franklocks

Same day oath!

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hi Folks,

Can anyone tell if the San Francisco office offers same-day oath service? I am asking because I live 7-hrs drive from this local office and it would be a burden if I had go back on a later date for my oath ceremeony after my interview date. I would wish it is done same after interview and am successful. Your inputs are always welcome. :dance:

Hi Folks,

Can anyone tell if the San Francisco office offers same-day oath service? I am asking because I live 7-hrs drive from this local office and it would be a burden if I had go back on a later date for my oath ceremeony after my interview date. I would wish it is done same after interview and am successful. Your inputs are always welcome. :dance:

It is difficult to tell. When you arrive at the ASC, make sure you ask the IO (once you pass the civis exam) about the oath and if you can get in on the same day if they do have a ceremony. I looked back at July-December applicants but not enough data to get an answer....

good luck!

N-400 Naturalization Timeline

06/28/11 .. Mailed N-400 package via Priority mail with delivery confirmation

06/30/11 .. Package Delivered to Dallas Lockbox

07/06/11 .. Received e-mail notification of application acceptance

07/06/11 .. Check cashed

07/08/11 .. Received NOA letter

07/29/11 .. Received text/e-mail for biometrics notice

08/03/11 .. Received Biometrics letter - scheduled for 8/24/11

08/04/11 .. Walk-in finger prints done.

08/08/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Placed in line for interview scheduling

09/12/11 .. Received Yellow letter dated 9/7/11

09/13/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Interview scheduled

09/16/11 .. Received interview letter

10/19/11 .. Interview - PASSED

10/20/11 .. Received text/email: Oath scheduled

10/22/11 .. Received OATH letter

11/09/11 .. Oath ceremony

Hi Folks,

Hello Fellow San Francisco applicant... seems that we are very few on this forum...

I posted this a while ago and got no response... :(

I just received my Interview letter and am scheduled for May 12th.

(Can't wait!)

Wanted to find out, if anyone has N-400 interview experience in this office, would love to hear about it!

Also, I looked online, and it seems that all Oath ceremonies are now held in Oakland.

(The dates at the Paramount Theatre pose some issues for me, as I will have to travel at the end of May...)

If You had an interview in SF, were You offered a choice as far as Oath Ceremony dates?

Thank You for all/ any feedback and good luck to all!

Off to study now :reading:

Here is the schedule of ceremonies (IF it is true that this is where all the SF Bay Area's are held)

From the Paramount Theatre's website:

U. S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Naturalization Ceremonies at the Paramount Theater

IMPORTANT: Please arrive no later than 9:30 AM. Ceremonies begin promptly at 10:00 AM.

Wednesday, April 14

Wednesday, May 5

Wednesday, May 26

Thursday, June 17

Thursday, July 8

Thursday, July 29

Thursday, August 19

For further information, contact USCIS at the Customer Service Line: 1-800-375-5283

Please add Your time-line. Thanks! :)

N-400

Feb. 2010: Eligible to & getting ready to file Naturalization application

Feb. 20: Sent application (Priority Mail) to TX lockbox

Feb. 22: Date of Application receipt

Mar. 26: Date of Biometrics - completed

Apr. 12: Received Interview letter (dated Apr. 6)

May 12: Date of Interview - San Francisco office

May 24: Date of Oath letter

June 17: Oath Ceremony/ Naturalization

Apr. 8 2009: Sent I 751 (Express Mail) to CSC

Apr. 9: USCIS Received package (per USPS online confirmation)

Apr. 16: Return Receipt in the Mail showing receipt date of April 13

Apr. 20: Check cleared (Deposit date Apr. 16)

Apr. 22: NOA Received (Shows receipt date of Apr. 9)

May 12: Called USCIS. No record of my receipt# (which they said is normal for I751s). Put in Service Request re. Bio Appt. They said to expect to hear from CSC within 45 days

