Sign in to follow this  
malhotrar33

Marriage Certificate Change

4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I have already submitted my I-130 form and received the NOA1 notice.

I submitted my Marriage Certificate with the petition - but there seems to be something of a mistake and it has me very confused.

The Marriage Certificate has my wife's married name listed and not her maiden name.

All of the other details on the Marriage Certificate are correct - dates of birth for both, places of residence for both, date and location of marriage, father's name for both and signatures.

I don't know how the consulate is going to react to this marriage certificate, but I have emailed them to ask (waiting on response).

The marriage certificate the way it is now seems to be valid in India - she has been able to receive a new passport with her married name, change her bank account to her married name, change her mobile phone to married name, and receive a new job offer in her married name - all by presenting her Marriage Certificate.

Anyhow, I will wait to hear from the consulate - but if I decide to try and change this marriage certificate now - will that be a problem? I have already submitted the I-130 with a photocopy of my marriage certificate. So if I make a change of some kind to the marriage certificate and get a new one, how will that action appear to the NVC and the consulate? Will changing the marriage certificate after the I-130 NOA1, but before NVC, cause some difficulty or problems? And how might the consulate react to this change being made?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I have already submitted my I-130 form and received the NOA1 notice.

I submitted my Marriage Certificate with the petition - but there seems to be something of a mistake and it has me very confused.

The Marriage Certificate has my wife's married name listed and not her maiden name.

All of the other details on the Marriage Certificate are correct - dates of birth for both, places of residence for both, date and location of marriage, father's name for both and signatures.

I don't know how the consulate is going to react to this marriage certificate, but I have emailed them to ask (waiting on response).

The marriage certificate the way it is now seems to be valid in India - she has been able to receive a new passport with her married name, change her bank account to her married name, change her mobile phone to married name, and receive a new job offer in her married name - all by presenting her Marriage Certificate.

Anyhow, I will wait to hear from the consulate - but if I decide to try and change this marriage certificate now - will that be a problem? I have already submitted the I-130 with a photocopy of my marriage certificate. So if I make a change of some kind to the marriage certificate and get a new one, how will that action appear to the NVC and the consulate? Will changing the marriage certificate after the I-130 NOA1, but before NVC, cause some difficulty or problems? And how might the consulate react to this change being made?

dont worry is not gone be big issue simply you can do is go for marriage registar office and tell the officer my marriage certificate have a my wife name problem please issue me another correct certified copy with my wife maiden name which stated mr abc have only wife maiden name problem and this is a true and certified copy and mr abc wife madien name is include in this copy this copy is a part of mr abc orignal marriage certificate and this copy have a orignal stamp and seal which is the part of marriage registar office

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Ok thanks Mustafa. I would like some opinions from others as well if possible - but I think my question is a bit wordy to begin with. So here goes an attempt to try and rephrase it in a simpler fashion:

• I wish to make a correction to my Marriage Certificate
  • I have already submitted a photocopy of my Marriage Certificate with my I130 petition
  • If I make the change and get issued a new MC from the Registrar and submit this new certified copy to the NVC - will that create some doubt in the eyes of the NVC or the Consulate about the marriage?
  • If I make a change and get a new certified copy, what type of explanation should I furnish along with that?

Thanks !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Ok thanks Mustafa. I would like some opinions from others as well if possible - but I think my question is a bit wordy to begin with. So here goes an attempt to try and rephrase it in a simpler fashion:

• I wish to make a correction to my Marriage Certificate
  • I have already submitted a photocopy of my Marriage Certificate with my I130 petition
  • If I make the change and get issued a new MC from the Registrar and submit this new certified copy to the NVC - will that create some doubt in the eyes of the NVC or the Consulate about the marriage?
  • If I make a change and get a new certified copy, what type of explanation should I furnish along with that?

Thanks !

hi malhotrar33 you can call uscis imidiately and tell them that i have a wife maiden name problem in my marriage certificate please tell me can i send you a written request about my marriage certificate and ask his there is any way to slove the issue

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.