pinkhonu

Proof of On Going Relationship

13 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

i'm sorry if this had been asked before...

feel free to move this into another thread or merge this in a similar topic..

just wondering... i know that some people say that we should have at least phone bills and snail mails to further prove our on going relationship... but aside from the package that he sent me for my birthday last march, we've never mailed each other letters thru registered snail mail.

my fiance and i met in the beautifull island of boracay. i stayed there for 10 months and he stayed there for 10 monhts as well..

we met 2 months after my arrival on the island.. i guess it was destiny that brought us there.. because i was there to try out being independent and to have my own self discovery away from my parents wings (but with their blessing of course). i arrived there last March 10, 2009. he arrived 7 days later. we met through a common friend and have been hanging out since. and were just inseparable! (L) so at the beginning of our relationship i would only have text messages and a few emails. when he left last february 2010 to go back to the states we only used skype to call each other for it was more practical. and it was even better coz we get to see each other. we continuously chat and email too. i have slowly printed out the emails that i got from him. and have slowly gathered all the pictures that need to be printed. we have plenty of pictures to support our relationship. some of the pictures we have are with his mom and his brothers when they visited chris last august 2009 in boracay. we also have a picture together with his family and my family when we brought his family to davao for a quick vacation! at that time it was the kadayawan festival. (a month long harvest festival in davao that happens on the month of august every year) we also have several pictures that show the place and the name of the location to prove that we have been together at that same time and place. i have also kept the receipt of the package that he sent me. and when i sent some original documents for the filing of our I129f through fedex, i kept the receipt with me.

we have just recently sent the I129f. and part of trying to get through the waiting time.. i am currently preparing for the necessary documents that i would need for the interview.

now i was wondering if anyone can give me any idea on this.. should we try sending each other SNAIL MAILS for added evidence?

and for the phone calls, we don't have direct dialing on our landline.. so i would just have to buy a phone card. i know that a friend of mine use the phone cards as one of the evidences but aside from that she had phone bills to prove that they talked through the phone.

as i've mentioned my boyfriend just recently got backed to the states. he was in the navy for 6 years.

he loves diving so he took a course on being a dive instructor after leaving the navy.

after he got his dive instructor license, he went to the philippines to explore our many beautiful dive sites.

now that he's back home, he hasn't bought a cellphone. his mom has a phone but we'd rather not use it since it would be too impractical. however, if we really need to... just for added proof.. then we might just have to use the phone.

now i want to know HOW IMPORTANT ARE THOSE OTHER EVIDENCES -- regular mails and phone bills?

are they really necessary? will i have lesser chances if i don't have those?

or are my current evidences enough?

in addition to that, he's planning to send some stuff over next month. he can put in a letter there. plus he can always send a few letters after that. but, is that really necessary?? :unsure:

:help:

IR-5 Petition Parent (this is going to be a long journey)

02.12.2018 - I130 form sent (via USPS) 

02.21.2018 - I130 form delivered (via USPS) mail shipment delayed delivery

02.23.2018 - NOA1 Date 

02.24.2018 - Text Notification received 

03.05.2018 - NOA1 Received

10.05.2018 - NOA2 Received (NOA date 10.02.2018) -- Petition approved.  Petition sent to NVC in Portsmouth, NH  

More ammo the better.

Have your man get a long distance phone service that has records of his calls to you. Use that for short calls and cards for longer ones. Send each other snail mail cards and letters once a week.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes the more ammo the better..but, I never snail mailed anything to my fiance and we did just fine..in fact when she went to the interview last week..they didnt even look at the evidence she brought with her. Our focus was completing all the required documents and making sure everything was ready. When I sent the application I included about 6 photos of us and copies of my tickets and boarding passes and not that much more evidence, thinking she would bring more when she had her interview, and it turns out she didnt need any of it. But the more evidence you have the better for sure because you never know what is going to happen in the interview. Good luck

Yes the more ammo the better..but, I never snail mailed anything to my fiance and we did just fine..in fact when she went to the interview last week..they didnt even look at the evidence she brought with her. Our focus was completing all the required documents and making sure everything was ready. When I sent the application I included about 6 photos of us and copies of my tickets and boarding passes and not that much more evidence, thinking she would bring more when she had her interview, and it turns out she didnt need any of it. But the more evidence you have the better for sure because you never know what is going to happen in the interview. Good luck

Yeah it's all up to the CO and case by case. I've seen some COs that looked at snail mails and some that didn't look at any communication records. You never know what to expect.

More ammo the better!

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

You can also print up the call record from skype...all I did was just copy all the chat record (shows calls to the other person) and deleted all chats since most were really personal. It will show the date and length of call. I also use rebtel and you can print up call history with that. I will also email my wife my cell bill that shows that I txt her everyday. I dont know how much of this they will look at, but more the better. I also sent my wife flowers every month on our monthly anniversary...she will have the cards from those too. It is better to have way too much evidence and not need it, than need it and not have it.

