marlonmahagany

OVER A MONTH STILL NO K1 VISA IN HAND!

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

This is basically whats going on. I filed for my fiance Marlon, we went through all the process of the k1 visa. He had his interview and he got approved on March 12 2010. They told him to come pick up his visa on that following Friday. He went to go get the visa they told him it was not ready yet and now it just and ongoing wait. We are irritated we are trying to be patience but is hard we have been together almost 5yrs in a long distance relationship and we are ready to just get married and have kids and enjoy our life together. Does anybody got a clue on whats going on with the Embassy in Jamaica right now?Prior to this they lost his checklist, so that took another month to recieve. You can't really get in contact with the EMBASSY you have to email them. And then you have to wait forever just to get a automatic response which doesn't really help you at all. Thank God one of his co-workers had a friend that worked at the embassy she sent us another copy of his checklist. Marlon Called DHL TODAY AND STILL NO VISA! He emailed the same person that helped us with the checklist to see whats going on she hasn't responded yet! PLEASE PRAY FOR US! WE ARE READY TO START OUR LIFE AS HUSBAND AND WIFE!

P.S.

HOW LONG DID YOU GUYS HAVE TO WAIT?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Sorry to hear about the long delay your experiencing. We had our interview on a Tuesday & it was ready for pick up by that Friday.

Unfortunately, due to JA not extriditing Dudus "the real big man in Tivoli Gardens", the US was said to be revoking visas of prominent Jamaicans. They also had stated they were not going to be issuing US visas. Now that in part or whole could be the reason for hold up. Quite frankly, it shouldn't b/c Dudus has no affiliation w/ur hubby to be. Plus your hubby was approved & waiting to get visa in hand. I recommend that you 2 keep trying to contact someone @ Embassy. But right now it appears the hold up may be due to the Americans, particularly NY, wanting Dudus. I wish they would go hard for Bin Laden.

Anyhow, best of luck & I hope he get visa SOON.

THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU'LL ARE IN THE DREADED AP PROCESS. All you'll can do now is wait it out, it could be 3 weeks or it could be 90 days. But haven't seen it to take as long in Kingston. AP is finger print and name check, with the FBI. Visa can't be printed until a ok comes back.

Sorry to hear about the long delay your experiencing. We had our interview on a Tuesday & it was ready for pick up by that Friday.

Unfortunately, due to JA not extriditing Dudus "the real big man in Tivoli Gardens", the US was said to be revoking visas of prominent Jamaicans. They also had stated they were not going to be issuing US visas. Now that in part or whole could be the reason for hold up. Quite frankly, it shouldn't b/c Dudus has no affiliation w/ur hubby to be. Plus your hubby was approved & waiting to get visa in hand. I recommend that you 2 keep trying to contact someone @ Embassy. But right now it appears the hold up may be due to the Americans, particularly NY, wanting Dudus. I wish they would go hard for Bin Laden.

Anyhow, best of luck & I hope he get visa SOON.

This is only hysterica that has been created by the Jamaica press. Since they are a K1, finger print and name check doesn't get completed until after the interview. It just sounds as if they have gotten stuck in AP check.

Timeline

Thank you guys for commenting! This really sucks!! I just got a new apartment, a wedding dress, he got his suit already we can't really plan anything far as the wedding is concerned until he gets here. We're just going to say our our vows the first day he arrives. I haven't seen my baby since last July, Thank GOD for Skype! I just really miss him we are gonna keep praying I know this is going to make us a stronger in our relationship. Thanks again for responding!

Timeline

Thank you guys for commenting! This really sucks!! I just got a new apartment, a wedding dress, he got his suit already we can't really plan anything far as the wedding is concerned until he gets here. We're just going to say our our vows the first day he arrives. I haven't seen my baby since last July, Thank GOD for Skype! I just really miss him we are gonna keep praying I know this is going to make us a stronger in our relationship. Thanks again for responding!

have faith

it took about a month for my husband to receive his visa (k-1 also)

he was called back to kingston to have his fingerprints redone- after that it took about a week and a half

good luck!

Timeline

GUESS WHAT VJ FAMILY! MY BABY VISA CAME TODAY! GOD IS SO GOOD! THANK YOU JESUS! HE IS GOING TO PICK IT UP TOMMOROW AND WILL BE HERE IN A FEW DAYS! THANK YOU GUYS FOR YOUR SUPPORT! WE ARE SO HAPPY! THANK YOU AGAIN!

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

GUESS WHAT VJ FAMILY! MY BABY VISA CAME TODAY! GOD IS SO GOOD! THANK YOU JESUS! HE IS GOING TO PICK IT UP TOMMOROW AND WILL BE HERE IN A FEW DAYS! THANK YOU GUYS FOR YOUR SUPPORT! WE ARE SO HAPPY! THANK YOU AGAIN!

Oh that is so wonderful!!!! Congrats!!!!!!

Timeline

That's great! My husband's visa took longer than the average as well and I just about went crazy...I was worried because he had been arrested briefly as a teenager for a fight with his brother and spent the night in jail, but he was never charged with anything...worked out ok though...

good luck with starting a family!

That's wonderful! Congrats to you both!

Removal of Conditions Journey

03/30/2012-I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation)

04/02/2012-Packaged arrived at Vermont Service Center-Signed by D. Renaud

04/05/2012- check cashed

04/07/2012- Recvd NOA in mail dated 04/03/2012

05/14/12-Biometrics Appointment- Completed

12/31/12-Production of card ordered text/email

mjnrabxt.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Congrats!!! Quick question....I thought AP happened BEFORE you were approved for the visa, not after?

N-400 Naturalization Process

June 25, 2013 --Qualified for Citizenship!

October 12, 2017 --Electronically filed

October 13, 2017 --NOA1

October 31, 2017 --Biometrics Appointment -ATL

ROC

April 5, 2012 --Sent I-751 to Vermont Service Center

May 21, 2012 --Biometric Appointment at ATL office

December 12, 2012 --10 year Green Card in hand

DCF Process

October 10, 2009 --Married in São Paulo

January 14, 2010 --Filed I-130 at São Paulo Consulate for DCF

May 17, 2010 --VISA IN HAND!

June 24, 2010 --POE in Atlanta

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.