May 15: Received Bio Appt. (YAYYYYY!!! :) Dated May 11th

May 22: Received letter responding to the phone inquiry, with copy of Bio Appt Notice attached (letter dated May 13th, mailed May 20th)

May 27: Completed Biometrics, as scheduled (in 15 minutes! They were VERY nice, too! :)

May 27: Can follow case online with the Receipt# on Bio letter

June 11: Received APPROVAL letter (WOW!!!), dated June 5th

THIS WAS FAST! :) :) :)

July 9: Email from CRIS - Card production ordered

July 13: Email from CRIS - Approval notice sent (Probably the actual Card :)

July 15: CARD IS IN MAILBOX!!! :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Folks,

My citizenship interview is tommorow @ 9:45am here in SF, i would love a same day oath so it will save me time receiving my certificate and petitioning my fiance (L).I can ask them after my interview and then i'll keep u updated. :thumbs: (That's if, i'll pass) :lol:

♥Timeline♥

AOS

03-11-2011: mailed AOS packet

03-14-2011: AOS packet received

04-16-11:USCIS lost our I485 forms thus received EAD rejection notice

04-18-11: mailed AOS packet AGAIN

04-19-11:AOS packet received by S. Bush

04-29-11: NOA1 hardcopies for I485 and I765 received :)

05-12-11:Successful walk in biometrics

05-25-11:email notification received stating interview on 6/24

05-27-11:hardcopy for interview received

06-24-11:done with interview.no approval yet

06-25-11: received EAD card

06-29-11:email received AOS approved and green card is on its way! yay! :)

96050467.png

heart_emo.gif

Timeline

Thanks to everybody for your input. This is the reason why this thread is so invaluable. I have had great #######-bits throughout my journey with USCIS up till now. Long-live VJ! :dance:

My citizenship interview is tommorow @ 9:45am here in SF, i would love a same day oath so it will save me time receiving my certificate and petitioning my fiance (L).I can ask them after my interview and then i'll keep u updated. :thumbs: (That's if, i'll pass) :lol:

My citizenship interview is tommorow @ 9:45am here in SF, i would love a same day oath so it will save me time receiving my certificate and petitioning my fiance heart.gif.I can ask them after my interview and then i'll keep u updated. good.gif (That's if, i'll pass) laughing.gif

[/quote

Hi Chazzie,

Good luck on your interview! good.gifgood.gifgood.gif

Edited by PrinceandPrincess

threemonths09.jpg?t=1272087150Princess-Threemonthsold007-2.jpg?t=1271837591threemonths01-1.jpg?t=1272086957

Our Princess have her first tooth at five months of age.

fEdIm5.png?J2iWLNZY

I-130 (IR-5) Petitions for my Mom and Dad

*06-08-2010---Petition will send on this date???

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanx! Prince and Princess and little princess!

I went for my interview (9:45am)this morning and i passed! ^_^:dance: Im down to the last step now.They said they will notify me within 30 days reagrding sched of the oath taking ceremony.

Here's my detailed experience.

I arrived @ 630 Sansome st, SF at 9am and found City Park Garage (475 Sansome St)walking distance from the Fed building.They will ask for a Photo ID card and appointment letter before they let you in.They'll ask if you have a camera phone (i left mine in the car, less hassle).You have to go through security then proceed to 2nd floor Reception Area.They will take your appointment letter @ the reception desk and will ask you to sit and wait for your name to be called.You have to atleast be there 30 minutes before your sched appointment so u get to familliarize with your surroundings.They called my name @ 9:30am and was ask to sworn in to tell the truth.The interviewer asked me to present needed docs (green card, State ID card, passports~old and new~)She asked me to sign the pictures i sent in and then She asked about all the info i wrote on my application.She asked me 10 questions.

What is the US National Anthem?

What does 13 stripes represent?

How old do u have to be to vote?

What is the rule of law?

Who vetoes bills?

Name one branch of government.

What ocean is on the west side of US?

What is the capital of US?

How many voting members does the House of Rep have?

