Luvbird

Petitioner visiting Fiance?

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hello again everyone,

The I-129f has been filed, received NOA1. I would really like to go stay with my fiance in Australia with a Working Holiday visa until he can come stay in the U.S. but I don't know if that's okay? My mother is going to receive my mail and then mail my mail to me in Australia should anything arrive and I am subscribed for updates by email. But if my understanding is correct, the NOA2 is just an approval letter then they begin mailing the actual forms to my fiance anyway? I'm just worried that I'm going to miss some sort of document or form while in Australia.

Thanks,

luvbird

Edited by Luvbird

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I visited my fiance in England while we were waiting for the NAO2. I had my parents collect my mail as well and just keep an eye out for me. But yes, that is all it is, is just a letter. They simply let you know that everything will be mailed from the USA to the embassy in the country where your fiance is coming from. I just made sure that when the letter came in the mail for us that my parents notified me and informed me of anything it said. You should be fine though, I don't know if it is different for Australia, but I didn't have any problems in London.

Enjoy!

Michelle and James

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

9/12/09 - Filed petition

9/16/09 - Check cashed

9/21/09 - Received NOA1

12/21/09 - Received NOA2

1/6/10 - Case received at embassy in UK

2/8/10 - Sent packet 3 forms to embassy and checklist

3/5/10 - Received Interview date!

3/8/10 - medical appointment

4/7/10 - Interview---we are approved!

6/15/10 - James is set to move to Chicago

8/7/10 - Wedding!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.