5 posts in this topic

Can anyone help with the experience they had and what to expect for the POE on the K-1 Visa?

Thanks smile.gif

Click on the "Reviews: Embassy/USCIS & POE" link above to start with!

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

You didnt metion your POE so you'll likely get a multitude of answers, some good, some bad and some indifferent.

My fiancee POE was Detroit in January (I was with her). It was very uneventful. Waited in line for about 30 minutes, got to the CBP counter, handed over the sealed packet. The officer opened it and looked through it a few times (really looked like he was a newbie hehe). Asked if we knew we had to be married in 90 days - we answered yes. He attached the I-94 and stamped it, wrote on her passport (1 of 1) and circled the "1" on the K-1 visa. Said welcome to the US and we were off to gather luggage.

At Customes, the officer asked a few questions, when did you meet, when is the wedding, then just typical questions like we always get when reentering us. Then, welcome to the US.

For us it was a snap - I'm sure you'll hear some of the bad side too.

Good Luck and Best Wishes!

6/15/2009 Filed I-129F

12/15/2009 Interview (HCMC, VN)

1/16/2010 POE Detroit

3/31/2010 MARRIED !!!

11/20/2010 Filed I-485

12/23/2010 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

12/31/2010 I-485 Transfered to CSC

2/4/2011 Green Card received

1/7/2013 Mailed I-751 package

1/14/2013 I-751 NOA (VSC)

2/07/2013 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

my POE was ok, i had been denied entry exactly a year to the day i came back over

i landed in the same airport, i was taken down stairs by an officer after handing

over my K1 package, i was taken straight to the officer who had sent me back the

year before, he smiled and welcomed me back wished me all the best for the future

and explained he was only doing his job last year....in all it is all very smooth

and painless, good luck

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.