Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  


2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello Everyone,

I am new to this so I apologize if I am posting this in the wrong section I am not to familiar with this website yet. To make a long story short I have been with my husband for 4 years and married for 2 and a half, we also have a son that will be 3. He is from Mexico but I met him here in the US. He entered the US illegally in 2001, I am aware that this illegal and wrong but what can I say I fell in love with him. I have been wanting to get him his papers since the begining but since we were not financially stable is was not an option. He also is scared that they may deny him or bar him for 10 years because back in 2001 when he attempted to cross over illegally they caught him and told him to go back, he says that he also signed a paper?? He has never been in trouble and even pays taxes he is an excellent father and husband I just want to do things the right way.... I have heard that I could fill out the first couple forms myself so thats what I wanted to do and then for the harder stuff get an attorney... what do are your opinions on this?? I used to have a list of the forms and what order to file them in so I was wondering if anyone may be able to help me with this? Any help will be greatly appreciated, I would also like to hear other peoples situations or expierences! thanks!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

You need to head over to www.immigrate2us.net they are the absolute experts in Mexico I-601's.

The catch and release in 2001 does complicate things quite a bit. You are going to need to do an FOIA or a fingerprint check to make sure that it was just a catch and release and not a deportation (expedited removal.) Typically they do not deport people crossing from Mexico, but it does happen and in your case will make a HUGE difference. If it was a deportation and he entered anyway, he is not eligible for a waiver. . .if it was just a catch and release, then he's eligible for the pilot program which takes SIGNIFICANTLY less time than other countries. It all rests on what happened when he was stopped in 2001.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.