grooveman

Trying to Decide

3 posts in this topic

Here's our dilemna..

The wife has her interview in Montreal on May 13th. The original plan was to fly up there the weekend before, get the medical done on Monday and do the interview on Thursday.

Obviously the problem with this is that it is only 3 days before the interview so if there is a problem with the medical, we may not get it resolved before the actual interview.

So we thought, well ok we will drive the 14 hours to Vancouver and get it done next week. We have scheduled an appointment but I am having second thoughts since we really would prefer to make just one trip to get everything done.

I know the safe bet would be to go to Vancouver ahead of time, but worst case if we go to the Dr in Montreal and there is a problem, can we still complete the interview process and send the medical stuff afterward? How long might that delay the issuance of the visa if that happened?

Unfortunately we live in the void (Montana/Alberta border) between the East and West.

I still can't believe there are only 3 places in all of Canada to get the medical done, but that's the way it is I guess. :angry:

Thanks for the input!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Well you could but thats alot of money all kind of a waste really. I'd say stick with the original plan, I had a problem with my medical and it was the day before my interview. Wasn't that bad, still got a visa in the end. But up to you.

I-751 file: 11/07/11

NOA1 date: 11/10/11

Biometrics: 11/30/11

Approval: 08/17/12

Hold what you got and maintain.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

There used to be a panel physician in Calgary - there was pretty much one in every province, but they discontinued that in October of last year. Actually back until about 1999, they did interviews in Calgary as well.

However, obviously the U.S. Government is not interested in the hassle Canadians go through, so there you have it.

Anyway, yes, you can still attend the interview. Say there was a little delay getting the medical back, you would just be asked to forward it when you get it.

That's the easy part - the problem is that Montreal is VERY slow in reviewing any extra information you send, so you could be waiting a month or two before they get back to it - just need to take that in to consideration.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.