snookie1

where to start???

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

CONGRATS ON YOUR MARRIAGE!!!! No please do not obtain a lawyer, it's a waste of time and a waste of $$$, with this website you will be able to fill out all the documents that you need to bring your spouse over. Here is the 1st step that needs to be taken to get the process started.

Completed I-130

What I included in our I-130 application....

• A cover letter explaining what I was filing for the (I-130 form)
  • A check/moneyorder for $355
  • The I-130 application
  • A G-325A (biographic information) of yourself (4pages)
  • A G-325A (biographic information) of spouse (4pages)
  • A passport-type photo of you and one of your spouse
  • A copy of you and your spouse birth certificate (both sides)
  • A copy of your marriage certificate
  • Copies of wedding photos
  • An affadavit of bona fida marriage from a family member and or friend stating that they have knowledge of your marriage.

Hope this helps, and please make two copies of every document you send to USCIS, one for you and one for your spouse. God Bless!!!! :):):)

Edited by BlessMeIndeed

BLESS ME INDEED!!!!

Timeline

Oh I'm sorry, I didn't see that you were doing the K-3. Numerous sources are now reporting that filing for a K3 visa is a complete waste of time as they are no longer being being issued under the new fee structure. In fact, it actually slows the process down since they wait to "pair up" your applications in the system. Once they both reach the same point in the process your I-129F (K3 application) is cancelled and the I-130 proceeds on. The wait to pair the applications up actually slows down the process so it would seem you are better off not to even file for a K-3. To add to the confusion there has been no official announcement of this policy from USCIS. This is, however, what their operators have told numerous people and judging by what people are saying on various message boards it does indeed appear to be their new "policy".

How The K3 Process Works....

• File I-130 to USCIS service center servicing your state
  • File I-129F to same service center
  • I-129F is approved and sent to National Visa Center (NVC)
  • I-130F is approved and held at USCIS service center
  • NVC forwards information to embassy for I-129F
  • Spouse has interview at foreign embassy
  • K3 granted and spouse enters the USA as a non-immigrant
  • Pay $1,010 to file to adjust status and complete I-130 processing
  • Spouse now a conditional or permanent resident

You may want to surf the USCIS website for K-3 visa information to see if they are

still being accepted... :bonk::bonk:

Edited by BlessMeIndeed

BLESS ME INDEED!!!!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Oh I'm sorry, I didn't see that you were doing the K-3. Numerous sources are now reporting that filing for a K3 visa is a complete waste of time as they are no longer being being issued under the new fee structure. In fact, it actually slows the process down since they wait to "pair up" your applications in the system. Once they both reach the same point in the process your I-129F (K3 application) is cancelled and the I-130 proceeds on. The wait to pair the applications up actually slows down the process so it would seem you are better off not to even file for a K-3. To add to the confusion there has been no official announcement of this policy from USCIS. This is, however, what their operators have told numerous people and judging by what people are saying on various message boards it does indeed appear to be their new "policy".

How The K3 Process Works....

• File I-130 to USCIS service center servicing your state
  • File I-129F to same service center
  • I-129F is approved and sent to National Visa Center (NVC)
  • I-130F is approved and held at USCIS service center
  • NVC forwards information to embassy for I-129F
  • Spouse has interview at foreign embassy
  • K3 granted and spouse enters the USA as a non-immigrant
  • Pay $1,010 to file to adjust status and complete I-130 processing
  • Spouse now a conditional or permanent resident

You may want to surf the USCIS website for K-3 visa information to see if they are

still being accepted... :bonk::bonk:

The above is erroneous. Don't file an I-129F. If you do, it will slow down the I-130 before it dies without ceremony.

Nobody, NOBODY can tell you whether you need professional help without actually BEING a professional with full knowledge of your circumstances and abilities. Anybody who advises you otherwise, is being reckless and FOOLISH. There is no requirement to hire an attorney or other professional. Many who are competent at reading carefully, interpreting literally and comfortable with careful study and attention to detail are successful navigating the process on their own. Many neither have the aptitude, inclination, time or willingness to do it themselves. Only you and somebody fully familiar with your situation can make a meaningful recommendation about whether you would be well advised to do it yourself.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

My advise would be for you to read all there is to read about the CR1 visa here on this site and the state dept web site.

Congratulations and good luck.

PS, make sure all of your questions and concerns are answered before you file.

Timeline

The above is erroneous. Don't file an I-129F. If you do, it will slow down the I-130 before it dies without ceremony.

Nobody, NOBODY can tell you whether you need professional help without actually BEING a professional with full knowledge of your circumstances and abilities. Anybody who advises you otherwise, is being reckless and FOOLISH. There is no requirement to hire an attorney or other professional. Many who are competent at reading carefully, interpreting literally and comfortable with careful study and attention to detail are successful navigating the process on their own. Many neither have the aptitude, inclination, time or willingness to do it themselves. Only you and somebody fully familiar with your situation can make a meaningful recommendation about whether you would be well advised to do it yourself.

She asked a question and I answered from my experience.

Why on earth do you need any immigration lawyer or legal representative? In the United States there is virtually nothing they can do for you that you couldn't do for yourself,any information listed on Visa journey,USCIS and NVC website is self-explanatory, so please keep your reckless/foolish snide remarks to yourself.Pushbrk save your money and handle your own immigration affairs unless yours is some kind of incredibly complex and unusual case. :ot2:

Edited by BlessMeIndeed

BLESS ME INDEED!!!!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

She asked a question and I answered from my experience.

Why on earth do you need any immigration lawyer or legal representative? In the United States there is virtually nothing they can do for you that you couldn't do for yourself,any information listed on Visa journey,USCIS and NVC website is self-explanatory, so please keep your reckless/foolish snide remarks to yourself.Pushbrk save your money and handle your own immigration affairs unless yours is some kind of incredibly complex and unusual case. :ot2:

That's your opinion. I gave mine. They are different. If this is the first time anybody disagreed with you, rest assured, it will happen frequently. As for your question, my statement addressed the "why". This discussion IS on topic as it is addressing a direct immigration question.

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

That's your opinion. I gave mine. They are different. If this is the first time anybody disagreed with you, rest assured, it will happen frequently. As for your question, my statement addressed the "why". This discussion IS on topic as it is addressing a direct immigration question.

Pushbrk let it go why go TIC for TAC, I am a very pragmatic person and I deal with the REAL,She asked for advice and I gave advice.I do not respond well to insults or to belittlement. GOD BLESS!!!! NOW ONCE AGAIN :ot2::star:

BLESS ME INDEED!!!!

Moving this to the IR1/CR1 Process and Procedures forum as it looks likely the OP will file for a CR1, and this is not a K3 case filing report.

Just a quick note to BlessMeIndeed -- the reason why Pushbrk said that none of us is able to say for certain that someone will or will not need an attorney is that we are not apprised of all the facts in the OP's case. It may very well be the case that she does not need an attorney, like the majority of people on VJ. But without access to all the facts, it would be negligent to advise someone not to use a lawyer if it turns out they should. The OP needs to consider if there are any complicating factors -- police record, overstays, removal proceedings, children who need parental permission to leave their home country, to name just a few -- and then proceed accordingly.

I truly hope the OP and her husband don't have to use a lawyer and wish them the best for a speedy process. :)

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.