Name 1 original Colony

I answered them all correctly.:)and then she asked me to read "How many Senators do we have?", and i answered 100.& she goes u dont even have to answer that, then she smiled.(lol) :bonk: and then she asked me to write down "We have one hundred senators."and i did.And then she handed me a piece of paper and said we're all done , do you have any questions?i said none and thank her.^_^ I read the paper she gave me and the sentence where in it says "You passed the english , US history and government test" was checked.And also "Congratulations! your application has been sent for approval. If Final approval is granted you will be sent a notification where to appear for Oath Ceremony " was checked.

* Since Sf has the most number of Citizenship applicants they dont do same day oath,and FYI future Oath Ceremonies from March till Aug 2010 will be conducted at Paramount Theatre (2025 Broadway, Oakland CA).I hope my detailed experience helps.Good luck everyone!Phew, now i can change my audio cd reviewer that ive been playing in the car for a month. :D

♥Timeline♥

AOS

03-11-2011: mailed AOS packet

03-14-2011: AOS packet received

04-16-11:USCIS lost our I485 forms thus received EAD rejection notice

04-18-11: mailed AOS packet AGAIN

04-19-11:AOS packet received by S. Bush

04-29-11: NOA1 hardcopies for I485 and I765 received :)

05-12-11:Successful walk in biometrics

05-25-11:email notification received stating interview on 6/24

05-27-11:hardcopy for interview received

06-24-11:done with interview.no approval yet

06-25-11: received EAD card

06-29-11:email received AOS approved and green card is on its way! yay! :)

96050467.png

heart_emo.gif

Timeline

Thanks Chazzie for the detail information posted. It is indeed a wealth of information well acknowledged. On the low note, just relax and be glad that the journey is almost over, at least with USCIS. Your oath ceremony is just around the corner. Congratulations! :dance:

Thanx! Prince and Princess and little princess!

I went for my interview (9:45am)this morning and i passed! ^_^:dance: Im down to the last step now.They said they will notify me within 30 days reagrding sched of the oath taking ceremony.

Here's my detailed experience.

I arrived @ 630 Sansome st, SF at 9am and found City Park Garage (475 Sansome St)walking distance from the Fed building.They will ask for a Photo ID card and appointment letter before they let you in.They'll ask if you have a camera phone (i left mine in the car, less hassle).You have to go through security then proceed to 2nd floor Reception Area.They will take your appointment letter @ the reception desk and will ask you to sit and wait for your name to be called.You have to atleast be there 30 minutes before your sched appointment so u get to familliarize with your surroundings.They called my name @ 9:30am and was ask to sworn in to tell the truth.The interviewer asked me to present needed docs (green card, State ID card, passports~old and new~)She asked me to sign the pictures i sent in and then She asked about all the info i wrote on my application.She asked me 10 questions.

What is the US National Anthem?

What does 13 stripes represent?

How old do u have to be to vote?

What is the rule of law?

Who vetoes bills?

Name one branch of government.

What ocean is on the west side of US?

What is the capital of US?

How many voting members does the House of Rep have?

Name 1 original Colony

I answered them all correctly.:)and then she asked me to read "How many Senators do we have?", and i answered 100.& she goes u dont even have to answer that, then she smiled.(lol) :bonk: and then she asked me to write down "We have one hundred senators."and i did.And then she handed me a piece of paper and said we're all done , do you have any questions?i said none and thank her.^_^ I read the paper she gave me and the sentence where in it says "You passed the english , US history and government test" was checked.And also "Congratulations! your application has been sent for approval. If Final approval is granted you will be sent a notification where to appear for Oath Ceremony " was checked.

* Since Sf has the most number of Citizenship applicants they dont do same day oath,and FYI future Oath Ceremonies from March till Aug 2010 will be conducted at Paramount Theatre (2025 Broadway, Oakland CA).I hope my detailed experience helps.Good luck everyone!Phew, now i can change my audio cd reviewer that ive been playing in the car for a month. :D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.