ScottThuy

Does the Consulate extend the expiration date?

38 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Also, I was not advising to be optimistic or "Dreaming, hoping and trusting". Rather, I am just stating that people in AP should focus on the big picture, and not the minor details.

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

GENERAL INFO

[*]12-xx-2007 - 1st Trip (6wks) & Met him halfway around the world

[*]03-xx-2008 - Got engaged - two people on opposite sides of the world

[*]05-xx-2008 - 2nd Trip (2wks) - Engagement/Marriage/Consummation

[*]06-12-2008 - Filed I-130 (CR-1) with Vermont Service Center

[*]12-xx-2008 - 3rd Trip (4wks)

[*]06-05-2009 - Interview at 9:00am at HCMC Consulate (result: blue)

[*]07-08-2009 - Submitted RFE: Beneficiary's Relatives & Evidence of Relationship

[*]08-xx-2009 - 4th Trip (4wks)

[*]10-07-2009 - AP 91 days - Result: APPROVED!!

[*]10-31-2009 - POE: Detroit, MI

[*]11-18-2009 - Social Security Card

[*]11-20-2009 - Green Card

[*]01-21-2010 - Driver's License

THE NEXT STEPS...

[*]02/07/2011 - Renew Vietnam Passport

[*]07/30/2011 - Process of Removing Conditions Begins

[*]09/25/2011 - Date of I-751

[*]09/28/2011 - NOA1

[*]10/19/2011 - Biometrics

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

Now that I've re-read the earlier posts of this topic, I do have to say I agree with Just Looking. At first, I can see how his posts may have been a little offensive, but after reading all the posts all the way through, I do see his point of view. I don't think he was trying to bash anyone, just providing a reality check.

I'm not trying to bash anyone either, so please don't take what I post the wrong way.

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

GENERAL INFO

[*]07-08-2009 - Submitted RFE: Beneficiary's Relatives & Evidence of Relationship

THE NEXT STEPS...

[*]09/28/2011 - NOA1

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Now that I've re-read the earlier posts of this topic, I do have to say I agree with Just Looking. At first, I can see how his posts may have been a little offensive, but after reading all the posts all the way through, I do see his point of view. I don't think he was trying to bash anyone, just providing a reality check.

I'm not trying to bash anyone either, so please don't take what I post the wrong way.

That profile was a troll and has been account closed for TOS... It was a member usuiang an alias because they wanted to hide behind a false name so nobody would know who it was... Its really sad that you agree with him...as it was an attack on me...

You may look at it as over analyzing, IMO its looking at everything available and trying to find an edge to get the CO to look at the case... Based on everything that I have received, read and been advised by my congressman,senator,others here and an atty, there isnt much that I can do to get the CO to actually look at the case other than what has been done. The CO actually opened the case file yesterday to inspect the police cert at the request of my congressman (the only thing they asked for after the docs were presented at the end of Feb) They told him there was no problem with the police cert,that it is valid for 1 year and that they are working on the case.. this tells me that they have some investigating to do. could be a check up with the local gossip or calls to relatives and former spouses.. who knows.. it is what it is..... If all goes well I will request an interview with the CO this summer and see if that helps.... at this point we expect to be in AP for another 5 or 6 months... unless the idea that the new CG has some impact becomes a reality...

FYImy health andmental state are not an issue... I have plenty to keep me busy and have a positive outlook since I know we met every criteria toget the visa and be together... its actually pretty amazing given the fact that Thuy sobs daily and does not understand why she cant be here... going back to work will help address that issue...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

That profile was a troll and has been account closed for TOS... It was a member usuiang an alias because they wanted to hide behind a false name so nobody would know who it was... Its really sad that you agree with him...as it was an attack on me...

You may look at it as over analyzing, IMO its looking at everything available and trying to find an edge to get the CO to look at the case... Based on everything that I have received, read and been advised by my congressman,senator,others here and an atty, there isnt much that I can do to get the CO to actually look at the case other than what has been done. The CO actually opened the case file yesterday to inspect the police cert at the request of my congressman (the only thing they asked for after the docs were presented at the end of Feb) They told him there was no problem with the police cert,that it is valid for 1 year and that they are working on the case.. this tells me that they have some investigating to do. could be a check up with the local gossip or calls to relatives and former spouses.. who knows.. it is what it is..... If all goes well I will request an interview with the CO this summer and see if that helps.... at this point we expect to be in AP for another 5 or 6 months... unless the idea that the new CG has some impact becomes a reality...

FYImy health andmental state are not an issue... I have plenty to keep me busy and have a positive outlook since I know we met every criteria toget the visa and be together... its actually pretty amazing given the fact that Thuy sobs daily and does not understand why she cant be here... going back to work will help address that issue...

