276 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

re-read the last 2 pages of yer topic, as well, in case something slipped by.. :D

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Just read again.. CC = Case Complete.. So If no Check List,, next is Interview date.. yes On the way to back to Guangzhou for the interview I will brain dead and then as soon as I land, I'll be nervous until we get done with the interview.. and get the Pink Slip..

Reading the OF-169, page 3. It says to sign and return before you will be given an interview date. Ok, since we are doing electronic processing we will get the interview date. Do you know if the wife will have to turn in this signed OF-169 at the interview? Should I just make sure she has one?

Dan

Timeline

Just read again.. CC = Case Complete.. So If no Check List,, next is Interview date.. yes On the way to back to Guangzhou for the interview I will brain dead and then as soon as I land, I'll be nervous until we get done with the interview.. and get the Pink Slip..

Dan

Ya - that 'check list', IMO, is a 'bad thing', slows up the process - is analogous to an RFE, but at NVC (which sucks even more).

Usually a 'check list' will ask you for something that you've missed, or is asking you for something that you've already sent in and the 'batch process' is somehow delayed.

'Case Complete at NVC' is a status you can get when you CALL IN and talk with NVC operator - I don't recall any email coming in with this status, at all.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Reading the OF-169, page 3. It says to sign and return before you will be given an interview date. Ok, since we are doing electronic processing we will get the interview date. Do you know if the wife will have to turn in this signed OF-169 at the interview? Should I just make sure she has one?

OF-169 is NOT FOR I-130 petition sent to Chicago Lockbox.

Yer I-130 petition was sent to Chicago LockBox.

Stop studying the OF-169 - that's for K-1/K-3 visas, and DCF'd I-130 petitions.

review http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/forms_and_packets.htm

specifically the IV Appointment Packet (“Packet 4”) section. That section is the ONLY SECTION that applies to yer lass. Seriously !

There is no 'packet 3' for you - you did NVC Processing, instead. Ignore IV Instruction Packet (Packet 3) - that's specifically for DCF'd I-130's - yer not ONE of those.

No, I'm not gonna bonk you with a rubber mallet, I swear !!

Edited by Darnell

Timeline

OF-169 is NOT FOR I-130 petition sent to Chicago Lockbox.

Yer I-130 petition was sent to Chicago LockBox.

Stop studying the OF-169 - that's for K-1/K-3 visas, and DCF'd I-130 petitions.

review http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/forms_and_packets.htm

specifically the IV Appointment Packet (“Packet 4”) section. That section is the ONLY SECTION that applies to yer lass. Seriously !

There is no 'packet 3' for you - you did NVC Processing, instead. Ignore IV Instruction Packet (Packet 3) - that's specifically for DCF'd I-130's - yer not ONE of those.

No, I'm not gonna bonk you with a rubber mallet, I swear !!

As of this Morning, our case is still in final Review. Or I should say, cases. I can elaborate if necessary. But I will call this afternoon after my lunch to get an update. I know it probably is useless, but it makes me feel better. At any rate we are still going and still waiting. Now here is a concern: Say they get this done by next week, for conversation purposes we will say the 14th of May 2010. Now from what NVC said, the interviews are scheduled approximately one month out, sound correct? Every hear of anything faster? or Longer? why do i ask you wonder... Now I'll tell you. I am going to go to be with the wife for the interview. I have clearence from work and just need to arrange finances around this...

We'll that's it for now..

Dan

Timeline

Now from what NVC said, the interviews are scheduled approximately one month out, sound correct?

Ya, NVC is vetting what I've already mentioned to you.

the appointment date could be anywhere in a 3 to 5 week window from the 'appointment date set' time tick.

Timeline

Now from what NVC said, the interviews are scheduled approximately one month out, sound correct?

Ya, NVC is vetting what I've already mentioned to you.

the appointment date could be anywhere in a 3 to 5 week window from the 'appointment date set' time tick.

As Always thank you. I've posted on the other guys thread about my experience so far... Just trying to pass on my experiences.. We'll called this afternoon and I was told my a nice lady named Lily that my wife's case is still in "final review" and should be done by Friday. She also told me that if there were any issues that I would have heard by now. With that said, i guess by next week we may have a interview date? Maybe? Hopfully? At anyrate that is the report for this afternoon. You know, I've read somewhere that some people got through NVC in only 12 days.... I find this difficult to believe, why? we'll it takes almost 10 days just to get a response from the NVC on the electronic filing.

Just a comment, we'll thanks for reading.. More to come............... :star:

Dan

Timeline

Oh - my apologies if I seemed snarky, recently - I've been prepping for the Wuhan jump, and now it's time to go. Mostly my stress these last 12 hours were about packing family gifts, and I've not slept at all.

couple that with yer need for speed on yer pregnant lass - and we might just start an argument :D (lord I hope not ! )

ya - I did some forecasting on 'what' and 'when' in yer thread here... I'm thinking I'll be 'spot on' or 'really close'.

