276 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Yup - Serco 'works' MOST NVC 'front-facing' things.

Call in to NVC? Yer talking to a Serco Contractor.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Yup - Serco 'works' MOST NVC 'front-facing' things.

Call in to NVC? Yer talking to a Serco Contractor.

They seem better than the contractor for USCIS... :bonk: There is a wonderful group of individuals.

:blink:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

i am getting very annoyed! I paid my bills on March 12th and still not approved. April 23rd we recieved a RFE sent it in on Monday May 3rd so they should have recieved it May 4th. It's been 7 days I hope to get a sign in fail by next week!!!

06.22.2005: met

08.14.2009: engaged

12.04.2009: married

USCIS

12.08.2009: sent 1-130

12.17.2009: touched

12.19.2009: recieved NOA1

03.02.2010: recieved NOA2 via email

03.08.2010: recieved hardcopy NOA2

NVC

03.12.2010: case number assigned

03.15.2010: AOS and IV paid

04.05.2010: received husband's police check in America

04.07.2010: sent I-864 and DS-230

04.23.2010: received RFE email

05.03.2010: sent in correction

05.11.2010: NVC entered documents into their system

05.20.2010: received another checklist letter - need more information about prior visas

05.20.2010: sent in checklist

05.28.2010: NVC entered documents into their system

06.09.2010: SIF

06.09.2010: case complete

06.11.2010: interview date assigned

Embassy

06.22.2010: medical

07.02.2010: interview :) APPROVED

08.04.2010: husband moving to America!

Timeline

englandusa18 - sounds painful! are you calling in to NVC, getting a Human and inquiring for status? If not, ya should !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Called National Visa Center today at 0637 PST, Interview Date Set: 15 June 2010 @ 0730.. :dance: Let the nerves get worse now.. Worst Part... Air Fare !! :blink: Ouch.. I am going to be with her for the interview...

Dan

Timeline

and there ya go ;) See See? Totally Different Queue for 'setting the appointment date'. That was FAST ! 1 to 2 days? Yum !

keep eye out for the the appointment letter - she'll need it - it's coming 'in' via email.

Edited by Darnell

Timeline

and there ya go ;) See See? Totally Different Queue for 'setting the appointment date'. That was FAST ! 1 to 2 days? Yum !

keep eye out for the the appointment letter - she'll need it - it's coming 'in' via email.

Yes you were correct. Got the letters in the email this afternoon. I'll talk with the wife and time for her to get the medical. I am wondering about the TB test.. Do they give this for CR1 ? Also being Pregnant, I really do not think it would be a good idea to do this either.. I guess these people will know what to do..

Yes. The Electronic processing was very good, if your documents are in line.. will be quick. Only way to go.. But Airfare... I think I am the one getting HiJacked here !!! From 1600 - 2100.. Ouch !!! Big Ouch.. then I will need to buy two more tickets here.. another 3K.. !!

Dan

Timeline

Dan - she'll have some medical exemptions and waivers at the medical exam because of the pregnancy. Don't sweat those. Worst Case scenario - there will be some 'medical waiver annotation' in the visa stamp, and that will be normal.

re: airfare - have you checked in with the local asian travel agents in yer city? or checked that chinafamilyvisa.com website for travel agent listings?

I was serious, regarding getting the local chinese newspaper, the viet newspaper, and the korean newspaper. Massive discounts, but ya gotta call. If that's not working for ya, check out the stuff over at the CFV website. Most of the air ticket contacts at CFV are 'air ticket consolidators', so the discount is deeper for anything you'll find on orbitz.

Edited by Darnell

Timeline

Dan - she'll have some medical exemptions and waivers at the medical exam because of the pregnancy. Don't sweat those. Worst Case scenario - there will be some 'medical waiver annotation' in the visa stamp, and that will be normal.

re: airfare - have you checked in with the local asian travel agents in yer city? or checked that chinafamilyvisa.com website for travel agent listings?

I was serious, regarding getting the local chinese newspaper, the viet newspaper, and the korean newspaper. Massive discounts, but ya gotta call. If that's not working for ya, check out the stuff over at the CFV website. Most of the air ticket contacts at CFV are 'air ticket consolidators', so the discount is deeper for anything you'll find on orbitz.

Tomorrow, I am going to go to the local China Town here in Seattle and talk with the travel agent I used last time. Also, found a website called uschinatrip.com They are giving a decent price but not on the days I need. Only one so far is an odd flight, Seattle to Vancouver --> Hong Kong.. $1500.00 Like double the price from April.. What a joke... Like what has changed in 45 days..

Only other thing I found is Eva Air.. I'll be looking a lot today, Will get my ticket on Monday.

Wife Called the hospital of choice for her medical. She told me no appointment necessary, just show up at 0830 with Passport, all forms, passport style photos and our inteview letter. (got offical ones yesterday)

Now to get through the interview. I really wish we could go into the interview also. I am sure it really wouldn't be a big issue. Espcially us being US Citizens and travling 6000 miles to be there you think our government would be a bit more accomadating and in case of problems, we could address them right then.. But Noooooo..

