police certificate from JAPAN

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

God speed! just looking for friends here at this site..I am from Cebu City and new in here. We just got our NOA1 last march 31, 2010...anyways can i ask for some help on how you get your police certificate from japan? I have worked there for one year..how long it takes to have them in our hands? how many days? i am so worried about it and hope i could get in with no problem.

Reply would be much appreciated...Good luck to everyone.

thanks

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

I'm not from Philippines but I found this postsmile.gif

My fiancee just went through the process of applying for the Japanese police clearance in Manila. You are correct that you have to obtain a request letter from the US embassy first. Once you have your Manila case number (NVC letter) take that and your NOA2 to the US embassy. Go to Window X and ask for a "request letter for a Japanese police clearance". It took about two hours before the letter was ready. Take that letter to the Japanese embassy. Once there they will send you to Camp Crame (not sure of spelling) to get fingerprints. Bring the form back to the Japanese embassy and that is all. They told my fiancee it will take approximately 45 days. It is an easy process but you cannot apply until you receive your NOA2 / NVC letter.

I hope this helps. PM me if you have any specific questions.

My Fiancee and I went to the Manila Embassy in 1st week of Nov 09. I had the NOA2. I told the guard that we were there for letter requesting the Japan police clearance. We went to Window X(If you are unsure which window to use just ask the guard) and I told the lady what we needed and handed her the NOA2. She told us to take a seat. We waited no longer than 15 minutes then we were called for the request letter. We then went to Japan embassy and my Fiance told them what was needed and gave them the request letter. She had to fill out some info, Turn that back in. Then they called her up and gave her the Finger print card and told us we had to go to Camp Crane and be fingerprinted. Once we got there we were informed that we had to go to the bank,They will tell you where it is located, To pay the fee and bring back prof of payment. After all was done we then went back to the Japan Embassy and turned all this information over to them. They told my fiancee that it would take about 45 days to receive it and they would call her when to pick it up. The Japan embassy called her around Jan 20th and told her it would be ready for pickup on Jan 6th,2010. It will be sealed and addressed to the U.S embassy so do not open it once you receive it. It will also be in English so you do not have to worry about having it translated. We know this cause we asked this ? when applying for it.

Now this is the good part. When we went to the bank on Camp Crane to pay the fee for the finger printing the computers were down at the bank. We went back to the police station and my Fiancee asked the lady for help stating the she was from Cagayan De Oro and I was leaving the following day thus this was the only time we could do this. All this was true. The lady was very nice, She accepted the payment there, Gave us a receipt for payment and took care of our needs. I gave her a nice tip for her help.

We started out at 9am going to the U.S Embassy and finished everything at 3:30pm that day. Make sure you plan all day for this unless you want to finish it up the next day.

Hope this information helps you. Good Luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My Fiancee and I went to the Manila Embassy in 1st week of Nov 09. I had the NOA2. I told the guard that we were there for letter requesting the Japan police clearance. We went to Window X(If you are unsure which window to use just ask the guard) and I told the lady what we needed and handed her the NOA2. She told us to take a seat. We waited no longer than 15 minutes then we were called for the request letter. We then went to Japan embassy and my Fiance told them what was needed and gave them the request letter. She had to fill out some info, Turn that back in. Then they called her up and gave her the Finger print card and told us we had to go to Camp Crane and be fingerprinted. Once we got there we were informed that we had to go to the bank,They will tell you where it is located, To pay the fee and bring back prof of payment. After all was done we then went back to the Japan Embassy and turned all this information over to them. They told my fiancee that it would take about 45 days to receive it and they would call her when to pick it up. The Japan embassy called her around Jan 20th and told her it would be ready for pickup on Jan 6th,2010. It will be sealed and addressed to the U.S embassy so do not open it once you receive it. It will also be in English so you do not have to worry about having it translated. We know this cause we asked this ? when applying for it.

Now this is the good part. When we went to the bank on Camp Crane to pay the fee for the finger printing the computers were down at the bank. We went back to the police station and my Fiancee asked the lady for help stating the she was from Cagayan De Oro and I was leaving the following day thus this was the only time we could do this. All this was true. The lady was very nice, She accepted the payment there, Gave us a receipt for payment and took care of our needs. I gave her a nice tip for her help.

We started out at 9am going to the U.S Embassy and finished everything at 3:30pm that day. Make sure you plan all day for this unless you want to finish it up the next day.

Hope this information helps you. Good Luck!

thank you for the reply. I really appreciate it. hearing these things make our feelings good. But Is it also possible to get a police certificate in local embassy like here in Cebu City? How will be the step? sorry for taking a bit of your time. thanks

thank you for the reply. I really appreciate it. hearing these things make our feelings good. But Is it also possible to get a police certificate in local embassy like here in Cebu City? How will be the step? sorry for taking a bit of your time. thanks

You need the request letter from the U.S embassy to obtain the police clearance from the Japan embassy. Assuming that you have both these consul's in Cebu City then it is worth trying to get it there but I am unsure if this is possible. The steps taken would be the same as it would be doing it in Manila. Japan Embassy will require finger printing. I do know the Japan embassy in Manila made us go to Camp Crame for the fingerprinting cause they are a credited agency that the Japan Embassy recognizes.

• 1 month later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.