hbk8941

cr1 question

6 posts in this topic

if my wife have a kid after we get married does this visa cover our baby if we decide to have one? can my wife bring our baby with her with is visa or we have to file a separate visa for the kid?

your baby wouldnt need a visa...you would do a CBRA (consular report of birth abroad). Your baby would be a US citizen and be able to get a US passport....so no visa required.

Edited by Scott and Mhay

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Pretty much. My daughter was born here in Brazil, so we went to the American consulate in Rio and got a CBRA for her. Now she`s considered an US Citizen and doesn`t need a visa, which means she could go to the US with her dad while I`m still here (that`s not gonna happen, though. =P)

another question if the child become us citizen automatically then why is it so hard to pass the interview if that person wife is pregnant? that what i herd so why do they care the child will be us citizen either way

because it has happened before that the child was not the husband or fiancee's. In some cases they still request DNA testing (they cant force it). I dont think it is any harder for someone that is pregnant to pass the interview than someone that isnt. The consulate will just want proof that you were together during the conception of the baby....so that is why boarding passes and copies of passport stamps become important. Dont get her your soon to be wife pregnant just to "speed" things along...in most cases that isnt a reason to speed it along.

Reporting the birth abroad is extra steps and your wife/fiancee will have to apply at the embassy for that. It is extra steps and could cause delays. Check out the process here: http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwha003.html

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.