addgelcat

once visa interview is done

11 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I have my immigration visa interview on 14 may 2010 at US counslate, london.

once my interview is over then what happens next?

would they issue me the visa same day? can i collect my passport myself or do they send it by courier?

Anyone who have gone through the same experience, can u please let me know ........ i am very anxious and worried.

Any suggestions on do's and dont's on the interview day for me????

many thanks

Hi everyone,

I have my immigration visa interview on 14 may 2010 at US counslate, london.

once my interview is over then what happens next?

would they issue me the visa same day? can i collect my passport myself or do they send it by courier?

Anyone who have gone through the same experience, can u please let me know ........ i am very anxious and worried.

Any suggestions on do's and dont's on the interview day for me????

many thanks

The passport is delivered by courier a few days after the interview. Not to upset you, but previous non-UK born persons who interviewed in London had additional processing (AP) before their visa was issued. Since you have the flag of India in your profile, I assume you were born in India. As I recall, it was 4-8 weeks of additional waiting after the interview. You might want to prepare yourself that you might not get your visa immediately.

This Wiki entry will give you some information about interview day. http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/Interviews_at_the_London_Embassy

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Not to upset you, but previous non-UK born persons who interviewed in London had additional processing (AP) before their visa was issued. Since you have the flag of India in your profile, I assume you were born in India. As I recall, it was 4-8 weeks of additional waiting after the interview.

Or longer. I'm British born and bred and it'll be ten weeks this Monday. It's much easier to deal with when you expect it than when it's a bolt from the blue. Good Luck!

Timeline

Or longer. I'm British born and bred and it'll be ten weeks this Monday. It's much easier to deal with when you expect it than when it's a bolt from the blue. Good Luck!

thanks for the input. I am really worried about my prospects of getting CR-1 visa early as I am indian citizen living in UK on work permit. HUH

I dont understand why do they take so long after interview to issue a visa? If they are doing checks, why dont they do it before schedulling a interview? This is very disappointing. Can anyone tell me how to contact them once the interview is over and they have my passport with them for issuing the visa. Have anyone tried to contact them? Is there anytimeline for that? ........ i am going mad.

You can call the DOS (department of state) at 1-202-663-1225, press 1, then 0 to speak to an operator, having your case number ready. You may also call the London embassy directly, but it's pretty expensive, like 2 pounds a minute or $15 for 7 minutes if calling from the U.S. and they don't like it if you call a ton.

Administrative processing is just a black hole that nobody can predict or really work their way out of; they just have to wait it out...there's not much anyone can do. People from the Middle-East, North Africa region can wait 6 months of extra processing time, some can wait years... I highly suggest you check out our waiver/administrative processing forum because there is a lot of good information on there for you to peruse and ask questions. It really sucks and I hope you make it through without it, but as Nich-Nick said, it's a very possible that it might occur.

Wishing you the best of luck!

Naturalization

9/9: Mailed N-400 package off

9/11: Arrived at Dallas, TX

9/17: NOA

9/19: Check cashed

9/23: Received NOA

10/7: Text from USCIS on status update: Biometrics in the mail

10/9: Received Biometrics letter

10/29: Biometrics

10/31: In-line

2/16: Text from USCIS that Baltimore has scheduled an interview...finally!!

2/24: Interview letter received

3/24: Naturalization interview

WHAT? That's insane! So so sorry to read about your experience. Are there any circumstances that you know of that might be causing you to be in AP?

Timeline Summary:

K-1/K-2 NOA1 - POE: 9 February - 9 July 2010

Married: 17 July 2010

AOS mailed - Interview : 22 November 2010 - 10 March 2011

ROC mailed - approved: 14 February - 18 June 2013

Citizenship mailed - ceremony: 9 February - 7 June 2017

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

Timeline

Hi,

just wannna ask, If i ask my wife to come with me at the time of interview, will it be a good idea ( i suppose so!!)? I have visa interview scheduled on 14 may at US embassy, london. Will they allow my wife (she is US citizen) to accompany me inside US consulate at the time of interview.

many thanks.

Yes, your wife is allowed to come to the interview; you just need to request it. It's not required of her, but could be a large benefit in helping prove that your relationship is real. You may still be put in AP, but if she can afford it, it wouldn't be bad thing at all.

Naturalization

9/9: Mailed N-400 package off

9/11: Arrived at Dallas, TX

9/17: NOA

9/19: Check cashed

9/23: Received NOA

10/7: Text from USCIS on status update: Biometrics in the mail

10/9: Received Biometrics letter

10/29: Biometrics

10/31: In-line

2/16: Text from USCIS that Baltimore has scheduled an interview...finally!!

2/24: Interview letter received

3/24: Naturalization interview

WHAT? That's insane! So so sorry to read about your experience. Are there any circumstances that you know of that might be causing you to be in AP?

I know :( The only thing I can think of is that as a child I lived in another part of the world whilst my parents were working there...and as I don't think that quite explains ten weeks (so far) of AP, I can't help but wonder if they've just lost my casefile or something :unsure:

My interview lasted three minutes, was told I was approved and that I'd get my passport back within a few days, possibly longer as there was a backlog, and it was only almost three weeks later when I called to see what had happened to my pasport that I found out that my application was suspended, and a phonecall to the DOS informed me I was in AP, aka 'the black hole'.

Timeline

Hi,

Thanks for letting me know that if my wife accompanies at the interview it would be large benefit in proving my relationship. BUT, as I was browsing through the counslar FAQ's on the US embassy, London website, it states :

Q: My spouse, who is a U.S. citizen, has filed the immigrant visa petition on my behalf. Is he/she required to attend the immigrant visa interview

with me?

A: No. There is no requirement that the U.S. citizen attend the immigrant visa interview. There is also no requirement that your spouse remain

in the United Kingdom until you are issued with your immigrant visa; he or she may travel to the United States ahead of you.

Does this means that the embassy doesnot want the beneficiary (husband) to take the petitioner (wife -USC)with him at the time of interview??

If my wife wants to come with me at the interview what should I have to do?

Do i request the US embassy to allow my wife to come with me or should I just go with my wife on the intreview date at the embassy and they would let her to accompany me inside the embassy.

many thanks.

Does this means that the embassy doesnot want the beneficiary (husband) to take the petitioner (wife -USC)with him at the time of interview??

If my wife wants to come with me at the interview what should I have to do?

Do i request the US embassy to allow my wife to come with me or should I just go with my wife on the intreview date at the embassy and they would let her to accompany me inside the embassy.

many thanks.

When you arrive at the embassy, you'll probably be surprised at the length of the queue. When you actually get inside, you'll see just how busy the place is. Generally speaking, the embassy would like as few people as possible to accompany the person being interviewed. They cannot really refuse to allow a USC in (although you should arrange it in advance), but it's not really necessary.

I was there alone, as were the other immigrant visa applicants, and we all had fairly short interviews. Mine was three minutes and it was approved. The fact that I am in AP has nothing to do with my interview, or the fact that my husband wasn't there. I wasn't even asked to provide any proof of our relationship - no photos, no phone bills or airline tickets etc, although I did have them with me. When I first spoke to the State Department about being in AP, they confirmed that they accepted my relationship was valid.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.