star

GOT A 10-YEAR GREEN CARD!!!

18 posts in this topic

THANKS EVERYBODY!!!

TO GATORFAN:HERE'S HOW MY INTERVIEW TRANSPIRED.

Jul 20 2006, 05:19 PM Post #1

Filed for: AOS (approved)

Texas Service Center

Local Office: Orlando,Fl.

Hi everyone! We just had our interview this morning in Orlando, and it went fine,smoothly as i have'nt expected.My appointment was 10:30AM and we arrived at 10:00AM, so we went right away inside and gave my interview notice.Exactly at 10:30, a guy from one of the rooms, came out, called my name,then we followed him.Greeted him, then we're told to remain standing, raise our right hand and swore ...then seated.He scan the thick file,I-485 folder, then asked my NAME,our ID's then checked on the computer,asked if we have the same ADDRESS as it was in the computer. He also asked our I-864 , and 2005 INCOME TAX(filed jointly),then asked what my husband work(He just retired last Jan.)I noted that everything he asked, he marked it with his red ballpen.Although he did'nt asked about my supplemental vaccination,I managed to handed to him the sealed envelope i had from the health center.My travel parole issue was not touched either.Pictures, and other evidences, that occupied my preparations were not even check.Well, he said everything is complete, now start to asked me those terrorist questions on the I-485 form.That was it, he congratulated us,and said my green card will be mailed in 2 weeks time.Though i'm hesitant to ask about my passport,if he needs to put something on it, he said, no need for the stamp,the green card is more than enough for my employment and travel.He advised me to go to the Social Security and change the status too.Well, that was it,this AOS thing that always filled up my mind from day 1 of filing until today exactly 25 months of waiting,is over.I'm now relieved to think that all i do now is wait for my green card to arrive.

All i can say to those who are about to have thier interview soon,it's good to be complete in all the required documents even if it will not be ask, this will keep us confident, and relax on the interview day.prayers do count too as i realized, the interview was not that hard as i always thought in my mind.I'm sure it's a case to case basis too!Good luck to those who will be having thier interview in Orlando.I know we waited so long.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Thanks for posting your experience. Hopefully my wife's will go just as smoothly next month.

Removal of Conditions (I-751)

August 16/08: VSC received I-751

August 22/08: check cashed (certainly did not waste any time)

September 11/08: Received NOA 1

September 15/08: Rec'd Biometrics Appointment Letter

October 02/08: Biometrics Completed

March 04/09: File transferred to CSC

June 01/09: Letter stating Petition Approved and Card Production ordered

July 12/09: Card Production ordered e-mail

July 13/09: Received card in the mail

AOS

March 27/06: Sent I-485

March 31/06: NOA 1

April 4/06: Rec'd NOA 1

April 5&6/06: Touched

May 4/06: Rec'd Biometrics Appointment Letter

May 23/06: Biometrics Appointment

May 26/06: Touched

July 22/06: Rec'd Appointment for Interview

Sept 12/06: Interview

Sept 18/06: Rec'd Welcome to USA letter

Sept 26/06: Rec'd Green Card

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.