Azura

Update on interview

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello,

I had a previous thread in here last week outlining my fiancee's interview experience. Basically, they took his passport and said they would call him when its ready. We didnt know if this was an approval or what it was. I sent them an email and they replied:

Dear Madam,

Thank you for your e-mail. Your fiancée’s case is still pending administrative processing and we cannot tell you exactly how much time the processing will require. We will contact him as soon as we can continue with his case.

Regards.

Immigration Visa Unit

Does this mean it can still go either way? Or is AP normal?

Thanks!

Azura

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

AP is totally normal and happens to about 99 out of 100 young men coming out of the MENA region. Unfortunately its impossible to predict how long it will take, although Casa is quicker than some, like Cairo, when it comes to AP. The fact that they kept his passport is good. It costs the consulates/government money to run the name checks, which is why they wait to do them until everything else is approved. Now you just have to cross your fingers/hope/pray that he doesnt have a name hit in one of the databases/

good luck and hang in there - you are in the home stretch.

Photo1949-1.jpg

5GTLm7.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

It is definitely the norm. There's a whole thread for MENA AP-ers (like me!): AP Tracker You can add your name to the list and experience the joy when someone from the list actually gets their visa after the extended waiting! We've been on there for four months, and visually it helps ease the wait - we're coming up to be one of the older interviews on there who haven't received the visa, so hoping for not too much longer!

You can also call the DOS once a week or so to check (1-202-663-1225, hit 1 then 0 to speak to a live person), though they never have details on what's happening and have told me that they don't see updates til the visa is issued, but still makes me feel better.

Good luck to you both, you'll be together before you know it!

Meredith & Brahim

2 April 2009 - Married in France

23 April 2009 - Sent K3 Petitions

23 August 2009 - Petitions approved, sent to Paris

9 December 2009 - Interview: Approved, pending AP

7 May 2010 - 5 MONTHS LATER: DOS Confirms Visa Final Approval

10 May 2010 - Embassy Confirms Visa Being Issued

11 May 2010 - VISA IN HAND

14 May 2010 - Flights to Newark!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.