reddiablo

red S DAKOTA

4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

GANG

had a faultless POE at Toronto Pearson yesterday morning,

the guys at Immigration were just fabulous.

so different to door lady at montreal.

while I sat waiting for my turn , one of the officers came over and whispered in my ear,

that a lady was asking If I am a famed actor.

told him my wife thinks I play the clown sometimes arf.

was thinking these guys have my passport and know my name and

yet they ask who I may be ???

was it a trick question arf,

was very fast at airport, and I arrived to my sweet jules at 2 pm.

had a lovely visit with her dad ,when we got a call fro her ex

that jules dog katie was very poorly.

so off she had to go in a upset state.

I ended up walking sioux falls s dakota for a nice evening stroll.

nice and cooler than the cooker that toronto was tuesday eve.

Julie came back so upset that she had to let katie go after 14 years.

glad that I AM here to comfort her and that shes had a month with her old doggie.

off to deadwood at 6 am fri morning

all the best

roger red diablo

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

roger, never underestimate the impact of the loss of a four-legged friend. It can hit deeper, harder, and longer than the loss of a parent. Dogs give nothing but love. Which is why some people believe they're angels, heaven sent. When it's time for me to go, I hope to be met by my Westie, who passed a year ago. Surely their spirits deserve to go on forever. It's no accident you were there, rested and relaxed, to support jules when it was time for her dog to go. Be kinder.

I-130 sent Mar 30, 06

approved Aug 15, 06

I-129f sent April 24, 06

approved July 27, 06

Montreal interview Jan 18, 07

POE Toronto Jan 28, 07

EAD sent Jan. 30, 07

transferred to Vermont Feb 12

biometrics Feb 22

approved March 13

card returned undeliverable! March 27

called after 6 weeks to have EAD re-sent

AOS sent Jan. 30, 07

biometrics Feb 22

RFE for complete medical (!) Feb 23

Called Senator from NJ - never returned call

Infopass March 19 (no help)

Replied to RFE with duplicate medical March 19

Sent additional evidence (I-693A) March 26

NBC received supplement March 30

touched April 4

Interview July 16

Filed: Other Timeline

awww, Roger, our condolences to your wife. Its hard to lose a long loved pet :( She'll meet her again at the rainbow bridge.

Glad you had an unevenful crossing too.

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Glad POE went well and my deepest sympathies for the loss of the furry 4 legged human. Loosing a close companion is hard.

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.