niceman123

NVC'S MISTAKE ON PETITIONER'S NAME

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi,

I have few questions:

1 - My wife and I just received AOS FORMS and I - 864 AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT FEE OF $70.00 We just noticed that they typed my (husband - petitioner's) name wrong. What would be the procedure to correct it?

2- I already took the action of emailing them to correct my name for any further process that they may have at their end and also paid my $70.00 ( in process currently to show as paid). However, in rush I mistakenly typed my last name wrong in the email that I sent to them to request them to correct my name. They had made a mistake on my first name. So I went to my sent folder and forwarded that sent email to them again to tell them to " please disregard the email I jsut sent to you." and re-sent one new email to correct my name with everything correct in it that showed how they have spelled my name wrong and to correct it in the way it is supposed to be. Do you think I did the right thing? Did I confuse the process? Is it going to be a big deal that I made a mistake on my original email? My wife as well sent an eamil out to them to correct my name after I sent a wrong email to them and also sent an email to NVC to make me as an agent for the further process. She also had sent an actual documents to them the same day in post mail to them.

What do you think about the above steps I took? Did I take proper steops? Will I be facing any difficulties in the further process? Will they make me re-do everything since it was a mistake at their part? Will it make the process lenghty now that they have made a mistake and have to correct it? What should be by next steps?

I have started to take steps towards my I-864. Can someeone please explain the next steps to me from I-864 onwards what will happen?

Sorry, I have lots of questions all at ones. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Best Regards.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I'd just call NVC directly and make sure the operator updates the information regarding your names.

Good luck and join the NVC April 2010 thread,ya? :thumbs:

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

Filed: Timeline

I'd just call NVC directly and make sure the operator updates the information regarding your names.

Good luck and join the NVC April 2010 thread,ya? :thumbs:

yea just got it last friday... and found out about the mistake... when is yours? you already have your AOS done and paid all the fees? What do I do now that I already have paid the bills? What is the next step? just mail I-864 and all the supporting documents to NVC after my $70 shows paid on website?

Also, should I get my wife to fill out and mail me DS 230 part 1? I think after I send 864, NVC will send me DS230 PART ONE AND TWO and don't know what else to fill out............. if you have any ideas then do tell me....

THANKS,

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Pay attention, non-EP NVC noobs. Here's Christeen's time tested formula to get you through NVC in one piece alive:

Petitioner: Get NVC # + give operator your email IDs + receive AOS fee bill + pay 70$ online + wait to show paid + print cover sheet + send I-864 AOS with all documents and case # written on each page.

Beneficiary: Get NVC# + receive DS3032 + send DS3032+ DS3032 accepted + IV fee bill available to be paid + pay & wait to show paid + print IV cover sheet + mail DS230 package with all original/certified documents

= wait for case complete + wait for interview to be scheduled.

Suggestions:

1) Have the beneficiary mail SIGNED extra DS230s to you so that you have them handy in case something goes wrong. Or you get hit by a dreaded RFE.

2) If you just received your NOA2, THIS is the time to get your tax stuff and police certificates sorted out. Don't waste time on this.

3) Double check the PCC requirements in the regional forums as they are country specific.

4) Check the pinned STUPID RFEs thread in IR-1/CR-1 forum before sending in your packages.

5) Mail your DS230 package to your USC spouse as soon as you get your NOA2. That way he/she can overnight it to NVC as soon as the IV bill clears.

6) Get your taxes, employment letter, paystubs, PCCs, civil documents etc. while you wait for the NOA2.

Currently the # of business days NVC is taking:

3-4 days for NVC to receive your case and assign a case #.

3-4 days to receive emailed links after case # has been assigned and email addresses been given to NVC operator.

1-2 days for the AOS bill to show as PAID.

1-3 days for DS3032 to be accepted.

1-2 days for IV bill to be PAID.

8-11 days for case complete after all your documents have been sent in.

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

• 9 years later...
On 4/27/2010 at 4:23 PM, gina_raluca said:

Hi, In regard to the misspelled name: I sent them a photocopy of my mom's biographic page from her passport. They changed the name according to that. You may call them to see if they are willing to change it immediately.

Hi, how long did the NVC correct you mom misspelled name? coz I have a problem on that and is it okay if we summit the DS-260 and AOS form even if its misspelled? i hope you reply back. thank you.

I sent them an email and they got back to me after 2 weeks and they said they corrected it. By then my application had already been closed and reached the embassy. So don't worry too much if the name is misspelled, it's a common occurrence.

Friday, August 10th, 2018 - Mailed I-130

Friday, August 24th, 2018 - Remailed I-130

Wednesday, August 29th, 2018 - Available for Pickup

Wednesday, August 29th, 2018 - Picked up

Friday, August 31st, 2018 - Payment Accepted

Tuesday, September 4th, 2018 - NOA1

Tuesday, April 16th, 2019 - NOA2 (USPS Mail)

Monday, April 22nd, 2019 - Sent to USCIS (Status Available Online)

Monday, May 20th, 2019 - NVC Case Number Generated

Monday, May 20th, 2019 - AOS/IV Paid

Wednesday, May 22nd, 2019 - Payment Received

Monday, June 3rd, 2019 - Documents Submitted

Thursday, June 20th, 2019 - (RFE) Issues with Documents

Thursday, June 27th, 2019 - Documents Re-submitted

Friday, July 19th, 2019 - Documents Qualified

Monday, August 19th, 2019 - Interview Letter
Tuesday, September 3rd, 2019 - Interview Date

Friday, September 6th, 2019 - Visa Pickup From Document Service Center

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.