Allamericankiwi

Ban head coverings

65 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

You are correct... but... if I don't believe as you do, then its culture...

Which begs the point, why go to a country that does not believe as you do? Why go there if not to embrace that culture? Why go anywhere that the culture does not suit you?? The whole point in going to another country to live your life is because you want to be like them!

You simply cannot recreate your homeland in a different country. If thats what you want then stay in your homeland and change things there to suit you.

To head out to a different country and have any expectation that others there, should change their ways and laws to suit you, is a totally unrealistic expectation...

hmmm im a citizen of the usa i didnt bring my Religion from another country it was always here in the USA as i said before greatest thing about the USA is freedom of religion....now lets move on to something else i dont come on here and berate or criticize women or men that show everything God gave them...i find that offensive but its none of my business there is no law against it just as there is no law about how i make the choice to live my life or dress out of being pious its easy to ridicule what you have no wish to understand and make snap judgments just like the assumption that i brought my religion to this country.....

sara

It's ridiculous to think that anyone that fanatical wants to be in a western country.

69181927.EKj8Q5fP.burka.jpg

burka.jpg

france-burqa-cp-6902119.jpg

Edited by Booyah!

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Faith should be expressed in the home or place of worship. NOT in public!

Why you ask? Because people who do not believe as you believe, may find it offensive.

That is dubious. It's one thing to he confronted ny fanatics or fundamentalists trying to force their opinion down your throay, quite another to suggest that religious practice should be confined to the home. Aren't religious buildings "public".

You have no right to not be offended. If I were you I'd be more concerned about a guy who tarts near you in a restaurant than on what someone is wearing. Admittedly it gets a bit murky when you start talking about naturists, but still...

That is dubious. It's one thing to he confronted ny fanatics or fundamentalists trying to force their opinion down your throay, quite another to suggest that religious practice should be confined to the home. Aren't religious buildings "public".

You have no right to not be offended. If I were you I'd be more concerned about a guy who tarts near you in a restaurant than on what someone is wearing. Admittedly it gets a bit murky when you start talking about naturists, but still...

Actually I do. I have just as much right to freedom FROM religion as anyone else does for freedom OF religion....

Edited by PhiLandShiR

kp7cnfvctuzu.png

diversity, diversity, diversity is what the good old USA is all about

sara

It's ridiculous that some with that sort of adherence to their beliefs or religion would want to live in western nations.

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Timeline

It's ridiculous that some with that sort of adherence to their beliefs or religion would want to live in western nations.

isnt it great that we live in the USA where you have the same right to your opinion that I have to mine?

sara

isnt it great that we live in the USA where you have the same right to your opinion that I have to mine?

sara

Sure is!! As long as your opinion does not impact me that is ...

kp7cnfvctuzu.png

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Actually I do. I have just as much right to freedom FROM religion as anyone else does for freedom OF religion....

I don't think you really understand what is meant by freedom from religion.

It doesn't mean that religious people shouldn be barred from going out in public.

sara

It's not a matter of opinion but a matter of logic. What is someone like that going to do? Sue their way through life. I sure as hell would never employ someone like that. Lets face it, as wouldn't most people.

The rest of the first world is just waking up and realizing that anything goes does not work because before you know it, your country is changed to suit someone else. That is not what immigration is about. Immigration should not mean I move to China and expect the Chinese cater for me. If I move to China, I should cater for the Chinese. Ironically something that is forced upon others in a number of Muslim countries.

Timeline

It's not a matter of opinion but a matter of logic. What is someone like that going to do? Sue their way through life. I sure as hell would never employ someone like that. Lets face it, as wouldn't most people.

The rest of the first world is just waking up and realizing that anything goes does not work because before you know it, your country is changed to suit someone else. That is not what immigration is about. Immigration should not mean I move to China and expect the Chinese cater for me. If I move to China, I should cater for the Chinese. Ironically something that is forced upon others in a number of Muslim countries.

the women that make the choice to wear the complete veil know what they are giving up here on earth but for them it is not as important as what they feel they will receive in the after life.....im not going tell them they are wrong as its a personal choice.....they know they can not drive, get a passport with out a lot of problems or travel with out a lot of problems or work.....thats a devotion that i only wish i had......they are not trying to change you or anyone they are only following what they believe to be the correct way for them on the flip side of that i would never tell a prostitute she is wrong no matter how i feel about it.....it is their personal choice as to how they live their life again this is what is so great about our country

sara

Sure is!! As long as your opinion does not impact me that is ...

what i believe or my opinion should have no impact on you at all.....as we all have the ability to ignore what we dont like

sara

the women that make the choice to wear the complete veil know what they are giving up here on earth but for them it is not as important as what they feel they will receive in the after life.....im not going tell them they are wrong as its a personal choice.....they know they can not drive, get a passport with out a lot of problems or travel with out a lot of problems or work.....thats a devotion that i only wish i had......they are not trying to change you or anyone they are only following what they believe to be the correct way for them on the flip side of that i would never tell a prostitute she is wrong no matter how i feel about it.....it is their personal choice as to how they live their life again this is what is so great about our country

sara

what i believe or my opinion should have no impact on you at all.....as we all have the ability to ignore what we dont like

sara

If they are aware that their dress and/or behavior causes problems then why do they sue the states to allow them to do the very things they acknowledged they were giving up???

Here is where your, or their, opinions cause me problems. We can't simply ignore law suits or people wandering around with ID cards that don't in fact provide Identification...

kp7cnfvctuzu.png

How could someone look at a woman wearing a burka and not feel sick. I have no doubt in my mind had those woman not grown up in a testosterone driven society they wouldn't be wearing burkas. I feel for what France is trying to do here but Im not sure this is the way to go about it.

Edited by _Simpson_