Afrilaskan Queen

Paid AOS fees 3/27/10 and no word since - normal?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi,

My question is simple. I paid the AOS fees, $400 & $70, I know they went out of my account from viewing my statement. It is almost 2 weeks and I haven't seen any new instructions from NVC, is that normal? I thought that I would receive the instructions for the affidavit of support pretty quickly. Anyone know for certain?

Thanks,

~Afrilaskan Queen~

Timeline

Hi,

My question is simple. I paid the AOS fees, $400 & $70, I know they went out of my account from viewing my statement. It is almost 2 weeks and I haven't seen any new instructions from NVC, is that normal? I thought that I would receive the instructions for the affidavit of support pretty quickly. Anyone know for certain?

Thanks,

Did you pay them online or actually send in a check/money order? I paid online so I'm only able to give an answer for that.

Road to Citizenship

04/23/2014 - N-400 Package Sent

04/25/2014 - N-400 Package Delivered

04/30/2014 - Received electronic notification

Timeline

Did you pay them online or actually send in a check/money order? I paid online so I'm only able to give an answer for that.

Hi thanks for your reply, with the new update on the site, I was thrown for a bit. I appreciate your response. We did pay online, and I finally figured out how to access our PAID page, thanks to another friend on the site too. And so our attorney has our cover page and preparing our affidavit of support. Do you know how long your affidavit of support and interview date were approved and you received notice of that?

Thanks again!

~Afrilaskan Queen~

Timeline

Hi thanks for your reply, with the new update on the site, I was thrown for a bit. I appreciate your response. We did pay online, and I finally figured out how to access our PAID page, thanks to another friend on the site too. And so our attorney has our cover page and preparing our affidavit of support. Do you know how long your affidavit of support and interview date were approved and you received notice of that?

Thanks again!

They just had a record of my Aff of Support as being received on the 6th of April so everytime I call, they said it hasn't been reviewed yet and to give them 2-4 weeks. I will try again this friday. Also, I haven't sent in the DS 230 yet as I was waiting on some information from my hubby and police reports. Where are you in the process? i'm just so ready for this to be over! :whistle:

Road to Citizenship

04/23/2014 - N-400 Package Sent

04/25/2014 - N-400 Package Delivered

04/30/2014 - Received electronic notification

Timeline

They just had a record of my Aff of Support as being received on the 6th of April so everytime I call, they said it hasn't been reviewed yet and to give them 2-4 weeks. I will try again this friday. Also, I haven't sent in the DS 230 yet as I was waiting on some information from my hubby and police reports. Where are you in the process? i'm just so ready for this to be over! :whistle:

Hi Cheyemo,

Thanks for your post. I had hired an attorney when we were denied our visa two years ago. So they are doing the affidavit of support as well (takes the load off of me) we have literally only paid the fees and just sent the cover letter and requested forms to NVC. I'm waiting to see what happens next. I understand wanting this to be over, 2-4 weeks to wait for the review of your affidavit seems like the longest 4 weeks, doesn't it?

Because our case was mishandled last time this is all new to me - a receipt of payment, and I understand that NVC will know our interview date? That's a miracle, we couldn't get it last time until literally the last minute. Please, let me know what happens on Friday - I hope they have reviewed your support by then - would be nice!

:blink: feel like I'm paperwork buzzing - thought the attorney is doing it, I gathered it. People cannot believe all that is involved and frankly after doing it neither could I. Immigrating is a long stressful process.

~Afrilaskan Queen~

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.