Almost there..

dan

Timeline

We'll here we are 28 days from the interview and I am trying to get "prepared" for this interview. From what everything I have read on this site and others I am trying to determine exactly what we will need at the interview. From what I know (read) this is what I need:

• All Documents sent to the National Visa Center via email
  • Passport
  • 4 passport photos
  • Medical exam results
  • Lots of nice photos, we have about 120. Have over 1,000 but I think that is too much.
  • IV Document Cover Sheet
  • IV Fee PAID Receipts, so that they know we paid and also so we do not need to pay the addtional $45.00 fee I have read about.
  • No OF-169
  • oh, year P3 Supplement Form since this is for Guangzhou and not the NVC, even though I sent it to the NVC

Brain just went blank :blink: Oh, in the interview letter it says that the DS-230 PART II is "not Needed for this petition" Does not make sense,, Does it?

Shows this:

DS-230-II F F = This form is not necessary for this application. Does this make Sense? No matter what we are going to have it. As I think this letter is wrong because it comes from NVC and not the US Consulate Guangzhou.

We'll I've had another brain fart.. so if anyone is in the know.. Have I missed something? Lots of Coffee? :wacko: Bring the laptop to sit their and try to be useful with my time while waiting? but I think my nerves will be too bad to concentrate on anything.. Oh well sorry for babbling on, but this is also a nervous time.

Thanks for Reading

Dan

Seattle Washington

Timeline

P3 Supplement Form - sorry - ya gots this one backwards - you were to SEND IT TO NVC. GUZ will want to see it, because it was sent along with the DS-230 package via email.

IV Document Cover Sheet? Never heard of that being used on interview day, before, but ok.

IV Fee Paid Receipts? What ? Never heard of that being submitted on Interview Day @ GUZ. Never heard of this 45 dolla fee for GUZ, either.

Yer missing the 'Evolution of Relationship' Letter.

re: DS-230 - really strange, I think is NVC error - she is to sign the DS-230 Part II in front of a VO on interview day (#######? ) .

Nite Nite !

Edited by Darnell

Timeline

--don't forget the original (and translated) adoption paperwork that you submitted with the DS-230.

Suggest a photo book, as well, showing the mother and child, together over 'time'. (adoption to current).

Timeline

--don't forget the original (and translated) adoption paperwork that you submitted with the DS-230.

Suggest a photo book, as well, showing the mother and child, together over 'time'. (adoption to current).

Yes, I will be sure that the wife has all original Documents with her. Yes, I did send in the P3 Supplement form with the DS-230 Document email. Sent a lot of things too. Yes, odd that the interview letter said that. It also said this:

"An Immigrant visa interview has been scheduled for the applicant at the US Embassy/Consulate in GUANGZHOU ELECTRONIC on June 15, 2010 at 07:30 am" What the heck is "GUANGZHOU ELECTRONIC" ?? Odd that they use that term.

I am getting my ticket today, prices in a word "Robbery". Should be no reason the same ticket I paid 740 for two months ago should now be 1640.00 Nuts !!!

We'll I am now reviewing notes from this website and CFL on possible questions that will be asked at the interview. We'll at least the "standard" set of questions that can be asked. Started to ask the wife all of these and will continue everyday until it is second nature.

Any other words of Wisdom at this point?

Thanks

Dan

Timeline

"An Immigrant visa interview has been scheduled for the applicant at the US Embassy/Consulate in GUANGZHOU ELECTRONIC on June 15, 2010 at 07:30 am" What the heck is "GUANGZHOU ELECTRONIC" ?? Odd that they use that term.

you realize these 'letters' are electronically generated, right?

there are TWO 'Consulates' for Guangzhou , from a data standpoint -

GUZ - Guangzhou and

GZO - Guangzhou Electronic

but it's from a 'data standpoint', ya? More Specifically, a 'database lookup' standpoint. IMO, a lookup was performed on letter generation, and 'that' Consulate name is xref'd from GZO as 'GUANGZHOU ELECTRONIC' . No Sweat, just my tax dollars (and yours) at work for plebe-ian database management. Just be happy you got something, don't sweat 'GUANGZHOU ELECTRONIC' at all.

Timeline

you realize these 'letters' are electronically generated, right?

there are TWO 'Consulates' for Guangzhou , from a data standpoint -

GUZ - Guangzhou and

GZO - Guangzhou Electronic

but it's from a 'data standpoint', ya? More Specifically, a 'database lookup' standpoint. IMO, a lookup was performed on letter generation, and 'that' Consulate name is xref'd from GZO as 'GUANGZHOU ELECTRONIC' . No Sweat, just my tax dollars (and yours) at work for plebe-ian database management. Just be happy you got something, don't sweat 'GUANGZHOU ELECTRONIC' at all.

Understand,, just picked up my ticket to Guangzhou.. 1,600.00 You can find cheaper about 1,500.00 on orbitz, but then is says no seats available. So I had to go to a travel agent in the local China Town... Still Hurts a lot.. Just going to read more about the interview reviews and go over all documents with the wife. Oh, you think we should have ALL Emails with her, just in case? almost like a show of how much evidence we really have to show we have a bona fide marriage.. Oh, I am sure the wife's pregnant belly will help too... .

Dan

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.