Fudpukker

Postal ID

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

After my Rose takes her Medical, St. Lukes is going to take hold of her passport. The only other form of Identification she will have left with her is her Postal ID, will this be enough for her to be able to board her plane to back to Leyte ?

She dont also have a voter's card or SSS card? (i think Mhay's voter's card has a photo on it)she should just need a valid ID to board the plane. I would also have her keep a copy of her bio page from her passport. You could also have her ask, but I dont think it has been an issue for other people. Passports are only needed when travelling outside the PI...not between islands.

Edited by Scott and Mhay

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

Filed: Other Country: Ukraine
Timeline

She can aslo get a credit card sized NBI ID card, that has her photo on it. If she already has her NBI Certificate, then she can take that to the NBI office and I think pay 150 pesos for NBI Card. That's what my girl used to board the planes after St Luke's and the CFO accepted that card for her ID. I read somewhere that some places don't accept postal ID. Also tell her to make photocopies of her passport before giving it up to St Luke's.... :thumbs:

~Johnny~

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

After my Rose takes her Medical, St. Lukes is going to take hold of her passport. The only other form of Identification she will have left with her is her Postal ID, will this be enough for her to be able to board her plane to back to Leyte ?

Maybe she should get a copy of her passport before she gives it to St. Lukes. And you can check at the airline company what IDs are acceptable for them.

They don't always accept postal ID's it happened to my mother.

We were approved

Love life and life will love you back. Love people and they will love you back.

Timeline

She dont also have a voter's card or SSS card? (i think Mhay's voter's card has a photo on it)she should just need a valid ID to board the plane. I would also have her keep a copy of her bio page from her passport. You could also have her ask, but I dont think it has been an issue for other people. Passports are only needed when travelling outside the PI...not between islands.

Yeah I think a copy of the biopage on her passport will do, its hard to believe that before she met me she didnt really have any legit ID except for her ID back in college.

Timeline

She can aslo get a credit card sized NBI ID card, that has her photo on it. If she already has her NBI Certificate, then she can take that to the NBI office and I think pay 150 pesos for NBI Card. That's what my girl used to board the planes after St Luke's and the CFO accepted that card for her ID. I read somewhere that some places don't accept postal ID. Also tell her to make photocopies of her passport before giving it up to St Luke's.... :thumbs:

That sound like one of the best ideas, I will call her right now to get herself a NBI card

some agencies and companies does not accept postal Id as a valid ID. get an NBI card @ NBI main in carriedo. It is good for a year. or photocopy of passport. :) goodluck!

happier than ever

Timeline

some agencies and companies does not accept postal Id as a valid ID. get an NBI card @ NBI main in carriedo. It is good for a year. or photocopy of passport. :) goodluck!

Do you know if it has to be at the MAIN NBI station ? She is from Leyte and will have to go to the NBI Tacloban which is about a 4 to 5 hr ride from where she lives.

Postal ID's can be faked that is why it's not really acceptable. Is she a member of SSS? Have her apply for SSS Card since you still got plenty of time. It's good to have at least 2 Id's. , NBI Card (which I didn't know existed until I bumped in this thread :P) & SSS card.

Good luck. :thumbs:

Timeline

Do you know if it has to be at the MAIN NBI station ? She is from Leyte and will have to go to the NBI Tacloban which is about a 4 to 5 hr ride from where she lives.

My girl got hers in Cebu. I have your girl call first before making long ride. Another thought is she can get the NBI in Manila before she does her medical.

~Johnny~

Timeline

I will speak from experience: I have flown from Cagayan de Oro to Manila and Manila to CDO a couple of times. I have used my POSTAL ID ever since, and I never had a problem. I have other ID's, including passport, but chose to present my postal ID, if in any event I lost it, I still have my major ID's.

Thanks

Timeline

I will speak from experience: I have flown from Cagayan de Oro to Manila and Manila to CDO a couple of times. I have used my POSTAL ID ever since, and I never had a problem. I have other ID's, including passport, but chose to present my postal ID, if in any event I lost it, I still have my major ID's.

Thanks

what airlines ?

Timeline

You know it really depends on what you need the ID for... I've read on several posts that CFO and other government type offices do not take a postal ID. We got the NBI card because we read several cases where the CFO would take a NBI Card as an official ID, and it worked for us because Wilma took her CFO after she passed her St Luke's and all PRISM CFO asked for was her NBI Card and photocopy of her passport. The main airlines in PI are PAL and Cebu Pacific. They probably are pretty relaxed with ID requirements for local travel.

~Johnny~

Timeline

Speaking of which may be a little off topic, I was at the NEVADA DMV turning in my WASHINGTON STATE drivers license in exchange for a NEVADA DRIVERS LICENSE, the attendant asked for proof of ID, I showed her my WASHINGTON STATE DL and she told me that the DMV does not accept DRIVERS LICENSES as a form of ID................how weird.......

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.