Mkandi

Newest Relationship Evidence Questions

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Hello,

I have a quick question regarding the language barriers at US consulates in foreign countries.

I just received my approved NOA2, so I sent out the copy of the I-129F to my Japanese fiance.

I know we have to submit newer relationship evidence, but since he will be interviewed at the Tokyo US consulate,

I didn't know if I have to send translation certificates of all our Japanese e-mails.

Since the consulate staff would have to know (at least some) Japanese and English, I'm not sure.

...And does anyone know what language they will be interviewed in? I'm hoping Japanese..

I'm sorry about my dumb questions! Thank you very much in advance!!!

My Timeline

2/1/2008: The day I met my Hubby-to-be

2/1/2009: Celebrated our first year anniversary!

12/25/2009: He proposed!

2/1/2010: Our second year anniversary!

1/12/2010: 129-F sent out to Vermont!

1/22/2010: NOA1 received

1/25/2010: Updated!

4/20/2010: Updated to Approved Status!

4/23/2010: NOA2 received!!

4/26/2010: Visa case forwarded to NVC

6/25/2010: Took care of new packets.

7/15/2010: Interview date set for August 23, 2010 @ 8:30 A.M!~

8/1/2010: Ordered police record!

8/9/2010: Police record pick up!

8/16/2010: Medical exam

8/22/2010: Interview in Tokyo Embassy!

8/26/2010: Passport received with visa!! PASSED! :)

11/1/2010: Masato comes to America~L.A POE

11/21/2010: OUR WEDDING! finally~!! :)

...Next step, AOS!

Best wishes to everyone in their own visa endeavors!

My timeline needs updating, it's outdated a bit! I will take care of it soon!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hello,

I have a quick question regarding the language barriers at US consulates in foreign countries.

I just received my approved NOA2, so I sent out the copy of the I-129F to my Japanese fiance.

I know we have to submit newer relationship evidence, but since he will be interviewed at the Tokyo US consulate,

I didn't know if I have to send translation certificates of all our Japanese e-mails.

Since the consulate staff would have to know (at least some) Japanese and English, I'm not sure.

...And does anyone know what language they will be interviewed in? I'm hoping Japanese..

I'm sorry about my dumb questions! Thank you very much in advance!!!

These are Embassy specific questions. It will be best if someone that has gone through Tokyo can also provide answers.

Normally, the Consulates will accept documentation in English AND the native language of the country they are in. Maybe not because the Consular Officer can speak some of the language but because they have many native workers from that country that can act as interpreters. I know this applies to Tokyo based on another posting.

Normally they try to interview in the language used by the USC and Fiance(e) for communicating to each other. But if the English of the Beneficiary is not up to par, they will get a translator and interview in Japanese. If you communicate only in Japanese with Fiance(e), they should interview in Japanese.

Naturalization N-400

If he doesn't understand English, the consular officer will conduct the interview in Japanese.

Immigration Process (DCF Japan)

08/06/2008 I-130 petition at Tokyo, Japan

08/13/2008 I-130 approved

|

| Waited until we were ready to move back

|

07/13/2009 IV interview at Tokyo, Japan

07/15/2009 IV(IR-1) in hand

Post-DCF

07/29/2009 POE at Las Vegas

08/17/2009 GC(10yrs) received

Click here for the detailed timeline.

Done with USCIS until

- naturalization in May 2012 or

- GC replacement in February 2019

CXmLm7.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.