TheWebbys

Packet 3 question

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I read somewhere that there is a time limit on when you have to send the P3 and all related documents to the consulate or you have to file for an extension. I don't remember where I read it and I can't find it in the guides, but it said you only have 3 months to get it sent in. I need to know what the time schedule is, because if this is the case then we are about a month past due and don't know what to do from here. This is bad, very very bad :(

I married my British Husband strictly for financial purposes. My heart wrote a check and I cashed it. (L)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I read somewhere that there is a time limit on when you have to send the P3 and all related documents to the consulate or you have to file for an extension. I don't remember where I read it and I can't find it in the guides, but it said you only have 3 months to get it sent in. I need to know what the time schedule is, because if this is the case then we are about a month past due and don't know what to do from here. This is bad, very very bad :(

This belongs in the US Embassy and COnsulate Discussion.

The NOA2 you received with your I-129F petition approval has an expiration date of four months after the approval date. This date is routinely and automatically extended by a Consular Officer. This is clearly stated on the DOS web site under the section on K-1 Visas. I can find the link if you want.

You are NOT in any trouble. This is NOT bad.

But to be safe, send an email to the Embassy requesting the Automatic extension of the expiration date listed on your NOA2. This will let them know the petition is still active.

Good luck.

Naturalization N-400

Timeline

You need to email the London Embassy specifically. I do not know the email address for them. I only know the email addresses for the Bangkok Embassy.

You can look up at the top of the page and click on "Embassy Info" and locate the London Embassy info. It might be there. Also there are many people from VJ going through London so I would think you can contact other London people.

Someone will tell you this is unnecessary. You do not need to conatct the Embassy. But I did this because we need to delay our Packet 3 on purpose for 3 or 4 months.

Good luck

Naturalization N-400

Timeline

It wouldn't let me edit my previous posting.

I found this email address under the Listing for the United Kingdom, London...

E-Mail: LondonConsular@state.gov

Naturalization N-400

This is a good example of the need to seek out consulate specific advice -- Webbs, do you know where the UK forum is? Here's a link:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/99-united-kingdom/

London doesn't accept emails out of the blue.

You need to call the "extortion" line and explain your situation, and they will give you a code for the subject line of the email if they think it's important enough. I doubt that they'll give it to you for this without a good long (ticking meter) conversation.

I'm sure you'll call anyway, but I'll try to save you a few bucks regardless: London keeps your file open for about a year. Others have called with the exact same concern and were told not to worry about it.

Edited by Nik+Heather

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

This is a good example of the need to seek out consulate specific advice -- Webbs, do you know where the UK forum is? Here's a link:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/99-united-kingdom/

London doesn't accept emails out of the blue.

You need to call the "extortion" line and explain your situation, and they will give you a code for the subject line of the email if they think it's important enough. I doubt that they'll give it to you for this without a good long (ticking meter) conversation.

I'm sure you'll call anyway, but I'll try to save you a few bucks regardless: London keeps your file open for about a year. Others have called with the exact same concern and were told not to worry about it.

Yea, I finally found their info and found the email address and "usage" info with it. So far you both say it's going to be fine and you've always given me good advice in the past Nik+Heather... so I'm actually going to take your word for it and try to just chillllllll ....... *deep breaths* lol oh and lol@extortionline :lol:

I married my British Husband strictly for financial purposes. My heart wrote a check and I cashed it. (L)

Yea, I finally found their info and found the email address and "usage" info with it. So far you both say it's going to be fine and you've always given me good advice in the past Nik+Heather... so I'm actually going to take your word for it and try to just chillllllll ....... *deep breaths* lol oh and lol@extortionline :lol:

haha Yeah, well, I can understand the sort of frenzy which doesn't let anything go by without checking for yourself too. :)

I can't claim to have coined this nickname for the embassy info line, but I do find it to be quite funny.

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.