Brenda2010

Packet 3 questions

23 posts in this topic

Hi all - I'm sure this info exists somewhere but I've spent hours looking so am starting a new topic in the hopes that someone can help me.

Just received my packet 3 today - woohoo - BUT, I'm confused about a couple things to do with the application checklist:

- looks like they want me to say I have had my medical but aren't we supposed to wait till we receive packet 4/interview date to schedule?? I'm assuming people are just saying they have it because according to timelines people receive packet 3 then send it back next day...ay yay yay...

- same issue with police certificate...don't think I could've got it beforehand as I've read that you need to produce the letter from the consulate in order for them to do the check

- underneath date and signature and above my case number and name there's a date, 7/27/2009 - what the heck is this? interview date? random date??

Many thanks in advance to any/all who can help me.

For information on our K1/AOS/ROC journey please see my 'About Me' page on my profile.

Oh boy, I'm ridiculous. Just had a glass of wine (to relax!) and re-read the checklist - it says to indicate that 'you have OBTAINED the document for each applicant', not that you actually have to have the blinkin' medical or police check. Sorry folks, the stress is getting to me! I am however still perplexed about that mystery date...weird.

For information on our K1/AOS/ROC journey please see my 'About Me' page on my profile.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi all - I'm sure this info exists somewhere but I've spent hours looking so am starting a new topic in the hopes that someone can help me.

Just received my packet 3 today - woohoo - BUT, I'm confused about a couple things to do with the application checklist:

- looks like they want me to say I have had my medical but aren't we supposed to wait till we receive packet 4/interview date to schedule?? I'm assuming people are just saying they have it because according to timelines people receive packet 3 then send it back next day...ay yay yay...

- same issue with police certificate...don't think I could've got it beforehand as I've read that you need to produce the letter from the consulate in order for them to do the check

- underneath date and signature and above my case number and name there's a date, 7/27/2009 - what the heck is this? interview date? random date??

Many thanks in advance to any/all who can help me.

Hi!

I was perplexed by the package at first too:)

1. I went ahead and put a checkmark next to medical examination ie that I will schedule it. And was able to schedule it with Medisys, all they need is the packet 3 letter at the medical interview.

2. I obtained my police certificate about a month ago in preperation to receiving Packet 3, the police station does not need any proof - you just need to be sure its a Canada Wide Check through CPIC. I did it at my local police station but you can also get it done through RCMP.

3. Yeah I have noo idea what that date on the checklist is about, weird. I have the same date 7/27/2009...maybe thats the date they last revised that checklist form, thats all I can think of!

I'm having a glass of wine now too, and start searching the forums for financial stuff to be sure we're on top of the affadavit of support stuff...whee!!!

Hope that helps!

08/31/2010 POE09/25/2010 Civil WeddingAOS Timeline10/11/2010 AOS Package Sent10/20/2010 NOA's for AOS/EAD/AP11/12/2010 Biometrics Appointment1/4/2011 Received EAD and AP documents!1/11/2011 AOS Interview - APPROVED!!1/15/2011 - Received Approval notice for I-485, Green card on its way!!1/21/2011 - Received Green Card!!Removal of Conditions11/1/2012-Sent Application to California Service Center ..... N-40007/29/2016 - Received date at Phoenix lockbox 8/01/2016 - N-400 NOA<p>xx/xx/xxxx - BiometricsOnto the next step!!

On the checklist you'll have to send back to the consulate, u need to check everything that u need to have to the interview (everything should apply to you, except for exemple, if you've never been married, the marriage certificate). Even if you didn't do your medical exam yet, or police certificate, you check it. you still have enough time to obtain it while waiting for getting an interview date assigned.

01/12/2011: GreenCard approved!!!!

Green card expiration date: 01/05/2013
Sent ROC package to VSC: 11/16/2012
NOA1: 11/20/2012

Approval: 04/29/2013!!!!

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

3. Yeah I have noo idea what that date on the checklist is about, weird. I have the same date 7/27/2009...maybe thats the date they last revised that checklist form, thats all I can think of!

I think you're right! I was just looking at the example P3 in the Canada Wiki, and it has that same date- 7/27/09. I remember they changed the P3 around a few months after I had my interview, which was at the end of April 2009, so I bet that's what the date means.

You guys are the BEST! What would i do without my fellow VJ-ers?? Thanks so much for your quick responses, I can sleep tonight now.

