Montana + Joseph

K-1 Fiance(e) Visa, I-134 - Co-sponsor query

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey everyone :)

We're now at the stage of waiting for the interview date at the US embassy in London but have a couple of questions regarding the I-134 affadavit of support.

Both my fiancée and her mother (co-sponsor) have filled in a form each. However, we only have evidence from my fiancée as she's the main sponsor (e.g. pay stubs/tax returns). We're wondering if that was satisfactory at this stage, or whether the co-sponsor was also required to furnish evidence if the I-134 form wasn't enough. If they do, do you have any examples of the kinds of evidence that may be required?

Any help would really be appreciated!

Joseph & Montana

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey everyone :)

We're now at the stage of waiting for the interview date at the US embassy in London but have a couple of questions regarding the I-134 affadavit of support.

Both my fiancée and her mother (co-sponsor) have filled in a form each. However, we only have evidence from my fiancée as she's the main sponsor (e.g. pay stubs/tax returns). We're wondering if that was satisfactory at this stage, or whether the co-sponsor was also required to furnish evidence if the I-134 form wasn't enough. If they do, do you have any examples of the kinds of evidence that may be required?

Any help would really be appreciated!

Joseph & Montana

The I-134 without supporting documentation is not satisfactory, because the sponsor (as well as any co sponsors) needs to prove they have the means to support and the I-134 alone by itself does not do that. Evidence samples are the same for anyone who provides an I-134 (pay stubs, tax returns, bank statements, etc....).

YMMV

Both the petitioner and the co sponsor need to provide the same type of information. To get a better idea of the types of financial information that are helpful, you can look at the I 864 instructions ( affidavit of support for the next journey of immigration.... your Adjustment of status to conditional permanent resident). You will probably be able to use the same package of information for the adjustment of status depending how long you wait to adjust your status after your marriage. So make sure you keep copies of all that was sent. Anyway... some of examples is the most current bank statement with length of account and balance, tax transcripts for the last 3 years, Paystubs and employment letter stating payrate, hours and status of his/her employement. The co sponser information should be able to stand alone at the interviewing process.

Good luck biggrin.gif

Edited by prettyunique

01.09.10 Married

02.01.10 - AOS/EAD/AP sent to Chicago! (day 1)

02.02.10 - Delivered to Chicago per USPS delivery confirmation/signature @ 11:30a

02.10.10 - Check cashed (day 9)

02.12.10 - Recieved NOA in the mail for AOS, EAD, AP (dated 2/8/10: Day 1)

02.16.10- Biometrics appointment for 3.4.10 (dated 2.11.10)

02.18.10 - Early biometrics! walk-in (day 10)

02.22.10 - RFE for Medical (dated 2.18.10)

02.23.10 - Infopass (not helpful)

02.26.10 - Sent reply to RFE for I 693 to Lee's Summit and sent letter to senator (day 18)

03.01.10 - Delivery confirmation for RFE by Lee's summit and senator

03.04.10 - Status update: Case has resumed; letter from senator stating case is with adjunctor(day 24 )

03.08.10 - AOS application transferred to CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER... No updates on EAD or AP (day 28)

03.13.10 - touch on 485/ 3.15.10 - touch on 485/ 3.16.10 - touch on 485/ 3.17.10 - touch on 485!!! (day 37)

03.29.10 - Day 49 from notice date of NOA.... day 58 from filing

04.06.10 - AP approved and EAD card production ordered!!! (Day 56)

04.08.10 - touch on AP...... 04.09.10- touch on EAD (second card production notice) and AOS

04.10.10 - AP arrived in the mail

04.13.10 - EAD approval notice online and card in the mail

07.10.10 - A TOUCH!!! (on AOS)

08.06.10 - Another touch

08.17.10- AOS approved!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.