One thing to remember though, you shouldnt need a whole lot of evidence since you are doing a K-1...just basic corrispondence...since you are not married yet...BUT you do want to show that you have maintained contact and still talk if that makes sense.

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

Timeline

thank u everybody! :thumbs:

we've decided that he'll send me a letter when he sends me some documents next month. :) thank u again! :D

and yes! i'll try to copy and paste the skype call records. :)

one more thing though... should i also type the text messages that i got from him. i have kept it until now. :)

i'm very sentimental that's why. LOL

thank u for all your help!

Edited by Chris and Ainee

02.23.2018 - NOA1 Date 

10.05.2018 - NOA2 Received (NOA date 10.02.2018) -- Petition approved.  Petition sent to NVC in Portsmouth, NH  

thank u everybody! :thumbs:

we've decided that he'll send me a letter when he sends me some documents next month. :) thank u again! :D

and yes! i'll try to copy and paste the skype call records. :)

one more thing though... should i also type the text messages that i got from him. i have kept it until now. :)

i'm very sentimental that's why. LOL

thank u for all your help!

we've decided that he'll send me a letter when he sends me some documents next month

A LETTER?

You want cards and letters addressed to you with voided stamps. You to him also.

!! ALL PAU!

Timeline

we've decided that he'll send me a letter when he sends me some documents next month

A LETTER?

You want cards and letters addressed to you with voided stamps. You to him also.

really? we're both more of "typers" than "writers" LOL

but will sure talk to him about it...

dakine.. another question... but off the topic :ot:

my mom and my brother wants to attend the wedding in the states...

it's going to be a church wedding.. so i was hoping that some of my family can get to go.

my dad's old and has a heart failure and won't survive the long plane ride to the states.

so anyway, here's my question...

what types of visa can my mom and my brother apply for?

aside from tourist visa of course?

coz i've heard somewhere that i can send them an invitation to the wedding and they can show that to the embassy...

and get approved for a 2 to 3 week stay in the states...

any idea on this?

sure would love to hear about it! thank you in advance dakine!! :)

so far you (dakine) have been very helpful!!

God bless!

02.23.2018 - NOA1 Date 

Timeline

A LETTER?

dakine, one more thing.. u said.. i should also send him letters, cards, etc. thru the airmail...

how will i show that as proof to the embassy? should he scan it when he receives it? then i'll just print a copy here?

or should i copy it before sending it to him and then take a picture of the mail with the stamp... but that won't make sense though..

how would they know if i really sent it?

so that means i would really have to send him a couple of registered mails..

do i need to get it back from him?

how do we do that?

sorry if the question sounds dumb.. but just want to clarify it.. thanks!

02.23.2018 - NOA1 Date 

For one unless your mom and brother have EXCELLENT reasons they have to return to the Philippines and won't go TNT when they get there there isn't much chance of them attending your wedding.

Have fiance mail you all the original evidence [ your mail]right before your interview.

!! ALL PAU!

Timeline

definitely not going tnt. my mom would have bank statements, land titles and business permits to prove her economic ties in the country.

same with my brother, he has recently acquired 2 land titles through deed of donations by my father.. and he has a good employment record and can produce a certificate of employment and a bank statement to go with it.

so i'm assuming you're telling me that tourist visa is the only way to go for them right?

coz i was just wondering if there's another type of visa for that...

coz they can't apply for it now unless i'll get approved and be there... and then send them the invitation for the wedding.

coz we can't send an invitation now since we haven't even received our noa2 yet.. and we don't have a date yet for the wedding.

i'm just inquiring this now.. since i would need to get married within 90 days upon arrival. and a tourist visa might take time to be approved. :blink:

any thoughts on this dakine?

thanks again.. :)

i think u have a big heart for helping people like me... or just have a lot of time in their hands. :)

either way, thank you. i do appreciate it. :D

02.23.2018 - NOA1 Date 

Timeline

to dakine

by the way, that's a really big crab! :thumbs:

02.23.2018 - NOA1 Date 

definitely not going tnt. my mom would have bank statements, land titles and business permits to prove her economic ties in the country.

same with my brother, he has recently acquired 2 land titles through deed of donations by my father.. and he has a good employment record and can produce a certificate of employment and a bank statement to go with it.

so i'm assuming you're telling me that tourist visa is the only way to go for them right?

coz i was just wondering if there's another type of visa for that...

coz they can't apply for it now unless i'll get approved and be there... and then send them the invitation for the wedding.

coz we can't send an invitation now since we haven't even received our noa2 yet.. and we don't have a date yet for the wedding.

i'm just inquiring this now.. since i would need to get married within 90 days upon arrival. and a tourist visa might take time to be approved. :blink:

any thoughts on this dakine?

thanks again.. :)

i think u have a big heart for helping people like me... or just have a lot of time in their hands. :)

either way, thank you. i do appreciate it. :D

Tourist visa is the only way.

!! ALL PAU!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.