Tater&Bugger

Honeymoon...

43 posts in this topic

If you guys want to go to Hawaii before getting your green cards, you have to fly right there and back... since crossing the ocean takes you out of the country.

Just keep that in mind.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

And that's my worry.... if something comes up, like say, I dunno........... say a volcano eruption.

See profile for our K-1 Visa/AOS story from 2010-2011Apparently we love USCIS/NVC so much we left and are doing it again! This time giving IR-1 a whirl. Rock on immigrators.

07/09/2014 sent in IR-1 packet to Chicago Lockbox

07/16/2014 NOA1

07/17/2014 check cashed by USCIS

10/01/2014 found out we are expecting baby #2 June 2015!

12/15/2014 NOA2

12/30/2014 Case received by NVC

03/23/2015 Received Case and Inv # from NVC after many calls and bogus excuses.

03/24/2015 AOS payment accepted by NVC

04/09/2015 IV payment finally accepted by NVC after the set the wrong fee and took weeks to correct it.

*many more delays thanks to the agency processing my fingers prints to the RCMP and the post office losing our mail*

05/20/2015 Packet sent to NVC via UPS, eta May 28.

06/16/2015 Baby #2 due - homebirth in Scottsdale, AZ

Another good reason to wait for your green card and do a cruise instead, you can escape to the ship :lol:

Also it's cheaper. No flights to pay (If you live near the place it starts) and you don't have to pay for food/hotel on the island.

And my favourite part of cruises.... UNLIMITED FOOD! 24/7, whatever you want, and room service is included. Oh I love cruises.

The room stewards also make your towels into funky animals. It's just great.

I suggest Carnival Cruislines, though I dont know if they do a Hawaiian cruise.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Timeline

Cruises aren't really our style at this time I don't think. I love travelling and the freedom to travel, we're so lucky we are from countries where we can do that. I just spent 3 weeks travelling through Zanzibar, Kenya, Uganda and Rwanda. AMAZING! We still have plans to visit Australia, Machu Picchu and Japan over the next 5-7 years. I'd worked for a tour operator and airline (had a dept in the admin section) for over 3 years and have been to the Caribbean at least 15 times, work and pleasure. I've seen some of the best places you can stay... WOW. In total, I've been to 22 countries. So as you can see, it's not really fair for me to decide where we go for our honeymoon when my fiance has travelled little throughout the US, and only been to Hawaii and Iraq :( so it's not really fair for me to pick where we go. I just loooooove hearing people's stories and since he relies on my knowledge to make his decision on this subject, everyone's feedback is super. Based on his wants "to be on the hot sunny beach drinking something fancy showing off my beach bod to my wife", and time to travel/budget (although if we make out ideal wedding date we have over a month off afterwards) I think the Keys are in the lead!

And we'll be living near Fort Drum NY for at least the first year... good only for cruises on the 1000 Islands WHICH technically bring you into Canadian waters haha.

See profile for our K-1 Visa/AOS story from 2010-2011Apparently we love USCIS/NVC so much we left and are doing it again! This time giving IR-1 a whirl. Rock on immigrators.

07/16/2014 NOA1

12/15/2014 NOA2

04/09/2015 IV payment finally accepted by NVC after the set the wrong fee and took weeks to correct it.

*many more delays thanks to the agency processing my fingers prints to the RCMP and the post office losing our mail*

My wife and I never had a honeymoon when we got married last year. So instead, we're planning on doing Christmas in the Virgin Islands this year. Should be fun. :)

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

------------------------------------------

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Wow, you've been to more places than I probably will be in my whole life!

Though, instead of Hawaii my husband and I are considering saving up 5000 dollars or so and visiting Taiwan and Japan between 3 weeks. In the spring of course, I can't miss those cherry blossoms.

And I'd like to visit the country he came from. He hasnt been there for 15+ years.

Timeline

There are so many fantastic places to visit

07/16/2014 NOA1

12/15/2014 NOA2

Tater...yes we did pick that date for the 10/11/12. I guess the big date this year is 10/10/10. Don't think we may have the visa in time for that.

Cruises are great! I have been on 3 & am going on one again in 5 days! On this cruise we can personally thank the man (Kid Rock)responsible for bringing us together!!!! (L)(L)(L)

I would love to do a Hawaii cruise but the flight is more than the cruise! I would be cool to see all the islands in one trip!

