ginsey28

interview documents

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I want to ask if it is ok to bring scan copies of all the documents from my fiance or do they need the original one of the birth certficate, divorce decree and others documents of my fiance to bring at my interview, coz my fiance send me the scan copies of his documents? Help me about this

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent : 2010-01-22

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-01-23

I-129F NOA2 : 2010-03-01

NVC Received : 2010-03-09

Consulate Received : 2010-03-18

Packet 3 Received : 2010-03-23

Packet 4 Received : 2010-04-06

Interview Date : 2010-05-14

You have to bring originals and copies...so you can keep the originals or get the originals back that were sent in.

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

At the Embassy Interview the Consular Officer can request the original of any document submitted with the I-129F petition and the original of any document or evidence submitted at the interview.

Forms and affidavits like the I-134 must bear his original signature. A scan is not acceptable. Likewise you should have the originals of many document copies he submitted for the I-129F such as his birth certificate and divorce decree if it applies to your case.

If they wanted to be very particular, they could ask to see the originals of any boarding passes or hotel receipt copies submitted as proof of having met in your I-129F petition.

If he is submitting copies of pay stubs (pay checks) with his I-134, they can request originals of those. You get the idea.

The important signatures are the I-134 and his Letter of Intent.

Naturalization N-400

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

During my K interview i brought scanned divorce papers, W-2's and pay slips of my husband and they accepted them. But the affidavit of Support must be original.

good luck for your interview........were just they same week for our interview soon...............

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.