Obama 2012

Drunk Driver Kills 2 and Inures 3 Others...

7 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Ok, why in the hell is this guy still ont he road driving? Fourth ###### DWI? What the hell. In this pro death penalty state, I hope we hang him out to dry. Damn.

------

LEWISVILLE (CBS 11 / TXA 21) ― A mother and daughter were killed after a drunken driver slammed into their car around 2 a.m. Saturday in Lewisville. The victim's husband and two other children were transported to area hospitals.

According to Lewisville police, John Barton, 29, switched lanes at a high rate of speed and hit 30-year-old Kandace Hull's car. Police say Hull and her daughter Autumn, 14, were killed after Barton rear-ended their Nissan Sentra, flinging it 600 feet down Interstate 35E near Highway 121.

Hull's husband Tony and their two other children were transported to area hospitals. Tony Hull is in serious condition. Authorities have not released the children's condition.

This is fourth time Barton has been arrested for an incident connected with drunken driving. He has two prior DWI charges in Denton County and one in Tarrant County.The original charges for intoxication manslaughter and intoxication assault have been upgraded to murder because of his record. He is currently booked at the Denton County Jail.

Barton and a passenger in his vehicle were not injured.

http://cbs11tv.com/local/third.dwi.kills.2.1611082.html

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

The idiots responsible for letting this guy off the other 3 times should hang as well.

8/2/2021:  Mailed N-400

8/4/2021: N-400 received

8/6/2021:  Biometrics to be reused
3/15/2022:  Interview (successful)

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

What does this say about Texas' law and justice? I don't see how people can get that many DUI's and still keep their license. DUI's don't get taken off your record after a period of time, they are there forever.

Timeline

What does this say about Texas' law and justice? I don't see how people can get that many DUI's and still keep their license. DUI's don't get taken off your record after a period of time, they are there forever.

Probably his license was suspended/revokes... Well, depending on when they happened. They changed the law a few years ago to where it gets suspended for a year on the first offense. Though even if that's the case, doesn't stop him from driving...

nfrsig.jpg

8/14/2010 - Touched!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Probably his license was suspended/revokes... Well, depending on when they happened. They changed the law a few years ago to where it gets suspended for a year on the first offense. Though even if that's the case, doesn't stop him from driving...

It would still have been on his record, and subject to review by a judge when his penalty was set on his 2nd and 3rd DUI. That would have been the fault of either the DMV hearing officer for the administrative hearing, or the trial judge on the criminal side. Eithr one could have revoked his license, yet neither did.

I seem to recall something about an open container law in Texas...

I know that everyone there stops in after work to buy a 'single' at their local quick shop...

kp7cnfvctuzu.png

Timeline

It would still have been on his record, and subject to review by a judge when his penalty was set on his 2nd and 3rd DUI. That would have been the fault of either the DMV hearing officer for the administrative hearing, or the trial judge on the criminal side. Eithr one could have revoked his license, yet neither did.

As I said, our laws here just changed a few years ago.

Used to be:

1st Offense - Large fine/couple of days in jail

2nd offense - Large fine/couple of days in jail/breathalizer in your car

3rd offense - Large fine/jail time/license revoked for period to be determined.

So it depends on when the other offenses took place. If they were several years ago, then it was treated a lot differently than it is today. It's pretty much Zero Tolerance today...

nfrsig.jpg

8/14/2010 - Touched!

02/07/2011 - Medical!