brenda2010

Packet 3 questions

23 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Did you get the police check/certificate same day/while you waited?

My fiance' in Kingston, ON, got his police certificate while he waited and it was even before we got our NOA2 so I think each RCMP is different.

Just looking at it now...it says on the page:

"A Police Criminal Records Search may provide the following information obtained from the Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC)

-Outstanding entries

-Records of criminal convictions, as the records exist onthe date of search

-Findings of Guilt where a pardon has not been granted"

Then he checked the box that says and placed the police seal on it:

"This is to confirm that no criminal convictions nor outstanding charges have been found in the Canadian National Repository of Criminal Records as a result of a search based on the above name and date of birth. The search has not been confirmed by fingerprints."

Also he must have taken a cursory glance at my NOA 2 as on the form it says:

Reason for Request: US Immigration Visa Application, and it says that the Officer Verified it (placed his signature there)

Is this enough....? :unsure:

This is what they printed on mine from my local police station:

This is to certify that a search of the criminal records of the " " police service, and the national repository for criminal records in Canada (Search HAS NOT been confirmed by fingerprints). Based on the above name and date of birth, discloses the following:

No criminal record identified

Not enhanced screening

Records check requested for:

Immigration

Then has a signature and the police seal on it.

I think every police station writes different things on the certificate, as long as it's a Canada wide search and has a police seal on it, it should be enough. :) They did not ask or want any of our case numbers! I don't remember reading that in the P3 packet they gave us either (about having our case number on it), so it should be fine..:)

For more information on our journey please see our 'About Me' page on our profile!

I got mine done in windsor ON. I got it in ten mins and paid 25 dollars for it. I guess each police station is different or maybe its because I mentioned it was for immigration, so she needed to see a case number??? not sure

Edited by mandaNchris

Life is like a roller coaster. Hold on tight and enjoy the ride!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

10 mins? lol i had mine in windsor too, but i was called the next day to get it. Such a simple letter it was....wait..you ONLY paid 25?? i just got mine in march and it was 40...what the....the website even says it's is 40...

HWDWm6.png

lol sorry??? Yeah all i had to pay was 25 dollars. She took my ID and my packet 3 checklist with my case number on it and then she gave them back to me and the police check. took about 10 mins. I went to the RCMP office on Jefferson and Riverside. I was expecting it to be more but I was very pleased when she said it was only 25 dollars.

Life is like a roller coaster. Hold on tight and enjoy the ride!

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to share my experience with the police check...went yesterday to 40 College St. Division in TO. Dropped off the form (I'd already filled out - you can get it online at http://www.torontopolice.on.ca/recordsmanagement/clearance.php) paid my $26.50 and was advised it would be mailed out in 7-10 days. I'm not in a rush - waiting for my P3 to be logged/interview date assigned - so that was fine with me, didn't need express service.

For information on our K1/AOS/ROC journey please see my 'About Me' page on my profile.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Just wanted to share my experience with the police check...went yesterday to 40 College St. Division in TO. Dropped off the form (I'd already filled out - you can get it online at http://www.torontopolice.on.ca/recordsmanagement/clearance.php) paid my $26.50 and was advised it would be mailed out in 7-10 days. I'm not in a rush - waiting for my P3 to be logged/interview date assigned - so that was fine with me, didn't need express service.

Mine came in exactly 7, from same location. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.