yasar

Contacting U.S. Embassy/Consular Section in Islamabad

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi,

I have been unable to contact the Consular section in Islamabad despite many tries between 12:30-3:30 Pakistan time for several days. Is there any other means or times to contact them? They are not responding to my mails either. Appreciate sharing your experiences.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I would try calling as soon as the lines were open. Also, once you are through to the designated line and you hear the automated voice say something like 'sorry all lines are busy'....press that number again for that line....like it says press 1 for immigrant and 2 for non-immigrant or something....press your line number again....it might say sorry all lines are busy....be persistent....sometimes I would hear that message 20 times and finally the phone call would get through to an operator. you do not need to disconnect and re-try. Try this strategy. and best time to call it precisely at 12:30 or right before the time ends. it would also work to call right after they return from lunch or call on a Friday when most people are busy. All the best.

Hi,

I have been unable to contact the Consular section in Islamabad despite many tries between 12:30-3:30 Pakistan time for several days. Is there any other means or times to contact them? They are not responding to my mails either. Appreciate sharing your experiences.

My Timeline

I-130:

Sent: May 19th 2008

NOA2: July 21st 2008

NVC

Received: July 24th 2008

Case completed: August 13th 2008

Interview: October 7th 2008

Green card received: January 20th 2009

I-751

Sent: October 6th 2010

Approval: January 28th 2011

Green Card received: February 3rd 2011

Timeline

I would try calling as soon as the lines were open. Also, once you are through to the designated line and you hear the automated voice say something like 'sorry all lines are busy'....press that number again for that line....like it says press 1 for immigrant and 2 for non-immigrant or something....press your line number again....it might say sorry all lines are busy....be persistent....sometimes I would hear that message 20 times and finally the phone call would get through to an operator. you do not need to disconnect and re-try. Try this strategy. and best time to call it precisely at 12:30 or right before the time ends. it would also work to call right after they return from lunch or call on a Friday when most people are busy. All the best.

Thanks.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi,

salaam dear brother yasar i m going to tell some methode to get hold on embassy phone...

when u dial embassy number and when it connected then directly dial 221 till the live person talk to u. :rofl:

ok

Thank

ARMANI KHAN

event.png

event.png

Timeline

salaam dear brother yasar i m going to tell some methode to get hold on embassy phone...

when u dial embassy number and when it connected then directly dial 221 till the live person talk to u. :rofl:

ok

Thank

ARMANI KHAN

Thanks Armani khan brother. I will try this next time. Also, the other one that S_AL_ brother mentioned above did work for me as well.

Thank you both.

• 3 months later...
Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

@ yasar:

Im guessing that you have applied for F1 visa. Me too. I got through to the person in the Embassy on the phone but it was no help. I asked him when I will get my passport back and he said its still in process and he doesnt know the date himself. It was less than a 10 second call and he was no help. And I had been calling Embassy for more than an hour when I finally got through.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.