OUR TIMELINE AND K1 JOURNEY

Sept 4, 2009...We meet in Toronto, Canada at a Kid Rock concert
Feb 19, 2010...NOA1 recieved in mail
May 19, 2010...NOA2 (92 days)
Sept 24, 2010...Interview! APPROVED! smile.png
Oct 29, 2010...POE--Buffalo, NY
Nov 10, 2010...Courthouse wedding in NY state
Dec 11, 2010...Beach wedding in Hawaii

Dec 09, 2010...NOA for AOS, EAD, AP
Feb 11, 2011...AOS & EAD approved smile.png
Feb 12, 2011...AP approved smile.png
Feb 18, 2011...Received GREEN CARD smile.png
Feb 18, 2011...Received AP
Feb 22, 2011...Received EAD

Nov 09, 2012...Sent in I-751, Removal of Conditions
Nov 14, 2011...NOA1
Dec 18, 2012...Biometrics

May 03, 2013...10 year GREEN CARD approved! yes.gif

Timeline

My wife and I never had a honeymoon when we got married last year. So instead, we're planning on doing Christmas in the Virgin Islands this year. Should be fun. :)

Yvonne and I had a sorta-honeymoon, having stayed in Niagara-on-the-Lake for a week after we got married outside St. Catharines, though we'd been in NOTL before. Right after she moves (12 days!), we're going to spend 6 days in California, for some relaxation before she has to start work. :)

Pauley on Twitter

Pauley on Facebook

Wedding photos on Flickr

*** If you add me on Twitter or Facebook from here, let me know who you are so I don't ignore/block you out-of-hand 'cause I don't recognize you! :)

Yvonne and I had a sorta-honeymoon, having stayed in Niagara-on-the-Lake for a week after we got married outside St. Catharines, though we'd been in NOTL before. Right after she moves (12 days!), we're going to spend 6 days in California, for some relaxation before she has to start work. :)

Pauley...I see you're from Rochester. That is where my fiance lives. I will be moving there sometime this year!

OUR TIMELINE AND K1 JOURNEY

Sept 4, 2009...We meet in Toronto, Canada at a Kid Rock concert
Feb 19, 2010...NOA1 recieved in mail
May 19, 2010...NOA2 (92 days)
Sept 24, 2010...Interview! APPROVED! smile.png
Oct 29, 2010...POE--Buffalo, NY
Nov 10, 2010...Courthouse wedding in NY state
Dec 11, 2010...Beach wedding in Hawaii

Dec 09, 2010...NOA for AOS, EAD, AP
Feb 11, 2011...AOS & EAD approved smile.png
Feb 12, 2011...AP approved smile.png
Feb 18, 2011...Received GREEN CARD smile.png
Feb 18, 2011...Received AP
Feb 22, 2011...Received EAD

Nov 09, 2012...Sent in I-751, Removal of Conditions
Nov 14, 2011...NOA1
Dec 18, 2012...Biometrics

May 03, 2013...10 year GREEN CARD approved! yes.gif

Timeline

and I'll be in Watertown! LOL

07/16/2014 NOA1

12/15/2014 NOA2

Timeline

Pauley...I see you're from Rochester. That is where my fiance lives. I will be moving there sometime this year!

Awesome! Stay in touch -- I know one other couple in the Rochester area (who've been married too long to have been on LJ, to my knowledge); we can all share war stories over coffee after you move. :)

Pauley on Twitter

Pauley on Facebook

Wedding photos on Flickr

*** If you add me on Twitter or Facebook from here, let me know who you are so I don't ignore/block you out-of-hand 'cause I don't recognize you! :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I think that was my fiance's main idea: save on driving time to get there, extra hotel room for a night on the road, and save on gas. As he has been looking at the prices, we have seen that they truly aren't that different price wise, sadly. But somewhere other than where we will call home would be nice for a bit of time away.

We have found an awesome place to stay for a week. Since I am a Christian school teacher, this location gives us a discount price of $50 a night to stay in a 2 bedroom cabin in Roan Mountain, Tennessee.

Check out http://www.fairhavenministries.net/

If you or your fiance'/fiancee are a Christian worker (i.e. pastor, church school teacher, or other full-time church ministry worker or missionary), then it is $50 a night for a cabin. If you are not a Christian worker, then it is $70 a night for a cabin. The place looks perfect to "come and rest awhile".

I sent in my deposit today! My fiance' and I are going to stay there for a week. We have to make our own food but that is fine.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.