Scott, I know his account has been closed, but where did you get the info it was from TOS? I have not seen any remarks about his posts being removed for TOS violations, so for us to assume it was a TOS violation and that he was a troll is a bit premature. I agree it was an attack on you, but I also feel as Linda that people worry to much about the little things, and in my opinion when people look at the little things they are grasping at straws because they have lost hope. I am not saying that you have lost hope, I am simply making a comment in general, and no one should ever lose hope even in HCMC. Look at the prize at the end of the tunnel. Back to them looking into your case, that is great news in a way. At least they have touched your case and it is not just sitting there collecting dust. Hopefully you will not have to wait your expected 5 or 6 months before getting your results. I do not think they will clean house just because of a new person in charge, if they are truly worried about fraud then that would be something I do not want to happen. Because if they “clean house” then they would probably deny most cases simply to make sure a fraud case does not get through. I mean, why just approve people when many people that have strong cases like Houng, Ly, Frank, Ralph and many others have already been denied. I am not trying to be a pessimist, but I truly hope they never “clean house” because I am sure that if they do, many people deserving a visa will be denied because it is proven how they lie to make a denial. Jerome

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Timeline

Linda, Jermome, you guys have been through the process already and I respect your opinions and all the others here. But in my opinion, umless you are currently in AP, your opinion is just that. Unfortunalty there is no soild facts or findings regarding HCMC consulate or any consualte for that matter. If Scott wants to micro manage his information and share it, its fine with me, we can all read it, digest it and maybe benifit from it. Scott isnt the only one to observe return receipts or what color the relpy was in or whatever, I do too. Im doing all I can here to get our case looked at, contacted my congressman, emailed consulate a hundred times and will shortly be making 4 more visits to the consulate. When all you can do is done all thats left is try to find some clues into whats being sent to you from the consulate, thats what we do. Coming on 7 months in AP for us and email from the consulate once every 3 weeks at best sux.

Its not a fun process to be in AP. Not knowing where the end is or even knowing if it will be favorable or not, our lives are on hold. I come to VJ for information about something , anything that may shed some light on whats going on. I will be the judge on what to absorb or not.

Good or bad, I appreciate all of your experiences and input. Scott, carry on my friend.

Frank

Timeline

Linda, Jermome, you guys have been through the process already and I respect your opinions and all the others here. But in my opinion, umless you are currently in AP, your opinion is just that. Unfortunalty there is no soild facts or findings regarding HCMC consulate or any consualte for that matter. If Scott wants to micro manage his information and share it, its fine with me, we can all read it, digest it and maybe benifit from it. Scott isnt the only one to observe return receipts or what color the relpy was in or whatever, I do too. Im doing all I can here to get our case looked at, contacted my congressman, emailed consulate a hundred times and will shortly be making 4 more visits to the consulate. When all you can do is done all thats left is try to find some clues into whats being sent to you from the consulate, thats what we do. Coming on 7 months in AP for us and email from the consulate once every 3 weeks at best sux.

Its not a fun process to be in AP. Not knowing where the end is or even knowing if it will be favorable or not, our lives are on hold. I come to VJ for information about something , anything that may shed some light on whats going on. I will be the judge on what to absorb or not.

Good or bad, I appreciate all of your experiences and input. Scott, carry on my friend.

Frank

Yes you are right I have been through it, and we were denied. I did the same thing that Scott is doing, look at everything they sent trying to figure out something. I do feel it is nitpicking, and I did it just as Scott is doing it now. The facts are simple, there are things that you can do and things you can’t do. But if all your time is spent looking at things that are small then you might miss something big. It is like reading a book, if you only focus on the characters, you can/will miss something important in the story. I am not trying to tell Scott or you or anyone for that matter not to do it, I am just saying to pay attention to the prize, and that is the visa, if you choose to bug the consulate and don’t mind getting the canned responses, then by all means do it. But in a public forum people are going to voice their opinions good and bad. The thing is that while I was nitpicking everything I got I overlooked the major things. I read that if you submit more evidence that it can put your case further down the list in AP and that your time might start all over, so we choose to just email them and I went there, asked to speak with the CO, the same things Scott is talking about doing, and we got denied. Our CO straight up lied on our reasons for denial, but if instead of nitpicking the little things I would have simply looked at the big picture then it might have been different. Instead of emailing them we should have submitted more evidence, all the things that we deemed as necessary to take to the interview that they did not accept. I should have went to the consulate once a week each time I was here, then it would have been harder for the CO to simply lie and push a few papers to his superior and say “see no evidence” but each email does not get put into your file. I know this because I had all of our records subpoenaed by our lawyer after our denial, I was able to get all of his notes on our entire case, and believe me, and they took just enough evidence from us at the interview to make our case look like a weak case. He did this because after he heard about my ex wife he was dead set to give us a denial, but for him to deny us on the spot would have shot up red flags that we would have been able to overcome and then he would have been in trouble, the fact is that he ended up getting reprimanded, and we were given a sincere apology for what happened with our case, but do you think that really helped????? So with this being a public forum, what I am saying is simple, if you have it submit it, if you truly do want to get a visa, then maybe just maybe doing what I suggest will help, but either way you will never know and I will never know since they will not ever say what made or broke your case. So you can

a) Keep emailing them, send them nothing that they will be forced to put in your file, and keep nitpicking the things they send you, and hope for the best

b) Keep emailing them, and sending them (having your loved one submit in person) all the things that you have deemed needed at the interview, as well as new chat logs, emails, phone records, and other such things, and then each visit go to the consulate each week, then you can also hope for the best

c) Do nothing, just wait out the time and hope for the best

The choice is yours, and as this is a public forum feel free to throw in your two cents worth as I have. Jerome

