LvivLovers

10 Yr. Green Card received

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Yes!!!!! The DHS and USCIS will be off our backs for another year! Oleksandra just finished classes for another semester and just has exams. Right after that, she's going back to Ukraine for several weeks for the first time since coming to the USA. Exciting times! biggrin.gif

Wife's visa journey:

03/19/07: Initial mailing of I-129F.

07/07/11: U.S. Citizenship approved and Oath Ceremony!

MIL's visa journey:

07/26/11: Initial mailing of I-130.

05/22/12: Interview passed!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Yes!!!!! The DHS and USCIS will be off our backs for another year! Oleksandra just finished classes for another semester and just has exams. Right after that, she's going back to Ukraine for several weeks for the first time since coming to the USA. Exciting times! biggrin.gif

Cool man!!!!! Sounds like things are going well for you two!!!! What and where is she studying in A town? Best Wishes David

Still waiting on Vermont to wake up.

David Lee Swann

aka doc

Vermont

Sent -03/01/2010

Got -03/04/2010

Touched 03/09/2010

Noa 03/10/2010

NOA2 05/20/2010

Left NVC 05/25/2010

Timeline

Cool man!!!!! Sounds like things are going well for you two!!!! What and where is she studying in A town? Best Wishes David

Still waiting on Vermont to wake up.

She's currently at GSU.

The VSC is sooooo much slower than CSC. Sad thing was when we were trying to get our visa VSC was way quicker than CSC...of course at that time we were stuck at CSC. I don't know it was coincedence or not but it was almost 3 months to the day waiting. Hopefully they are finally getting their butts in gear and you won't have to wait as long! GL!

Wife's visa journey:

MIL's visa journey:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Excellent news!

11/13/2009 -- Mailed I-129F

11/17/2009 -- Received NOA 1

02/10/2010 -- NOA 2 Mailed

02/16/2010 -- NOA 2 Received (via email)

02/19/2010 -- Petition forwarded to Moscow

04/23/2010 -- Scheduled Interview - SUCCESS

07/20/2010 -- Entrance to USA POE Anchorage

08/21/2010 -- Wedding

11/04/2010 -- Mailed AOS

01/25/2011 -- AOS Interview - SUCCESS

Member of the RUB group, where high horses meet low brows.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Did she have a degree when she came? How did she end up trans her degree? Did she come into Atl and did she get a 90 ead card there? I have the cat ready to go now!! Thanks for you info on that. David

David Lee Swann

aka doc

Vermont

Sent -03/01/2010

Got -03/04/2010

Touched 03/09/2010

Noa 03/10/2010

NOA2 05/20/2010

Left NVC 05/25/2010

Timeline

Thanks all! Brad, salty fish isn't the only stinky thing she eats! She loves to eat whole garlic cloves as well as onions...she's sort of a health food nut and eats anything that is supposed to have benefits.

Did she have a degree when she came? How did she end up trans her degree? Did she come into Atl and did she get a 90 ead card there? I have the cat ready to go now!! Thanks for you info on that. David

She did not have a degree...just a couple years of college. When we knew what college she was interested in attending here, we checked what their application process was. In her case, she took some type of English test to determine her level. It wasn't quite good enough to be accepted outright, but they had an option to take Intensive English Courses. She tested inthe highest of 5 levels there so only need 1 semsester of these classes. She had brought all her academic records from Ukraine...we had to send those to be evaluated by a company that her college specified. Their evaluation showed how many credits transferred. Since it was more than 32 (if I remember correctly), she was considered an international transfer student or something like that. Anyway, armed with that course evaluation and having completed the Intensive English Program, she was accepted into the university. So basically, you just have to talk to the college you are interested in, and find out given your situation how she would be classified, what evaluations she would need to do, etc.

She came into Atlanta with a cat and a dog...no problems at all there. We got her luggage, the cat, and the dog and went through immigration in about 10-15 minutes. I don't believe we got any kind of EAD. We applied for her AOS, EAD, etc. all at the same time right after she arrived.

Let me know if you have any other questions and I'll see if I can dig up the answers! It's been a while so I've already started to forget a little bit, I must confess.

Wife's visa journey:

MIL's visa journey:

Thanks all! Brad, salty fish isn't the only stinky thing she eats! She loves to eat whole garlic cloves as well as onions...she's sort of a health food nut and eats anything that is supposed to have benefits.

Vika too. She makes a dish with cooked eggplant that is SO loaded with garlic and onions. The stench is so foul that it almost drives me from the room. I am getting a little more used to it, but phew! As I mentioned earlier, the salty fish in Ukraine is better, and I can even stomach a bite or two.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.