After reading your replies realised I had another blip in my reading comprehension - the mystery date was 7/27/2009 NOT 2010 - I guess a part of me wanted to believe it was my interview date. Time to have another drink I think! :)

Wishing - special shout out to you and best of luck with the financial stuff. We've gathered most of it already - paychecks, tax transcripts, employment letter - just need bank deposit statements. I think that's all we need, but given my fragile mental state lately who knows!! Night all, B

Timeline

You guys are the BEST! What would i do without my fellow VJ-ers?? Thanks so much for your quick responses, I can sleep tonight now.

After reading your replies realised I had another blip in my reading comprehension - the mystery date was 7/27/2009 NOT 2010 - I guess a part of me wanted to believe it was my interview date. Time to have another drink I think! :)

Wishing - special shout out to you and best of luck with the financial stuff. We've gathered most of it already - paychecks, tax transcripts, employment letter - just need bank deposit statements. I think that's all we need, but given my fragile mental state lately who knows!! Night all, B

OMG for a few minutes when I got the checklist I thought that too, I thought ooh well what if thats the interview date, what if they decided to just give it to me ahead of time ah hahaha :lol::no:

Wishful thinking of my part as well:)

Thanks I'm constructing a word documents with all our needs of financial documents! Gnight!

Edited by Wishing

08/31/2010 POE09/25/2010 Civil WeddingAOS Timeline10/11/2010 AOS Package Sent10/20/2010 NOA's for AOS/EAD/AP11/12/2010 Biometrics Appointment1/4/2011 Received EAD and AP documents!1/11/2011 AOS Interview - APPROVED!!1/15/2011 - Received Approval notice for I-485, Green card on its way!!1/21/2011 - Received Green Card!!Removal of Conditions11/1/2012-Sent Application to California Service Center ..... N-40007/29/2016 - Received date at Phoenix lockbox 8/01/2016 - N-400 NOA<p>xx/xx/xxxx - BiometricsOnto the next step!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

When my fiance' and I went for his interview on Monday, May 3, all the visa assistant wanted was the I-134 affidavit of support (with original signature), the list of bank deposits for the last year with date account was opened and current amount in accounts with bank officer signature, and letter from my employer with work start date, whether I was temporary or permanent, and my salary. They didn't want my tax transcripts or my paycheck stubs, although I had them with me (so I guess I will just use them for AOS in a couple of months once I am married). Goodluck on collecting your documents. I found that the most stressful. The interview is short, sweet, and to the point!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I noticed that some of you have been able to "log on"? Is this for the Montreal office to check your status or am I also drunk?

Thanks.

Unfortunately, it is not on a computer, but from calling the DOS to see if the DOS computer has been updated with your information "logged in". It requires a phone call and talking to a human to find out the information.

Hi I just wanted to let you know that when I went to the RCMP office and asked about a police check for immigration the lady told me I needed 2 forms of ID and something with my immigration case number on it. I went home and the next day brought my p3 check list with my number on it and got my police check. Maybe different police stations do it differently??? I'm not sure but just a heads up.

Life is like a roller coaster. Hold on tight and enjoy the ride!

Timeline

Hi I just wanted to let you know that when I went to the RCMP office and asked about a police check for immigration the lady told me I needed 2 forms of ID and something with my immigration case number on it. I went home and the next day brought my p3 check list with my number on it and got my police check. Maybe different police stations do it differently??? I'm not sure but just a heads up.

Hhhhmm so has anyone else gone to get their police check without having the packet 3 checklist? I brought a copy of our NOA2 to show them the case, but the officer said he didn't need it...just the ID's with birthdate.

The police check I got says it went through CPIC, and has the police seal on it (raised stamp)...

Did you get the police check/certificate same day/while you waited?

Timeline

Yes they gave it to me on the spot paid around $50

Timeline

Just looking at it now...it says on the page:

"A Police Criminal Records Search may provide the following information obtained from the Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC)

-Outstanding entries

-Records of criminal convictions, as the records exist onthe date of search

-Findings of Guilt where a pardon has not been granted"

Then he checked the box that says and placed the police seal on it:

"This is to confirm that no criminal convictions nor outstanding charges have been found in the Canadian National Repository of Criminal Records as a result of a search based on the above name and date of birth. The search has not been confirmed by fingerprints."

Also he must have taken a cursory glance at my NOA 2 as on the form it says:

Reason for Request: US Immigration Visa Application, and it says that the Officer Verified it (placed his signature there)

Is this enough....? :unsure:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.