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Timeline

That profile was a troll and has been account closed for TOS... It was a member usuiang an alias because they wanted to hide behind a false name so nobody would know who it was... Its really sad that you agree with him...as it was an attack on me...You may look at it as over analyzing, IMO its looking at everything available and trying to find an edge to get the CO to look at the case... Based on everything that I have received, read and been advised by my congressman,senator,others here and an atty, there isnt much that I can do to get the CO to actually look at the case other than what has been done. The CO actually opened the case file yesterday to inspect the police cert at the request of my congressman (the only thing they asked for after the docs were presented at the end of Feb) They told him there was no problem with the police cert,that it is valid for 1 year and that they are working on the case.. this tells me that they have some investigating to do. could be a check up with the local gossip or calls to relatives and former spouses.. who knows.. it is what it is..... If all goes well I will request an interview with the CO this summer and see if that helps.... at this point we expect to be in AP for another 5 or 6 months... unless the idea that the new CG has some impact becomes a reality...

FYI my health andmental state are not an issue... I have plenty to keep me busy and have a positive outlook since I know we met every criteria toget the visa and be together... its actually pretty amazing given the fact that Thuy sobs daily and does not understand why she cant be here... going back to work will help address that issue...

I don't agree with the personal attacks on you, I agree with his point of view regarding the nitpicking of every response when it ultimately is a cookie cutter response--not just your nitpicking, but everyone nitpicking in general. You can continue to do whatever you want, I'm not condoning anything, just giving advice from being in that position and getting out of it.

I'm glad your health and mental state is not an issue, but I'm just throwing it out there that it could potentially affect individuals who worry/stress too much over the small details. When my husband was first denied (the blue, according to the website, is initially a denial) I was very traumatized. Like Thuy, I cried for many days, perhaps weeks, and couldn't make out why we were put in AP. I emailed the consulate, requested my congressman inquire about my case, and visited the consulate when I was there. Although I didn't read the emails between the lines, I could tell my mental health was beginning to deteriorate. I was adding unnecessary stress by worrying too much about my case although I knew I couldn't do anything beyond emailing and/or visiting the consulate when I was there. I don't know what was the turning point in my case, and probably never will. I'm just glad I made it out of AP with my sanity. I will say, I was prepared to uproot my entire life and move to Vietnam to be with my husband had we gotten denied. Maybe having that backup plan made it easier to accept the fact that the process must run it's course and that I needed to stop worrying over something that is essentially uncontrollable.

I wish you and all the others going through the process the best of luck. You'll do what you gotta do, but all I'm recommending is make it as easy as possible.

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

GENERAL INFO

THE NEXT STEPS...

[*]09/28/2011 - NOA1

Timeline

I don't agree with the personal attacks on you, I agree with his point of view regarding the nitpicking of every response when it ultimately is a cookie cutter response--not just your nitpicking, but everyone nitpicking in general. You can continue to do whatever you want, I'm not condoning anything, just giving advice from being in that position and getting out of it.

I'm glad your health and mental state is not an issue, but I'm just throwing it out there that it could potentially affect individuals who worry/stress too much over the small details. When my husband was first denied (the blue, according to the website, is initially a denial) I was very traumatized. Like Thuy, I cried for many days, perhaps weeks, and couldn't make out why we were put in AP. I emailed the consulate, requested my congressman inquire about my case, and visited the consulate when I was there. Although I didn't read the emails between the lines, I could tell my mental health was beginning to deteriorate. I was adding unnecessary stress by worrying too much about my case although I knew I couldn't do anything beyond emailing and/or visiting the consulate when I was there. I don't know what was the turning point in my case, and probably never will. I'm just glad I made it out of AP with my sanity. I will say, I was prepared to uproot my entire life and move to Vietnam to be with my husband had we gotten denied. Maybe having that backup plan made it easier to accept the fact that the process must run it's course and that I needed to stop worrying over something that is essentially uncontrollable.

I wish you and all the others going through the process the best of luck. You'll do what you gotta do, but all I'm recommending is make it as easy as possible.

I know the feeling Linda, I felt just as you did, and when we got the blue it was very hard on BInh. I too was worried about everything, and was nitpicking things as well. I also know that some people that are now in the boat that we were in told me the same thing that we are telling them, it is just they don’t want to hear it now. I remember many people telling me to stop nitpicking, and it does affect our mental state, even if we say we are fine, it does affect it, and if we say it doesn’t then we really don’t care about the decision, it is just some people like to say it doesn’t affect them when it does, this is just their way of dealing with it. I know when we got our blue after Binh stopped crying and I calmed down the first thing we talked about was what is next. We planned on refilling or doing the CR1, but we also talked about me just moving to Vietnam, this all made the process easier for us, but the mental stress was still there. Just like Linda said, we wish you the best of luck, and do whatever it is you feel you need to do. Jerome

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.