I think it's great yer taking off to be there at the interview.

Timeline

Oh - my apologies if I seemed snarky, recently - I've been prepping for the Wuhan jump, and now it's time to go. Mostly my stress these last 12 hours were about packing family gifts, and I've not slept at all.

couple that with yer need for speed on yer pregnant lass - and we might just start an argument :D (lord I hope not ! )

ya - I did some forecasting on 'what' and 'when' in yer thread here... I'm thinking I'll be 'spot on' or 'really close'.

I think it's great yer taking off to be there at the interview.

Been looking at prices... like double the price from my recent April trip. Got a ticket for 800.00 but now,looking like 1,200 - 1,500. Any ideas to go for a cheap last minute ticket to Guangzhou? I do hope that we can get a interview for mid - late June or at the latest, first week of July. That puts the wife at 5.5 months pregnant. Back to Wuhan? From what I have seen China has it's issues too, but if I had to I would live in Guangzhou. Not really bad but not the best either.

At this point, i just keep calling and calling everyday, about three times a day because things seem to change rapdily with the Electronic processing..

Take care and thanks

Dan

Timeline

Been looking at prices... like double the price from my recent April trip. Got a ticket for 800.00 but now,looking like 1,200 - 1,500. Any ideas to go for a cheap last minute ticket to Guangzhou? I do hope that we can get a interview for mid - late June or at the latest, first week of July. That puts the wife at 5.5 months pregnant. Back to Wuhan? From what I have seen China has it's issues too, but if I had to I would live in Guangzhou. Not really bad but not the best either.

At this point, i just keep calling and calling everyday, about three times a day because things seem to change rapdily with the Electronic processing..

Just called .......... Again.. I was told that my wife's documents are considered "Case Complete" Now what? Will I get a happy email soon? BUT.. she said the bad words "Additional Processing"? I have bad feeling about this one. But it doesn't make sense. To say in one sentice "Case Completed" and then two minutes later to say "Additional Processing" Should I worry?

Take care and thanks

Dan

Timeline

Just a side note.. It appears that when I call NVC, the Ladies who answer are always more helpful than the men who answer.. Do not know why I am saying this, I guess nervous energy.. I need something to do while at work.. heck I am rambling.. Going nuts I think :bonk: This is not just a "Journey" it's like a trip down some really bad rapids in a really long river that has only calm spots along the way and when you get to the end.. Calm seas.........

Dan :huh:

Timeline

ya - re-verify that 'additional processing' thing, this way.

Call NVC, ask specifically 'Is my case in AP' ? or 'Is this casefile going through additional processing?'

AP, at this stage, sucks, and there's NOTHING you can do about it.

Timeline

ya - re-verify that 'additional processing' thing, this way.

Call NVC, ask specifically 'Is my case in AP' ? or 'Is this casefile going through additional processing?'

AP, at this stage, sucks, and there's NOTHING you can do about it.

Just called and they said case is complete. No mention about Additional Processing, but I think i will call one more time for the day. I am going to drive these people crazy, but heck. What else do they have to do? I'll write what they say.. Yes this thread turned out to be a novel... But maybe, just maybe it will help others. Also this one person said that NVC DOES NOT setup interview dates for Guangzhou, True ? or Not? I'll ask that question too..

We'll off to the telephone.

Dan

Timeline

sorry - that answer about NVC setting appointment for GUZ - you already know the answer - scroll back a bit :D

It's in Chapter 12 of the Novel ;)

Just called and they said case is complete. No mention about Additional Processing, but I think i will call one more time for the day. I am going to drive these people crazy, but heck. What else do they have to do? I'll write what they say.. Yes this thread turned out to be a novel... But maybe, just maybe it will help others. Also this one person said that NVC DOES NOT setup interview dates for Guangzhou, True ? or Not? I'll ask that question too..

We'll off to the telephone.

Dan

Did you ask, in the exact phrasing I gave, about AP? If not, try it, at least once.

Timeline

sorry - that answer about NVC setting appointment for GUZ - you already know the answer - scroll back a bit :D

It's in Chapter 12 of the Novel ;)

Did you ask, in the exact phrasing I gave, about AP? If not, try it, at least once.

I did call and asked is there any additional processing of the case, they said NO.. But for some reason I do not feel that warm fuzzy feeling. I think during my calling spree tomorrow I will bring up these words again to them. As normal I talked with another woman and she said the NO Word when I asked about Additional Processing. So, now we are getting closer to that letter for appointment. Oh, by the way the last women I spoke to said that The NVC DOES setup the appointment for the wife's interview. SO maybe the lady before that was not very knowleable about the electronic processing... So, I think I'll ask again tomorrow to confirm..

Yes I like to confirm things, especially with the US Government. Until the wife has visa in hand, I'll keep confirming all things.

Thanks

Dan

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.