almostawesome

Medical Hurdle Question

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

So it has been 19 months since I mailed off the first piece of my K1 Visa application for my Vietnamese fiance. We passed the interview nearly a year ago, but the medical tests found latent tuberculosis, which required 9 months of medicine (which couldn't start for a couple months after the interview).

Doctors have assured us the tb is gone, but we are presently awaiting the results of a sputum test for another seven weeks.

My question is whether anyone has been through a similar situation, or have an idea what we ought to expect once the consulate gets her clean bill of health. My inquiries to the consulate at Ho Chi Minh City have yielded this frustrating response:

"Please wait until your fiancee completes her treatment and new medical result is available as we can’t take any action on her case until we receive new results showing that she has sucessfully completed the treatment.

At that point, we will instructe her what need to be done in order to complete her application."

Information was all I asked for, not action. Anyway, we have heard that there may be another interview, which is disconcerting. But we have also heard that everything moves quickly and easily after the consulate receives her results. Of course nothing has moved quickly or easily so far, but it will work out somehow/someday.

Anyway, any information you could share would be appreciated. I'm very curious to know if anyone has been through this before and could tell us what we might expect.

She was my waitress at a restaurant in Saigon: Nov. 2007

NOA1: Aug. 28 2008

Ho Chi Minh City Consulate Interview: May 18, 2009

Passed the Interview, now jumping through some medical hoops

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

The consulate told another member undergoing same treatment as your wife to stay in touch with the consulate every 6 months to keep the case alive...they have only been in treatment a few months now.

I havent seen a case where they have completed the treatment and then petition proceeded from there, yet...

Another couple did have to wait along time after the interview for the medical results... the medical was submitted in late Dec... they are still awaiting a decision by the CO.

Our prayers are for her successful treatment and recovery...good.gif

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

The results of the sputum test can take from 2 to 3 months. In our case, it took almost 3 months when ChoRay forwarded the results to the Consulate. We're still waiting for decision on our visa...

Keep in contact with the Consulate when they get the results from the hospital. The hospital may contact your beneficiary too, but keep email/walk-in the Consulate to find out.

Be patient and hoping the best for you...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.