msilva

help! need Sample Brazil Federal Police Report

13 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi

NVC denied my wife’s Brazil Federal Police Report and gave no reason. I e-mailed the Rio Consulate on the 28th for help attaching a copy of The Federal Police Report we sent NVC asking them whets wrong with it. No reply yet. If anyone could share what they sent NVC it would be a great help. Preferably a Federal Report from a smaller city or from the Northeast of Brasil. Our case is stuck until this issue is resolved.

Thanks

Timeline

What did you send them? Did your wife go to the station or got the online one?

I sent the report we got online and it was just fine. If you got it online, did you validated at the website?

CR-1 Journey - California Service Center

I-130 timeline:
I-130 NOA1 - 05th Nov, 2009
I-130 NOA2 - 10th February, 2010 Yay!!!!
"Your I-130 was approved in 97 days from your NOA1 date."

NVC Journey:
02-16-2010: NVC Case # Assigned
03-31-2010: Case Complete!!
04-12-2010: Interview date assigned by NVC.
05-11-2010: Medical appointment in Rio

05-13-2010: Interview in Rio - APPROVED!!!

06-02-2010: POE in Washington DC - Finally home!

July 30, 2010 - Received the Green Card after receiving 4 welcome letters! USCIS see ya later!

2 YEARS LATER......

03-02-2012: Elegible to lift conditions
06-02-2012: Temporary GC expires

12-20-2012: Permanent GC received

6 MONTHS LATER......

06/03/2013: n400 Filled

10/22/2013: Citizenship test and oath ceremony

Timeline

What did you send them? Did your wife go to the station or got the online one?

I sent the report we got online and it was just fine. If you got it online, did you validated at the website?

She got hers from the local Federal Police station not online. Did yours show both Married name and madien name? Hers showed only married name but her maiden name is still part of her full name. Any way she went back to the local federal police station today and they said what she submitted to NVC did not have the official seal or stamp. So she ordered 2 new ones and she will get it Monday I hope it works lots of time being wasted ):

Please tell me if the one you submitted had both your married name and maiden name?

muito obrigado!

ate ja

Timeline

Mine had my married name, but my maiden name is part of it.... for example:

Angelina Jolie -> maiden name

Angelina Jolie Pity -> married name.

I just added my husband's last name. And that's all. The certificate was accepted.

ps- can't she get it online though?

Because if she can, you could do it for her and print it out. Since you are in the US (I'm assuming) it would be faster to respond the RFE.

just an idea....

I-130 timeline:

NVC Journey:

July 30, 2010 - Received the Green Card after receiving 4 welcome letters! USCIS see ya later!

2 YEARS LATER......

6 MONTHS LATER......

Timeline

Dear MSilva,

here are copies of the certificates that we presented. I edited the beneficiary for privacy reasons:

THIS IS THE FEDERAL

policiafederalfront.jpg

THIS IS THE ESTADUAL

policiaestadofront.jpg

Hope it helped.

Thanks so much this is what I needed!

Timeline

Mine had my married name, but my maiden name is part of it.... for example:

Angelina Jolie -> maiden name

Angelina Jolie Pity -> married name.

I just added my husband's last name. And that's all. The certificate was accepted.

ps- can't she get it online though?

Because if she can, you could do it for her and print it out. Since you are in the US (I'm assuming) it would be faster to respond the RFE.

just an idea....

Yes her name is the same format as yours. As my last name was added to her full name which makes a very long name now.

You gave me a good idea maybe she could step me thru the website I could print and send to NVC. She already ordered another Federal Police report from the Federal Police Station where she lives. The man said the report she sent NVC was missing the official stamp or seal. The thing is I think they won’t like it because it has the name of her town below the heading. Whats not fair is the operator at NVC told me she did not know what was wrong with the one we sent as she did not have our case file in front of her. So I did not push them instead i e-mailed the US Consulate a copy of the police report asking them to tell me whats wrong with it.I hope they reply.

Thanks!!

Timeline

I see. Well, I'd just print it off the website and mail it to NVC first thing on Monday.

I'm sure they will accept it, since this is what I did and it was just fine. She can also bring the one she requested for the interview though.

Good luck

I-130 timeline:

NVC Journey:

2 YEARS LATER......

6 MONTHS LATER......

Timeline

I see. Well, I'd just print it off the website and mail it to NVC first thing on Monday.

I'm sure they will accept it, since this is what I did and it was just fine. She can also bring the one she requested for the interview though.

Good luck

Did you have it notarized? And did you have to sign it? Also was the police report in the form of a pdf file.

Thanks!

Timeline

she need it to be notarized from the cartorio and confirm the signature.

that's why maybe they didn't accept it.

Boa Sorte...

Hi,

The Federal Police Report we sent NVC was notarized but it was missing a special green seal that has a serial number on it. Unfortunately the operator could not confirm what was wrong with it. I did not want to push them to hard on the issue. So we will send two different kinds one from the online Policia Federal and another from the local branch of Federal police of her town with the green serialized seal.

Thanks

Timeline

Hi,

The Federal Police Report we sent NVC was notarized but it was missing a special green seal that has a serial number on it. Unfortunately the operator could not confirm what was wrong with it. I did not want to push them to hard on the issue. So we will send two different kinds one from the online Policia Federal and another from the local branch of Federal police of her town with the green serialized seal.

Thanks

Update: The American Consulate in RIO e-mails me back with the words apparently the Federal Police Report You sent was correct. I requested they help me fix this problem with NVC.

• 2 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I'm posting under the forum of CR-1, even though I'm applying for K1. I'm a bit confused regarding the criminal records from the SSP (State) and Federal one. I lived all my life in Santa Catarina, and for the last years I moved to Rio de Janeiro. I already got my criminal records from SSP-SC (Santa Catarina) and I'm going to get the criminal records from SSP-RJ (Rio de Janeiro) and Federal Police this week.

If everything is correct, my criminal records from SSP-SC already have the "reconhecimento de firma - da assinatura da Delegada" the one that made the signature on the document.

My question is: What does notarized mean? Any Brazilian can tell me what that would be, when we go to ask for at the cartório? What be Notarized = Reconhecer Firma?

Thanks!

Rafael and Sara

Edited by Rafa & Sara

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.