garnet80

Our documents for Vancouver K1 Interview

6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It was suggested in my other freak out post :hehe: that we list what we have set to go. We would so much appreciate anyone to go over it and see if they notice anything missing, or wrong.

First up, the medical packet.

passport

photocopy of identity page from passport

letter with case number (we used the packet 3 letter)

3 cut apart passport style photos, cut apart

Vaccination report:

2 hep b shots (3rd isn't due yet)

ipv

men-c-acwy (menactra)

mmr

TdaP

titre test result showing immunity to varicella

he will be wearing his glasses

bank draft for $330

Interview items:

passport

complete copy of I-129f package I sent in, this time with originals

a new letter from each of us confirming that we will marry within 90 days, signed and dated

copy of NOA2

proof of ongoing relationship (lots of evidence and photos)

both original birth certificates, long version (and a copy of each in case we can get originals back

USC (my) old marriage certificate

My divorce decree

Canada wide police certificate name check thingie

2 passport style photos, cut apart

2 deposit slips from paying visa fee

2 copies of the DS 156

DS 156K

An affidavit of support from me, letter from my employer, past 3 years of tax transcripts, a few paycheck stubs

An affidavit of support from my mother (co sponsor), letter from her employer, past 3 years of tax transcripts, several paycheck stubs

For the medical, is there a form he is supposed to request to make the AOS easier? I thought I read this, can't find it...

We thank you very much for looking over this list for us. An extra set of eyes would be wonderful.

Edited by garnet80
2011.png

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

It was suggested in my other freak out post :hehe: that we list what we have set to go. We would so much appreciate anyone to go over it and see if they notice anything missing, or wrong.

First up, the medical packet.

passport

photocopy of identity page from passport

letter with case number (we used the packet 3 letter)

3 cut apart passport style photos, cut apart

Vaccination report:

2 hep b shots (3rd isn't due yet)

ipv

men-c-acwy (menactra)

mmr

TdaP

titre test result showing immunity to varicella

he will be wearing his glasses

bank draft for $330

Interview items:

passport

complete copy of I-129f package I sent in, this time with originals

a new letter from each of us confirming that we will marry within 90 days, signed and dated

copy of NOA2

proof of ongoing relationship (lots of evidence and photos)

both original birth certificates, long version (and a copy of each in case we can get originals back

USC (my) old marriage certificate

My divorce decree

Canada wide police certificate name check thingie

2 passport style photos, cut apart

2 deposit slips from paying visa fee

2 copies of the DS 156

DS 156K

An affidavit of support from me, letter from my employer, past 3 years of tax transcripts, a few paycheck stubs

An affidavit of support from my mother (co sponsor), letter from her employer, past 3 years of tax transcripts, several paycheck stubs

For the medical, is there a form he is supposed to request to make the AOS easier? I thought I read this, can't find it...

We thank you very much for looking over this list for us. An extra set of eyes would be wonderful.

Sounds great -- I can't see anything you're missing!

AOS/AP/EAD Timeline

Package sent to Chicago Lockbox: 06/16/2010

Chicago Lockbox received: 06/18/2010

Received e-mail notification from Chicago Lockbox: 06/24/2010

Hard copy NOA1 received: 06/28/2010

Touch!: 06/28/2010

Received biometrics letter in the mail: 07/16/2010

Attempted walk-in biometrics @ Salt Lake City office -- DENIED: 07/16/2010

2nd attempt at walk-in biometrics @ Salt Lake City office -- SUCCESS!: 07/28/2010

EAD card production ordered!: 08/09/2010

AP approved!: 08/09/2010

2nd EAD card production ordered e-mail: 08/12/2010

AP arrived!: 08/16/2010

3rd EAD card production ordered e-mail: 08/16/2010

EAD arrived!: 08/19/2010

Received interview letter in the mail: 09/13/2010

Green card interview -- APPROVED!: 10/15/2010

Green card received: 10/25/2010

The whole AOS process took almost exactly 4 months ... not too shabby!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

After my consulate interview, I returned to the medical clinic to pick up my medical results. The medical clinic gave me three items: my chest xray, a sealed envelope marked "Do Not Open" containing 3 copies of the medical report, and an unsealed envelope containing a copy of the vaccination worksheet. I took these back to the consulate. They took and opened the sealed envelope, kept all three copies of the medical report, but had minimal interest in the xray and no interest in the unsealed vaccination info, which is a photocopy of a page from the main medical report anyways.

When I returned the next day to pick up my visa, I was advised by the guy I talked to to say to the CBP office that they guy at the consulate said I should ask for one of the copies of the medical. The guy then gave me my passport with the visa glued to one of it's pages, and the visa packet. The visa packet consisted of 2 large white sealed envelopes, both marked "Do Not Open." The thinner one was labeled to indicate that it contained the medical reports. The two envelopes were stapled together, and an elastic was wrapped around the two. There was a cover letter attached to the two with the elastic, that repeated the warning to not open the envelope, and described the upcoming requirement to file AOS in order to receive a GC.

When I went to PoE, I followed the consulate clerk's advice, and told the border officer that the consulate had told me to request a copy of the medical. The way I worded it made it clear that I was asking based on the consulate's instructions and authority. Someone recently posted here that they requested a copy of their medical at the PoE and were denied. I think that PoE's will not usually give you a copy of the medical, or anything else from the sealed visa packet, unless you imply or state outright that you were advised and instructed to ask by the consulate. Insert standard warnings about lying to CBP officers here :)

After I moved to the US, I took the vaccination worksheet to a local civil surgeon to have them transcribe the it's information on to an I-693, which I included with my AOS packet.

DON'T PANIC

"It says wonderful things about the two countries [Canada and the US] that neither one feels itself being inundated by each other's immigrants."

-Douglas Coupland

Timeline

Looks good to me garnet :)

As far as requesting a copy of your medical goes, I've never heard of that before. What would having a copy of your medical really do for you anyways? Your medical results don't contain an I-693, only a DS 2035, which is what the foreign panel physicians use to record vaccination records. Either way you need to take a copy of you vaccination supplement (which the doctor gives you after your medical anyway) and have it transcribed. Maybe if it gets lost? I guess you would have a copy to send in if that was to happen. I just seriously haven't heard of that before.

Timeline

Looks good to me garnet :)

As far as requesting a copy of your medical goes, I've never heard of that before. What would having a copy of your medical really do for you anyways? Your medical results don't contain an I-693, only a DS 2035, which is what the foreign panel physicians use to record vaccination records. Either way you need to take a copy of you vaccination supplement (which the doctor gives you after your medical anyway) and have it transcribed. Maybe if it gets lost? I guess you would have a copy to send in if that was to happen. I just seriously haven't heard of that before.

Yeah, I'd never heard of it either, and I'd been reading here for quite a while before my consulate interview.

I'm glad I was able to get a copy of my medical, but I admit it has no real use beyond satisfying some intellectual curiosity. :)

Interestingly enough, the form my medical was recorded on wasn't a DS-anything. Neither the main medical form nor the photocopy of the vaccination supplement had a DS- number on them. At the time I filed my AOS, there was some discussion that you could just include a copy of the DS-3025 vaccination info page instead of needing a signed, transcribed I-693. But the lack of any DS- number on my vaccination info page, or any other part of the medical report, prompted me to get my info transcribed onto an I-693 by a local civil surgeon, just to be sure, which turns out to have been the right thing to do.

DON'T PANIC

"It says wonderful things about the two countries [Canada and the US] that neither one feels itself being inundated by each other's immigrants."

-Douglas Coupland

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.