AKguy

Mailing documents to Moscow?

32 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Since the dates Fed ex and DHL say they can get the paperwork to Anna are just to close to her leaving I'm wondering if anyone has heard or done any mailing of documents to Moscow ahead of the interview date? Fed ex says they can get the paperwork there by the 20th (and if I send them to Anna they estimate they'll get there the day after the interview is supposed to happen on the 23rd) if I send them today, that gives them and us a 3 day lead before the interview.

11/13/2009 -- Mailed I-129F

11/17/2009 -- Received NOA 1

02/10/2010 -- NOA 2 Mailed

02/16/2010 -- NOA 2 Received (via email)

02/19/2010 -- Petition forwarded to Moscow

04/23/2010 -- Scheduled Interview - SUCCESS

07/20/2010 -- Entrance to USA POE Anchorage

08/21/2010 -- Wedding

11/04/2010 -- Mailed AOS

01/25/2011 -- AOS Interview - SUCCESS

Member of the RUB group, where high horses meet low brows.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

Since the dates Fed ex and DHL say they can get the paperwork to Anna are just to close to her leaving I'm wondering if anyone has heard or done any mailing of documents to Moscow ahead of the interview date? Fed ex says they can get the paperwork there by the 20th (and if I send them to Anna they estimate they'll get there the day after the interview is supposed to happen on the 23rd) if I send them today, that gives them and us a 3 day lead before the interview.

Are you talking about sending the paperwork directly to the embassy? I've not heard of anyone doing that, and I'd highly recommend against doing it unless you contact them and make specific arrangements with a specific person.

Or are you talking about sending them to her hotel, for instance? That's probably not a bad way to go. Just make sure she coordinates with the hotel first so they know it's coming.

Timeline

I was talking about sending it directly to the embassy, but now that you mention the hotel... that's not a bad idea!

08/21/2010 -- Wedding

11/04/2010 -- Mailed AOS

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Yeah, I'd trust a hotel before I'd trust the embassy. Sending it to the embassy is likely to result in your documents winding up in a black hole.

Yep (or next to my 10 lb FedEx box holding open the door). You may also send them to the local FedEx or DHL office for pickup.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline

So... Where exactly does it say on the Moscow Embassy website that the paperwork I send over needs to be originals?

I'm assuming somewhere, sometime, someone got clarification on this... If anything I sent them an email asking.

08/21/2010 -- Wedding

11/04/2010 -- Mailed AOS

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

So... Where exactly does it say on the Moscow Embassy website that the paperwork I send over needs to be originals?

I'm assuming somewhere, sometime, someone got clarification on this... If anything I sent them an email asking.

I was informed that only my I134 should be the original. I am sending copies of everything else. As insurance, I scanned my copies as PDF files so that she could receive them via email and print them if necessary...

Jim

Jim & Irina

Timeline

I've actually decided to send the I-134 , new letter of intent, bank statements, 3 recent pay stubs and letter from employer to her .. all signed and originals (although I did make copies to keep for myself) and PDFd them as well. She already has my W2s from last year and tax return from last year (gave it to her earlier this year).

15-Dec-2009 I-129F Sent

17-Dec-2009 NOA-1

18-Mar-2010 NOA-2

23-Mar-2010 NVC Received

26-Mar-2010 NVC Sent to Consulate

29-Mar-2010 The embassy received our case

15-June-2010 Interview

Timeline

I'm going the Fed ex route and have them keep it there. Where is the hub located? I plan on asking Fed ex before I take the package there later this morning, I'm curious if it's by the airport or somewhat close to the Embassy. ("A" Fed ex is located somewhat close according to Google maps).

08/21/2010 -- Wedding

11/04/2010 -- Mailed AOS

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

I'm going the Fed ex route and have them keep it there. Where is the hub located? I plan on asking Fed ex before I take the package there later this morning, I'm curious if it's by the airport or somewhat close to the Embassy. ("A" Fed ex is located somewhat close according to Google maps).

Take a look through the sticky at the top of the forum. There's a link to two nice real-time views of the Moscow center showing the Embassy (incl little photo of the building), the DHL office (where she will purchase the prepaid mailer to take to the interview) and maybe the FedEx office if it is close.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

We used DHL and it was close to the Embassy but I'm not personally familiar with it. My wife handled that and said it was close and went very smoothly for both the info I sent her and the delivery of her visa docs.

Edited by ScratchIt

Just make sure you coordinate with your fiancee first. You don't want to send her off on a wild goose chase clear across Moscow, especially if she doesn't know the city. You also don't want to put her in an area of the city that might be unsafe. What might look like a hop skip and jump off the metro on Google Maps might be a nightmare for her. Remember that she's got a lot going on over those next couple days, so don't run her ragged. I still like the hotel idea better.

Just some thoughts from the cheap seats. :)

Timeline

No I hear ya.

There is a bus route that would take her past both places (Embassy and Fedex), supposed to be a trip of around 12 minutes.

08/21/2010 -- Wedding

11/04/2010 -- Mailed AOS

Timeline

Welp, they're off. Should be there on Monday the 19th by 6pm, "As long as it's not held up in Customs"...

All to the cool tune of 130 bucks.

08/21/2010 -- Wedding

11/04/2010 -- Mailed AOS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.